test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A suggestion about mounts

rillelrillel Member Posts: 31
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
A thought occured to me the other day and I thought I'd share it here.

So basically, we've all done those painfully long dungeons like Spellplague or Castle Never right? And either you or someone happens to disconnect, and you need to start from the beginning again, which happens quite often.
Scratch that, even shorter dungeons are a pain if you happen to die and need to start from a fire place a long way back.

Well, why can't we enable mount use in dungeons? As of now, a better mount is only really needed in PvP once you reach level 60. Being able to mount up in dungeons would increase the incentive to get a better mount (good for Cryptic) and reduce the tedious downtime for players (good for us).
It's a win/win.
Post edited by rillel on

Comments

• arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My name is Aron Times, and I approve of this post.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I approve of some dungeon mounting.

I also approve of the idea that there should be some Glory Mounts available.
  • rillelrillel Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    dematto wrote: »

As cool as that would be it would probably devalue the current mounts in the game bought with zen, so it's not going to happen.
    That's why I thought my suggestion was perfect. It increases the usefulness and value of mounts, making people more tempted to buy (gotta see it from their point of view).
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exploiting short cuts or death runs to the furthest fireplace would be one logical reason why we can't.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Exploiting short cuts or death runs to the furthest fireplace would be one logical reason why we can't.

unfortunately, this.
    edited June 2013

I don't agree. People already run to any possible fireplace already, having a mount is not going to help with that, not to mention you would most certainly get dismounted.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rillel wrote: »
    I don't agree. People already run to any possible fireplace already, having a mount is not going to help with that, not to mention you would most certainly get dismounted.

Well, never say never. Exploits don't come out of thin air, its players creativity that leads to them. This would open another layer of hell only to please few lazy people who don't want to run for 30 seconds.
    If you are so concerned about your time or wasting it, why do you play MMO in the first place?
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    WoW haven't seen dungeons that big yet but yeah if they are that big a mount is definitely necessary! /sign
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or they could be a bit more generous with campfire placement in dungeons...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited June 2013
    Well, never say never. Exploits don't come out of thin air, its players creativity that leads to them. This would open another layer of hell only to please few lazy people who don't want to run for 30 seconds.
    If you are so concerned about your time or wasting it, why do you play MMO in the first place?

I fail to see how this would be opening another layer of hell even if people managed to run to a fireplace. Also, good to know that me playing this particular genre is a waste of time.
  • ghostimghostim Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rillel wrote: »
    I fail to see how this would be opening another layer of hell even if people managed to run to a fireplace. Also, good to know that me playing this particular genre is a waste of time.

Simply put if your entire team had epic mounts, you could breeze through alot of content getting to campfires then wiping to respawn at the new campfire.

Currently you can do this 2 times in the Caverns of Karrundax where you run past all the mobs get to the campfire and wipe then you respawn at the fire skipping all those mobs and like 20 minutes of fighting.
    PS4 Astrid Stormfury 2631 GWF
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dematto wrote: »
    I approve of some dungeon mounting.

GLORY MOUNTS, Or how about more things to buy with glory in general? SUCH AS WARDS/ENCHANTS!?
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Perhaps incorporate coding where the user is dismounted upon entering combat inside the dungeon. This would help alleviate some of the disconnect issues a long with increasing preclearing dungeon delve times. :rolleyes: