test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some thoughts from a non founder

s1erra117xs1erra117x Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I’ll start off by saying Neverwinter is a good game and 3 years ago I would have had no problem shelling out the 60 maybe even the 200 denaros for one of the foundry packs. As I age however I am becoming more frugal with my money especially when it comes to investing in video games. I want to know I’m paying 60 dollars and for that 60 I’m receiving a quality product that is fun, lasting, and immersive.

To me it seems every time I come close to getting a founders pack there’s something happens that discourages me from pulling the trigger. Here are a few-

- My first experience with PvP was one of those. For however imaginative the foundry and quest line is PvP is the exact opposite. One game mode on two different maps. Bottom line is that’s just not good enough

- End game content/Gear- Right now as a 60 I’m pretty much playing for better gear but the problem is that there isn’t enough variety. The best gear I can get as a GWF comes from the Glory shop and not even drops. With that being said how many other GWF have the exact same gear as me? Way to many, I want to be unique. If they would take a page from Blizzards Diablo Team and have a seemingly endless variety of weapon/gear drops I would be much more satisfied.

- Balance- Just go to the Gameplay, Combat and PvP part of the forum if you need further explanation

Those are just a few. Don’t get me wrong I’m liking NW and it has been a great free to play experience but to me it’s just that. I DO want to pay for this game so bad but they keep on giving me reasons not to. I think NW has a lot of potential and can be a lot better then what it is. Once PW shows me they have the right people to make the right fixes then I’ll shell out the money and fiscally support the game. Until then…

Anyone else who hasn’t paid yet feel the same as me?

Comments

• Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s1erra117x wrote: »
    I

100% agree
  • Options
    s1erra117xs1erra117x Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    100% agree
    haha not sure what happened their
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, TBH, I'm more of an altaholic, so seeing how the different classes progress and mature as they level is a big draw for me. Having said that, the founders packs only really interesting components are the mount and extra character slots. I've heard people say that the companions aren't that good, so while they appear to be available to all your characters, their usefulness is not that great.

I can also say that, having gotten my GF to 60, TR to 53, and DC to 46, the shininess is starting to wear off. I'm having a tough time soloing w/ my DC, (I kinda expected this), but the 2G companions are at least a little helpful here.

TBH, I've found playing w/ the professions to be more entertaining that I had previously thought. It is a bit disappointing, however, that there is so little variety in the armor and weapons.

Regardless, I am still finding the game enjoyable, so there's at least that...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I will give you one more reason.. you cant buy them no more lol. I'm just curious why it took you 3 years too get cheap?
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Friday night dilema. Log in,pray,spam protect the caravan, que up for a level 60 dungeon, wait 40 min to get into said dungeon then immediately somebody disconnects. Play said dungeon and wipe at the last boss. Try not to get mad at the 100,000 adds after me because i am a cleric. sit in enclave and heal. Forget it, going to get a 12 pack and going to the pool.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I did when deciding to purchase the founder's pack is price every separate item included by what I would be willing to pay for it on it's own. The total came out to around $300 for me. But I love shiney things and cosmetis items. Plus the fireworks are pretty cool.