test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Rough Astral Diamonds from Leadership on Gateway

braxkedrenbraxkedren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This has been going on from the start of Open Beta. If I use the Gateway to do Leadership quests that gain Rough Astral Diamonds(RAD), I get all rewards except those RAD that I was to get. It happens every-time. If i do the quests while logged in I get the RAD but not if I do these through the Gateway.
Post edited by braxkedren on

Comments

• vorhodorinvorhodorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had the same issue, but it just started yesterday. That's pretty much all I use the gateway for atm, I don't have time at work to log on and change profession jobs constantly so I do the 2hr Protect the Caravan to get some AD. Last two days, I get everything but the AD I should have earned.
  • braxkedrenbraxkedren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's what I do as well and its the same thing on the 2 hour or 4 hour version
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that sucks. I just assumed it was working. I was kind of wondering why my characters seemed to have less AD than I thought they should after queuing those up multiple times a day every day since the beginning of open beta. *sigh*
  • tfoottfoot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been out of town since last Friday, and I used the gateway to set up/collect results for the "Gather Astral Diamonds" rare Leadership task 4 or 5 times. When I got back into town and was able to log into the game, I saw that it didn't generate any rough astral diamonds for me, but I did get the experience. And yesterday, I set up/collected the same task in-game, and was able to get the rough astral diamonds.

Just wanted to "ditto" this bug report.

Thanks,

Throbblefoot
  • itsruiditsruid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [QUOTE=tfoot;4053641 I used the gateway to set up/collect results for the "Gather Astral Diamonds" rare Leadership task 4 or 5 times. When I got back into town and was able to log into the game, I saw that it didn't generate any rough astral diamonds for me, but I did get the experience. And yesterday, I set up/collected the same task in-game, and was able to get the rough astral diamonds.

Just wanted to "ditto" this bug report.

Thanks,

Throbblefoot[/QUOTE]

+1 Just wanted to "ditto" this bug report.
    edited May 2013
    Okay this seems a little weird to me, but I swear this is how it went down: when I did the "Gather Astral Diamonds" rare Leadership task again in game, it seems to have "unclogged" the system or something, because I ended up with way more rough astral diamonds than I thought I should have -- about as many as I tried to collect via the web interface. So you might try the task again, collect the result in game, and see if your rough astral diamonds appear.

T, T
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed after using the gateway for some leadership tasks that the rough astral diamonds seemed to be missing as well. However, after looking closer, I realized that my refined astral diamonds had increased by about the amount that my rough diamonds should have. I'm not sure if this is what's happening for everyone else. But in my case, the issue seems to be the diamonds getting credited to the wrong place rather than disappearing altogether.
  • nakinninakinni Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same exact issue with me. They are not going to rough astral diamonds or the other one for either character.
  • badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Your Rough Astral Diamonds are auto refined for you for that day if you have not reached your refine cap. If you have reached your refine cap for the day, they will auto refine the next day.

You should see a message in your chat window telling you that your Rough Astral Diamonds have been refined.
    We are going to work on making this a little more clear.
  • paladinojaypaladinojay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got the same insue, but some weeks later i dint get this problem...
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Your Rough Astral Diamonds are auto refined for you for that day if you have not reached your refine cap. If you have reached your refine cap for the day, they will auto refine the next day.

You should see a message in your chat window telling you that your Rough Astral Diamonds have been refined.

That's not what I am experiencing, I am getting no change to AD or RAD amounts if I complete more than one cycle of protect caravan
  • verekkverekk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I just realized this has been happening to me as well. Completed 3 "Protect Diamond Shipments" (1600 RAD per) on the gateway and received nothing when I logged in. I was also still at max refining capability (24k).

A bit discouraging as I don't know how long this has been happening...
  • coriolanus70coriolanus70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see this too but what I think the dev was saying is that the RAD are auto refined and added to your total AD.

It will be worth checking by writing down your AD total, logging out of the game and using gateway to earn more RAD. The next time you log in you can see if the system auto refined the RAD you earned via Gateway and added it to your total. I am going to do that today!
  • sporadicussporadicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That works. Thanks for clearing this up, Badbotlimit!
  • snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is not happening. They are not auto refining and if you pay attention to how much AD you have ... that is not going up either. You might need to further look into this.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is still a bug. I did Protect Diamond Caravan (or something like that) and I mistakenly collected in the Gateway. Mistakenly because I've heard this complaint going around. So, I checked my in game account and no rough AD. I had a 3rd one just expiring, and when i collected in game, it gave me the rough AD. So, I lost 2x 1600 AD today.
  • coriolanus70coriolanus70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine seems to be working ok. I did an overnight test where I did a few Leadership things to collect RAD. The system auto refined them and added them to my total AD overnight. I started with 74,399 and logged in this morning to find myself at 75,099. I collected a few of them before going to bed last night, without logging onto the character until this morning.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine seems to be working ok. I did an overnight test where I did a few Leadership things to collect RAD. The system auto refined them and added them to my total AD overnight. I started with 74,399 and logged in this morning to find myself at 75,099. I collected a few of them before going to bed last night, without logging onto the character until this morning.

So, you're saying the AD you get are not rough, but refined. That in itself is a bug, but I will test it out on all the AD one's through the Gateway to confirm what you say.
  • ereck1974ereck1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I did a handful of Protect the Caravan missions through the Gateway TODAY - and received no astral diamonds, raw or refined. Please try and figure this out, the Gateway is a great tool and I want it to work 100%!
  • lordvalorouslordvalorous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Just want to add another confirmation, I used the gateway, I WAS NOT capped at refining, and I did not receive any AD, whether refined or unrefined.
    edited June 2013
    I did a little more testing on this, and can confirm for certain that this is an issue. Collecting results for "Protect the Caravan" always works in-game, but not through the gateway. Utania's comment about "more than one cycle of protect caravan" being part of the problem is very interesting. If I didn't need the astral diamonds, I'd test it out....

T,T
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well this stinks! I lost out on a bunch of good rare leadership diamonds...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • whotookmyname2whotookmyname2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As of the Gateway update from yesterday, this is still not working. Getting no RAD on my character nor any AD added to my total. I am getting the XP though. This is discouraging.
    Right click, left click, left click, left click, tab, E, R, tab, right click, left click, left click, 2, tab, E, R and repeat. What am I?

Usually, dead.
  • mizuko20mizuko20 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem still persist!! I didn't have time to enter the game during the last few days, but I made several leadership tasks whenever I could on both of my characters and when I logged in today, surprise-surprise, no RAD nor an increased AD!

This is intolerable, really disappointing and I want a solution. I mean, I want those RAD, it's my "work", my time, and it sucks to have wasted it for nothing. I just can't believe the problem has been going on for months with no resolution...what the hell?