test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug: Profession choices fail to load/display.

edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This is a really annoying bug I run into very frequently, both in-game and on the Gateway. Whenever I have any kind of profession task actively running and attempt to begin another task in one of my other empty overview slots, my profession choices fail to display.

For example, despite having 3 slots to run tasks on, through the in-game professions interface I (at this moment) can't get any of my Platesmith or Leadership tasks to show because I have a Leadership task running in 1 of those 3 slots (the other 2 are empty and awaiting use). As soon as the current active task completes, suddenly the interface will magically begin displaying all my assignment choices again.

Sometimes, instead of showing an empty list of options, it shows a partial list. Usually it will only display the rare entries during these moments; the common tasks will not display.

This is not a problem with my filter settings.

Also, whenever I'm having this problem in-game, attempting to do this through Gateway will just result in the Leadership or Platesmithing tabs to get stuck in a endless loading state.

Logging in and out of either client does not fix this problem. I literally have to wait until I have no active tasks running in any of my overview slots before it clears itself up, which is really annoying if you have an extremely long tasks running.
Post edited by edgenw on

Comments

• Options
    oldcrow70oldcrow70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. Also a friend said he is experiencing this as well. :(
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just want to give an example of the problem. As you can see in the attached picture, the only entries being displayed are the two rare tasks, but none of the standard tasks. If I uncheck the "Hide Higher Level Tasks" filter, then three more rare tasks (for a total of five) that are above my profession level display, but the standard tasks still remain hidden. The summary at the bottom also seems to think there are more entries (6) than there really are (5).

This is a really annoying bug because I haven't been able to find a work around for it. It happens both in the gateway and in-game, and the missing entries will not be displayed unless ALL my active tasks are finished. And if I'm trying to run short tasks in conjunction with other tasks that take hours to complete, that really screws things up.
  • Options
    lyaleilyalei Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm that bug. It's really annoying. Please fix it.
  • Options
    sorovethsoroveth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same for me. It happens sporadically though.
  • Options
    ybtjuknuolpoybtjuknuolpo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This also happened to me aswell mine happened when i was adding a task and got ported to a skirmish i qued for.
  • Options
    sitedynositedyno Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This effects me a lot as well. Please fix.
  • Options
    gorelash88gorelash88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A temporary fix is to cancel any ongoing task. Alternatively, wait for any task to finish and it will fix itself.

This works for me, at least.
  • Options
    tabianitabiani Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Getting the same bug here. Once it shows, it applies to the character in Gateway or Game. This can occur with open task slots or when they are all full. Switching characters, logging, zoning do not fix it. I haven't canceled a task but completing one will correct the bug.
  • Options
    artoahartoah Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    confirm bug
  • Options
    selethorselethor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Canceling a task will also fix this, but this is far from ideal solution.
  • Options
    canteen911canteen911 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Character specific. I've tried cancelling a task in progress and it doesn't fix it for me. I've zoned, logged and nothing will fix it. It is random though.
  • Options
    jikellejikelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have exactly the same issue. When it occurs I can only see rare tasks in each profession until one of the current tasks completes, and then it seems to reset the interface and suddenly all of the tasks are available again.
  • Options
    ayarwenayarwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Confirming I'm not alone. Very frustrating especially when even logging into the game won't fix it.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would be nice is someone gave the dbase server a good kick, as this is getting worse, all too often no tasks show & it never times out!
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How long does it take for someone in QA to get onto this bug?

80+ days? or is it that the only person that knows the code has 'moved on' & management 'hope' the problem/users will go away?
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here we are 2 months later and the problem STILL exists- This **** game :/
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    relmor1relmor1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just hit this today. It is annoying.

I would note that one of the prior posters noted that the bug triggered when they were pulled into an instance with the profession screen up, presumably while some tasks were unset. I hit this when I had three of four tasks ongoing and then zoned from skyhold to protectors enclave. When I tried to set the fourth task, it only displayed the rare options and nothing (save cancelling all three other tasks as recommended here) cleared it.

I'd like to ask for feedback from others. Does this seem to consistently occur for tasks you have unset when you zone? If so a workaround would be to set all tasks before crossing zone boundaries.
  • Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bug exist still, support dont care.
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone actually filed a support ticket on this issue and heard back from Cryptic?

Update: I've gone ahead and filed a ticket.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!