test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This Ultimate Game Card deal would be awesome if.....

mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anywhere near me sold freakin game cards of any kind. The nearest Walmart is 100 miles away and I have no car atm.
Until Boku is fixed, this game can't have any of my money.

I feel like if I smack my screen with my wallet enough times, the payment should go through.
Post edited by mistriosu on

Comments

• Options
    dugansonduganson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I think they're at Krogers too. Maybe king soopers where you are....
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    Anywhere near me sold freakin game cards of any kind. The nearest Walmart is 100 miles away and I have no car atm.

I feel like if I smack my screen with my wallet enough times, the payment should go through.

or you know. you could use: http://www.ultimategamecard.com/buyonline.html

• Options
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »

Don't have a credit card (or I'd use it) and having troubles with paypal transferring my money (or I'd use it instead)
    Stores near me: Albertsons and Shopko. Neither of which have any game cards. But they have ****ing chili's gift cards (nearest chilis is 100 miles away as well)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well then yeah. you are out of luck sadly. that is really bad luck...

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I know :\ I usually use Boku for things like this (because I have an auto-pay function on my phone that overpays by about $50 a month) but Boku isn't working on my network right now
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ore you could save your money until they show they properly care about game design?...
    (u know game balance/bugs/network issues/ communication between community-devs/ skills working like intented,described, u know them small things that make u wanna invest in a GG?)
    Just saying, save ure money until they are worth it?...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Ore you could save your money until they show they properly care about game design?...
    (u know game balance/bugs/network issues/ communication between community-devs/ skills working like intented,described, u know them small things that make u wanna invest in a GG?)

people actually are having fun and don't care about all those issues until it becomes a problem for them. like a lot of things, not everything applies to everyone. they could never be worth it in your thoughts but that doesn't mean people aren't having fun and want to buy zen.

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013

<snarky response, take with bucket of salt> by that time, you could buy a house
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

1. I feel like a thought isn't worth it's weight in manure unless it's worded and spelled properly. You have failed in this.
    2. I love this game and recognize that it's a work in progress, and I would LOVE to contribute to that progress.
    3. I haven't been affected by a single bug or error since making my two accounts and having gotten 3 characters to around 30.
    4. I agree it needs balance, but again; work in progress
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

sorry didn't see you were cash only.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can order the cards online and have them sent to you, walmart, newegg, gamestop and ToysRus sells them that way.

Like I said I don't have a credit card, and I JUST got my paypal working (woooooo). If I had either of these options I would use them instead of buying a card, waiting for it, and then using that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Like I said I don't have a credit card, and I JUST got my paypal working (woooooo). If I had either of these options I would use them instead of buying a card, waiting for it, and then using that.

Yeah so that and edited apologies.... Do you have a 7 11 near by ? They sell prepaid debit cards
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If only! I have a "Noons" (a Sinclair) and some other thing with a red sign.
    Both of which I have checked. The downfall of living in a town with a population of under 5,000 :\
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If only! I have a "Noons" (a Sinclair) and some other thing with a red sign.
    Both of which I have checked. The downfall of living in a town with a population of under 5,000 :\

I feel your pain, I went from living in a major city in Southern California to the buttend of New England , with a pop in my town just over 1500, the only reason we have broadband and cable is the provider had to come through our town to get to the first actual city 275 miles away. Thankfully it isn't the typical closed minded town...quite a few PnP gamers actually.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I feel your pain, I went from living in a major city in Southern California to the buttend of New England , with a pop in my town just over 1500, the only reason we have broadband and cable is the provider had to come through our town to get to the first actual city 275 miles away. Thankfully it isn't the typical closed minded town...quite a few PnP gamers actually.

What I wouldn't do for a PnP group. Haven't played in months :\
  • Options
    thetruezesbanthetruezesban Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't have a credit card (or I'd use it) and having troubles with paypal transferring my money (or I'd use it instead)
    Stores near me: Albertsons and Shopko. Neither of which have any game cards. But they have ****ing chili's gift cards (nearest chilis is 100 miles away as well)

Buy a Pre-Paid Visa card from Albertson's and then use that to buy the Card online?

- Zesban
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Buy a Pre-Paid Visa card from Albertson's and then use that to buy the Card online?

- Zesban

For some reason Albertson's has a "cash only" policy for prepaid cards, and all my money is currently tied up in my debit account.
    I have a Canadian account and am living in the US (got deported), so most of the ATMs don't work. But as I said earlier, I got my PayPal working, money transfer in progress. Now it's a matter of waiting.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. I feel like a thought isn't worth it's weight in manure unless it's worded and spelled properly. You have failed in this.
    Thx for that dude i needed a laugh, and i always enjoy ignorance in the evening on forums :), thx

Also on ure other points, they fixed major issue's inflicting damage to there end of the money sink. All real game design balance issues have been left unatented. (yeah my main language isent english, in case u havent noticed)
    So far GWF/GF havent been fixed, on the countrary they have been severely damaged by the recent patches. Skills remain unfixed (some dont work, dont work like described, ore just do nothing at all) and at the same time they ask 6 dollars for a respec, when there codding is off ( i find that insulting to the community u ask to beta test ure game, but that's just me)

Obviuesly there are plenty of examples to show how this team handles game development, and dont get me wrong i like the game, it has great potential. Sadly with the way they are handling there community i dont see this game having the lift-off i imagined it would have. And i think this is one of the reasons a lot of people are upset about it, they see a marvel of a game, with enormous potential, and then they see the last 10 patch nodes, play the game, and realise "huh".
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    thetruezesbanthetruezesban Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some reason Albertson's has a "cash only" policy for prepaid cards, and all my money is currently tied up in my debit account.
    I have a Canadian account and am living in the US (got deported), so most of the ATMs don't work. But as I said earlier, I got my PayPal working, money transfer in progress. Now it's a matter of waiting.

Interesting. Does Shopko have them, or perhaps another store? They're pretty commonly sold these days. Just for future emergencies like this.

Also you could use the Service counter to buy a Cashier's Check from your Debit account, exchange that for cash, and then use that cash to buy the card. But then the Feds might show up to arrest you for money laundering! LOL!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Interesting. Does Shopko have them, or perhaps another store? They're pretty commonly sold these days. Just for future emergencies like this.

Also you could use the Service counter to buy a Cashier's Check from your Debit account, exchange that for cash, and then use that cash to buy the card. But then the Feds might show up to arrest you for money laundering! LOL!

Shopko does not. As of a few minutes ago I have the money transfer from my bank to Paypal pending. So with luck I'll be all set in a few days!
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You could live in the armpit of Alabama....like I do >.< Then again, at least we have a Wal-Mart and a Game Stop here.....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thx for that dude i needed a laugh, and i always enjoy ignorance in the evening on forums :), thx

Also on ure other points, they fixed major issue's inflicting damage to there end of the money sink. All real game design balance issues have been left unatented. (yeah my main language isent english, in case u havent noticed)
    So far GWF/GF havent been fixed, on the countrary they have been severely damaged by the recent patches. Skills remain unfixed (some dont work, dont work like described, ore just do nothing at all) and at the same time they ask 6 dollars for a respec, when there codding is off ( i find that insulting to the community u ask to beta test ure game, but that's just me)

Obviuesly there are plenty of examples to show how this team handles game development, and dont get me wrong i like the game, it has great potential. Sadly with the way they are handling there community i dont see this game having the lift-off i imagined it would have. And i think this is one of the reasons a lot of people are upset about it, they see a marvel of a game, with enormous potential, and then they see the last 10 patch nodes, play the game, and realise "huh".

There is no reason to Deter other people away from the game. if you don't like it, come back another time. im sure even the OP will come to their own natural realization about the game and all the things wrong with it once they reach 60. they are having fun and there is no reason to ruin that. the game has many many problems and whether they get fixed in time or not doesn't mean new players want their experience ruined by people saying how bad the game is.

• Options
    oif7greenmedicoif7greenmedic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://www.acecashexpress.com/ i use it for *all my online transactions because I can create/delete virtual cards at will so I never have to worry. Plus with 500 direct deposit a month there are 0 fees. I have no affiliation with them but I gotta say i love their cards. Metabank is online only and as long as you keep it under 2499 nothing is reportable. Just saying =p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What I wouldn't do for a PnP group. Haven't played in months :\

It really does make living in the great white north much more tolerable, and there is something ironic about playing Call of Cthulhu rpg or mansions of madness in a town that you could easily film a Lovecraft movie in
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This seems like a highly US (if not US only) favored deal....
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86