test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Lag Spikes

eclipticsecliptics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So for the past 3 days, I've been having a constant 1 second~ lag spike every 10 seconds or so. It never stops unless it's super late at night. My latency has also increased notably over the last week from a 60 or so average all the way up to 120-150.

These mini spikes basically make the game unplayable as I'll constantly rubberband and have abilities never go off. Not to mention it makes players (and NPCs) freeze in place for a second, so everything feels extremely clunky.

It's not my connection, I've ran a constant ping to a number of addresses during this, and my latency remains rock solid to said addresses while the spike occurs. I also have no issues with other games.

Here's a picture showing what I'm talking about:

http://imgur.com/YjqR5qN

Anyone else having similar issues? Also, for anyone who wants to test out their latency, you can type "/netgraph 1" without the quotes to bring it up. Type the same thing with a 0 instead of a 1 to turn it off again.
Post edited by ecliptics on

Comments

• eclipticsecliptics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is still happening. I can't be the only one having this problem. Getting to the point where I'm about to make a chargeback on my card since I can't find this being acknowledged, let alone ever getting fixed.

Anyone else having this?
  • eclipticsecliptics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still ongoing, haven't been able to play for days. For whatever reason, using the EU proxy removes the issue entirely, but unfortunately gives me stupidly high pings.

Is there ANYONE having this problem or am I alone here?
  • zeras81zeras81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ecliptics wrote: »
    Still ongoing, haven't been able to play for days. For whatever reason, using the EU proxy removes the issue entirely, but unfortunately gives me stupidly high pings.

Is there ANYONE having this problem or am I alone here?

I have the same problem but mostly in pvp. The game disconnects me from every pvp match I have no idea why this is happening it all started 3 or 4 days ago as well, before that it was fine I was having a ball pvping.
  • czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This happens to me as well, not with the frequency you have it happen, but it can be noticeable at times.
  • thethecrewtonthethecrewton Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue in pvp and instances. Whenever a group of 6 or more start to fight my computer drops to .02fps until the fight is over. The game is completely unplayable for me aside from questing or running around PE. It's really frustrating as my groups don't enjoy their tank standing there while they all play >.<
  • pitufo688pitufo688 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having this problem since i hit 60 3 days ago. Every 5 Second I get 1 Second lag spike.

When zoning to Dungeons i get "Server does not Respond" for up to 200-300 seconds and sometimes dropping me from the game.

This is a very annoying Issue, Anyone have a fix for this? Not letting me enjoy the game AT ALL!

My internet connection is fine and steady. Must be Connection to the servers some how.
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have been having issues recently. Lag spikes and/or server not responding. Random kicks etc.. Pretty flippin annoying. Last night was terrible as as Sunday. Saturday and Monday I had no issues at all.. People were saying it is on my end but I am having no issues connecting/running any other game/service. It isn't just you at least :*(
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone of you has resolved lag in pvp?
  • galinaceowgalinaceow Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I feel your pain. Constant lag spikes every 5 seconds or so. Sometimes it goes over 1000ms.
    Lag spikes is what making me not want to pay any dime for this game.
    If they resolve this, I may throw some money on their pockets, otherwise, no.
    My Class is Warlord ... "Onward to victory! They cannot stand before us!"
    Warlords are accomplished and competent battle leaders. Warlords stand on the front line issuing commands and bolstering their allies while leading the battle with weapon in hand. Warlords know how to rally a team to win a fight.
  • warstormforumwarstormforum Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    been having those crazy every 1-2 secs lagspikes myself aswell the past 2-3 days its kinda bad since it makes the game practically unplayable
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been having same issue, but not so often. Like if I run a delve I might freeze 3 times during it for 1-2 secs then all would be fine again till next freeze.
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Past few days i have been feeling it too rubber banding in PE a lot never had it before and my connection is a decent 10mb connection so no issues there. tested with other games no problems.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    did you try defragging your hard drive? I've noticed that after a patch. defragging seems to clear up some of the 'stutter'.
  • brunhildhabrunhildha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I usually get lag spikes and crash out whenever I travel to the city near the auction house, but I guess that is normal considering how many people are crammed up in that area all spamming away and people auctioning stuff. If I stay away from the auction area I'm fine, other than that, Im ok with the rest of the game.
  • jorderon1jorderon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was experiencing lag and rubber banding quite a bit recently. Just today and yesterday on Dragon server.