test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this game all about Control Wiz and Devoted Clerics?

archaeusfaustyarchaeusfausty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am playing a guardian fighter as I love tanking in most games. So far I have enjoyed the pvp tanking and early instance tanking.

Now I am doing tier 2 dungeons I find there is zero need for me. Most groups dont want one but it is ok as you can queue up. When you are in a group Mages just keep pulling ahead and knocking things off ledges and auto pulling without much risk.

Groups now consist of Wiz Wiz Cleric Cleric and one other class.

Balance is way off and really needs to be looked at.
Post edited by archaeusfausty on

Comments

• darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Rogue is there too
  • sweetjersweetjer Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    As long as block and threat are broken, you will be irrelevant and unwelcome in most endgame parties. Here comes the obligatory "block isn't broken bro l2p" :rolleyes: My main class is TR, and I find myself being kicked pretty often from T2 PuG's because there is an oversaturation of TR currently and everyone wants a DC even were that not the case. Cue the movement of this thread to Barracks sub-forum now that broken block and threat were mentioned and since you said you were a GF player. See ya there.

tl;dr: yes this game is all about clerics and control wizards.
  • archaeusfaustyarchaeusfausty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah rogue is there but only one of them.. No GF and no GWF
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    until the balance patch comes out, yeah gf/gwf wont be in high demand unless you meet nice people.

• darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Ive kill everything but last boss of CN with 2 roeus and 1 CW 2 cleric so, im sure you could do 1 roue 1 gwf.
    edited May 2013
    darknssss wrote: »
    Ive kill everything but last boss of CN with 2 roeus and 1 CW 2 cleric so, im sure you could do 1 roue 1 gwf.

ive been able to beat everything except CN with 1 of each class. and all the other combinations. its just people want a perfect run instead of a fun one.

• spiritusvinispiritusvini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    From what I have seen, - yes. Clerics have a buff that makes everything a tank, so there is no real use for a "true" tank.
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    darknssss wrote: »

TR damage is too much higher than GWF for elitest groups
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    From what I have seen, - yes. Clerics have a buff that makes everything a tank, so there is no real use for a "true" tank.

It's not really clerics fault. Healers are always in demand in every mmo game. Trying to pretend otherwise is just being silly.

Clerics would be more than happy to let GF tank everything, if they only could. Most clerics do not enjoy running in circles because everything is chasing after them.

Since threat is broken it makes GF broken. If players are going to have to kite everything around in circles anyhow, why bring a lower damage class to kill things?

GWF simply need to be more competitive with TR. You have two melee classes and one does way more damage than the other. It doesn't take a genius to see the problem there.
    edited May 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    It's not really clerics fault. Healers are always in demand in every mmo game. Trying to pretend otherwise is just being silly.

Clerics would be more than happy to let GF tank everything, if they only could. Most clerics do not enjoy running in circles because everything is chasing after them.

Since threat is broken it makes GF broken. If players are going to have to kite everything around in circles anyhow, why bring a lower damage class to kill things?

GWF simply need to be more competitive with TR. You have two melee classes and one does way more damage than the other. It doesn't take a genius to see the problem there.

There are many GWF's that can outdamage even the best TR's. the build to do that is just not well known. its not easy to accomplish that but they exist.

• kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All you need to do all of the t2s is one competent CW, one DC and one rogue.

The rest doesn't matter, personally I like taking a GWF since he will buff the rogues damage massively with 100% uptime.

GF's are in a pretty bad spot, I still have no problems with grouping with them for anything though.

The reality of the grouping "meta" is that people are terrible at the game and need crutches like 2 devoted clerics to get through the content. Moving out of red circles is hard ya know.
  • snake0ilsnake0il Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now the ideal group is 2x DC's, 2x TR's, and one CW (and that CW better know how to keep that Arcane Singularity spam going).

Having said that, I wouldn't get too down on your GF. They've already said that they'll be fixing the agro issues and as with every mmo, every class will inevitably go through their boom and bust cycles. Until then, group with friends or find a good guild that doesn't care what class you play.