test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can not buy Founders pack?

paneth48paneth48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Last week I bought 10 bucks worth of Zen to open up some character slots, this week when I go to buy the founders pack with the same card I get an 'error'. I tried both their payment option, and both say the same thing, cept Paypal who just says I can not use my card for some reason.

Fast forward I call my bank and ask them whats up, they say no ones tried to even charge the card since last week, and that the card is clear and open for use. I just used the card for two other MMO's I have been playing and some online bills. Left a ticket (thats now a few days old) and searched the Tech forums, No one there even responds it seems, its like a ghost town in there. I did a search to see if there was any work around, tried different browsers, different computers, different lines, last resort is to borrow a pals card and try that, but I'm not going to do that.

This is rather screwed up, I havent had this many problems ever trying to get a company to take my money =)

Anyone eles have this? or suggestions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• paneth48paneth48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    anyone? :P
  • saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    You will be thankful of this error in a week when you realize that this game is a waste of money and time.
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Don't spend money on this game. you can literally do everything playing for free. It's not worth $10 let alone $60
  • paneth48paneth48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I get that alot, mostly on just about every mmo I have ever been on, and while i thank you for that info it still dosent address the problem of why Cryptic hates money =)
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    It's possible your bank put some sort of block.
  • spiritusvinispiritusvini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Just worked for me, bought Guardian.
    edited May 2013
    I think the Founder's promo has ended.

cept it hasent. the offers are still up along with the banners. Also say the same thing about buying Zen.
  • lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    why would you try so hard to throw money at a company that wont take it? plus thank your blessings you were not able too spend money on a game that's rife with hacks, cheats and no customer service
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Founders was suppose to end on the 30th , you might of missed it .

Other wise give the site plenty of time to load . Lots of foolios accessing their site and not buying anything . Just trying to ruin other peoples day . The 60 buck pack is way worth it .
    edited May 2013
    Just worked for me, bought Guardian.

did you use Skrill or Paypal?
  • spiritusvinispiritusvini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    paneth48 wrote: »
    did you use Skrill or Paypal?

I used Paypal.
    edited May 2013
    It's possible your bank put some sort of block.

already called them. there is no such block. site hasent even attempted a charge.
    edited May 2013
    Okay I am lost, I bought the back, it says I bought the back on the screen where you can select your back, but yet I have no items in game or my forum title. My account has been charged 60 USD's too, can anyone explain this??
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay I am lost, I bought the back, it says I bought the back on the screen where you can select your back, but yet I have no items in game or my forum title. My account has been charged 60 USD's too, can anyone explain this??

You on the correct account ? Go to user CP and see if its this account that you bought it on . Then it should show up in game ,it might need you to log out and back in to update , or some people had to get a new toon to 5 for it to show up . I personally think the new toon to five , was just the loading out thing working .
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not worry to much..Probably just the card company you use has had to many charge backs from PWE already.Most likely just blacklisted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
    edited May 2013

You used paypal right? the screen I saw when i did that said 'This transaction is awaiting aproval' so probably just have to wait?
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    You on the correct account ? Go to user CP and see if its this account that you bought it on . Then it should show up in game ,it might need you to log out and back in to update , or some people had to get a new toon to 5 for it to show up . I personally think the new toon to five , was just the loading out thing working .

Thanks! It's on my account for sure, but the forum title is missing, I will try leveling to 5 on a test toon.
    edited May 2013
    I would not worry to much..Probably just the card company you use has had to many charge backs from PWE already.Most likely just blacklisted.

never thought of that, probably right. Guess i should be calling Visa rather than the bank then.
    edited May 2013
    paneth48 wrote: »
    You used paypal right? the screen I saw when i did that said 'This transaction is awaiting aproval' so probably just have to wait?

I got a screen saying "Congratulation, your transition is complete!|
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! It's on my account for sure, but the forum title is missing, I will try leveling to 5 on a test toon.

Go to user CP, then into I think it is permission groups to set title for forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
    edited May 2013
    Go to user CP, then into I think it is permission groups to set title for forums.

Yep, nothing about that in my User CP, this should be easier... I bought it, so I shouldn't really have to jump through hoops to use it.
    edited May 2013
    Yep, nothing about that in my User CP, this should be easier... I bought it, so I shouldn't really have to jump through hoops to use it.

Oh..Well as a new founder, let me warn you...You are going to hate a lot more about that purchase before its done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Oh..Well as a new founder, let me warn you...You are going to hate a lot more about that purchase before its done.

I didn't really buy it as a means to get items, I got it because I want to support the game, I have acctualy been having a lot of fun with the game.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013

Its use is optional, and enabling it by default would violate the privacy of people who don't wish to advertise their purchase due to griefing from asshats like the ones who've been posting in this thread making fun of you for your purchase. It's better to just leave everybody set to the default, and let them choose which titles to advertise.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Its use is optional, and enabling it by default would violate the privacy of people who don't wish to advertise their purchase due to griefing from asshats like the ones who've been posting in this thread making fun of you for your purchase. It's better to just leave everybody set to the default, and let them choose which titles to advertise.

Very true, and I'm not sure if it would help these forums or not, but sometimes I think instituting LOTRO's.DDO's ban now ask questions later on their forums might stop some of this vitriol, of-course I think that is so effective because many times a forum ban means and in game ban as well.

Honestly there isn't that many that are causing the constant forum disruption just the same four or five assnozzles
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To see the option to enable your Founder title on the forums, you have to log out and back in. Simple as that.

By the way devs, you should make it where I can have my Hero of the North and Guardian titles both activated at the same time. :cool:

Also what is this Silverstar title I keep seeing?
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion