test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who IS this mystery man?

dmchaosmainlinedmchaosmainline Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Walking along in Protector's Enclave, by the stairs near the East of the Pious Lady's group, I glimpsed a quest icon, that disappeared after a split second... intrigued i waited to see if this instance would repeat.... about a minute later, the same occurred, blinking into, then out of existence before I could talk to him... On the third time, 2 barrels spawned, which I promptly kicked away... the fourth appearance was this Cloaked Man, with an exclamation point above his head... what is UP with this phantom quest giver, and why is he too busy to talk to ME? I have included pictures of the location he appeared, and the screenshot I caught of our interaction.... I am sorry I was unable to grab a screenshot while he was appeared... he didn't stick around very long. Anyone else experience this/ know anything about it?

2bpqwl.jpg
11trhaw.jpg

Mitch
Norian@dmchaosmainline on Mindflayer
chaosmainline@gmail.com
Post edited by dmchaosmainline on

Comments

• Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Considering his armour, and the rest of his kit, I would imagine he is a rogue. Perhaps a quest line that is just not active ATM. Interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Considering his armour, and the rest of his kit, I would imagine he is a rogue.

no kidding? you sir are a genius!
  • Options
    tathentathen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah he gives rogue quests hes in black lake & neverdeath as well
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    no kidding? you sir are a genius!
    Your post added what value to the discussion? Hello Pot, Kettle calling.
    tathen wrote: »
    So I would presume that he should only be visible to Rogues, or are the quests he gives in Blacklake and Neverdeath available to all? If so I missed him on my first trip through them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tathen wrote: »

I encountered one in blacklake with a rogue, but I think it is also RACE specific, because I have played through blacklake with other rogues and NOT encountered him... I think he's half-elf or elf exclusive in blacklake.... I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your post added what value to the discussion? Hello Pot, Kettle calling.

none whatsoever - once again, sharp as a tack
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No Devs or Mods to ring in?
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've seen these guy somewhere around a corner, but not sure where I saw him. When I interact him there was no quest available. Im also a rogue race is elf.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok I think I remember now. I saw these guy right after I passed on the bridge then after that I receive a mail and it says there it was from "A Friend(the cloaked man)" im pretty sure that's him. Check your mail cos I remember he'll ask you in that mail to meet him somewhere then I guess that's the time u begin the quest.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have received word from some sources attached to the game that the appearing and disappearing fellow is NORMAL, and he'll more properly reveal himself to me as I get to even higher levels of rogue... the fact that he's appearing with an exclamation point for me but no quest is the only part of this that is glitchy/buggy... thanks for all interested... and thank you to the mod who PMed me more detailed info.