test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tired of OP Rogues please NERF NOW

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Their damage and survivability is insane not to mention that stupid ability that locks you out of all skills along with stealth etc etc.

Please bring this class (which takes NO SKILL) to play in pvp back in balance with the rest.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What stupid ability that locks out of all skills? I'm a TR and am wondering what I have to look forward too :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He means dazing strike, which is an awful ability for PvP, if the original post is too stupid to dodge a highly telegraphed move with over a second start up time, then he needs to learn how to play instead of claiming the class requires no skill.

As far as PvP, rogues aren't even the best. Clerics dominate, followed closely by Wizards. Rogues have nothing on those two. But then again, the Original poster can't even dodge one of the slowest moves in the game, so his argument is invalid.
  • lessflosslessfloss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues don't have the best damage resistance either, so it balances out.
  • darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I think they should nerf your face instead of rogue but thats just me.
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should nerf guardians
  • creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    they should nerf guardians

I am creolegamer, and i approve this post^^
  • irhilirhil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »
    He means dazing strike, which is an awful ability for PvP, if the original post is too stupid to dodge a highly telegraphed move with over a second start up time, then he needs to learn how to play instead of claiming the class requires no skill.

LMAO. Do you know how does stealth affect Dazing Strike? No? Then shhhh.
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Lots of bads in this thread who need to Learn2Play
    edited June 2013
    irhil wrote: »
    LMAO. Do you know how does stealth affect Dazing Strike? No? Then shhhh.

Yes, it makes the start up time faster (but still not instant) at the cost of blowing your stealth and making yourself an easy target.

If you keep on the move, stealthed dazing strike will still likely miss, it still has a start up. And even if it does hit, you can still move around while dazed, its not like the Wizards choke which completely disables you, can't be dodged and is done from a safe range.
    edited June 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »
    Yes, it makes the start up time faster (but still not instant) at the cost of blowing your stealth and making yourself an easy target.

If you keep on the move, stealthed dazing strike will still likely miss, it still has a start up. And even if it does hit, you can still move around while dazed, its not like the Wizards choke which completely disables you, can't be dodged and is done from a safe range.

*cough* it can be dodged, i've wasted a couple chokes on a rolling rogue. It wasnt intentional on their part tho, jus unfortunate timing while they run from an ally i'm trying to help.....but i agree with ya, dazing strike or smoke isnt a rogue's best talents. To see someone complain about some of the lamest cc in the game makes me wonder why this thread exists.
  • trozitrozi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stop crying and l2p yours class, im playing mostly PvP and its easy to counter TR, just learn it. Most TR skills have long animation and u can easily dodge them.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you get killed by a rogue, you deserved it hard, because you were not aware of your surrounding - or you was CCed by a CW. As a rogue and DC, I get rarely killed by rogue if not any other class with CC is involved. Rogue high damage attacks are so easy to dodge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanarielhanariel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    every single MMO needs a class easy to play like rogue, so relax
    edited June 2013
    hanariel wrote: »

can you explain the difficulty in the other classes then good sir?
    edited June 2013
    hanariel wrote: »

How exactly are rogues easier to play than any of the other classes?
  • jessika23jessika23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    Their damage and survivability is insane not to mention that stupid ability that locks you out of all skills along with stealth etc etc.

Please bring this class (which takes NO SKILL) to play in pvp back in balance with the rest.

Thanks
    Why did you need to start a whole new thread? You already have a thread going on the same subject.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?241842-Devs-it-is-REALLY-time-to-nerf-Rogues
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues are meant to be good at dealing massive single target burst damage but suck in aoe. What can you expect if it killed you easily? Rogues are the damage dealer in party esp they deal so much damage in 1v1 thats y they are also important to have in party to kill a boss as fast as possible. While the wizards are half support and half damage dealer. And the clerics are the full support. Guardians are tankers. GWF are damage dealer and also a good tank. You see every class has its own role.
    SIGNATURE
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    klipsta wrote: »
    Lots of bads in this thread who need to Learn2Play

this, qft for noobs
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    this, qft for noobs

Lots of people who took the troll bait too though.