test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is the purpose of TREASURE items ?

forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
ohh. I give up and ask... and I'm ready for excesive flame because it must have been asked million times before !

what is the purpose of TREASURE items such as:
lucky bone
chipped tooth
purse
journal
tribal feather
etc...

why there is no single word about them on wiki, gamefaqs, entire internet at all!!!

should I sell them ? or keep them sor something..

I'm lvl 21 and they are ruining my inventory.
Post edited by forumcan on

Comments

• pappacubepappacube Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll bite, they are just vendor trash. Sell them if you want - discard them if you want.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out
    how far one can go. --T.S. Eliot
  • forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pappacube wrote: »
    I'll bite, they are just vendor trash. Sell them if you want - discard them if you want.

so... I was keeping junk all this time !!!

Thank you !!! Now I can burn them !!!
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Ya, junk. Though I'm curious why the AH has a section for them. Maybe some people collect game junk.
  • magusdddmagusddd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I read a post somewhere in the beta forums that said you can trade this for AD to Rhix similar to the idols from lockboxes. However; I have tried this and it doesn't work. I'm assuming there will at some point be a reason for them. Maybe they are crafting items that are bugged and going to the wrong bag.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing vendor trash, or for RP purposes.
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In game design terms it is called "inventory pressure". It is a way of keeping you changing what you are doing by going to the vendor and selling it or wanting to buy more bags, etc. Most games have this feature.

What NWO vendors need is a "sell junk" button like GW2 has.
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    Ya, junk. Though I'm curious why the AH has a section for them. Maybe some people collect game junk.

Good question, but the people postingthem are clearly doing it to rip off players. Like the tools who list the Bag of Holes because it for some idiotic reason lists under "bags". Despite having one slot that doesn't work. People are trying to sell them for 400+ AD. Bottomfeeding scum.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There seem to be two different types of items being discussed here. Some of them (tribal feathers and lucky bones) seem to be either features that have not been added, or have been removed. They include an option to "use" the item. I know that I am hoarding the things as I believe that they will have a use at a later date. There are others that say right in the description that they have no use. Just random trash.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • delavega86delavega86 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they just named them as "treasure" instead of the usual "junk" other games name them
    so you'll keep them in your inventory cause you think they're useful for something
    then go like... oh **** now i'm full, better buy some bag/bank space.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suppose it is a way to convert astral diamonds to gold on the Auction House. Gold has a few minor uses and some people need lots of potions.
  • voodoofrostvoodoofrost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really wish a Mod or Dev would chime in here and let us know if Lucky Bone is trash, or something yet-to-be implemented.
    ign: Samedi
    TR, Beholder Server
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mokah wrote: »
    What NWO vendors need is a "sell junk" button like GW2 has.

Yeah, no. In GW2, junk makes up like 50% of drops. In NWO, it's more like 1-5%. Completely unnecessary to have a special button for selling these. Jesus christ, some people.
  • davide80davide80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i usually sold all treasure items to vendors, but chatting in game i discovered that "bag of holes" is really a bag, as greater bag, but only with 1 slot free.
    There are also some keys that says it open crypt (cannot remember the name) that if you discard it u get an emoticon and somewhere in the world appear a gold chest randomly.
    In both of cases i never tried it, i will.
    Maybe there is an use for every treasure item.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    davide80 wrote: »
    i usually sold all treasure items to vendors, but chatting in game i discovered that "bag of holes" is really a bag, as greater bag, but only with 1 slot free.
    There are also some keys that says it open crypt (cannot remember the name) that if you discard it u get an emoticon and somewhere in the world appear a gold chest randomly.
    In both of cases i never tried it, i will.
    Maybe there is an use for every treasure item.

the bag of holes DOES NOT WORK , it takes a bag slot but it will not hold anything . hence the name bag of holes . Whatever you drop in it goes in your top bag .
    Some of the junk stuff does emotes . Like the d20 , it will say ' you rolled a 20 ' and then it disappears .
    I do not believe they generate ' gold chest ' .
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The default value of them is actually high for unknown reason.

If I had to guess treasure items are going to gain a function at some point in the future.
    But for now they are indeed Vendor Trash.

Keep in mind I have no more information on future content than you all...but it doesn't seem likely they would implement a "Treasure" Tab in the AH if the items were just going to remain junk forever. ;)
  • kabutemankabuteman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kinda off-topic, but can anyone tell me what level and from whom can I find the extra bag quest? my inventory always annoyingly full
    edited May 2013
    kabuteman wrote: »
    kinda off-topic, but can anyone tell me what level and from whom can I find the extra bag quest? my inventory always annoyingly full

Blacklake .. Zoey

Graveyard ... some harper , you have to rescue her first . From the ' I'm a genius ' guy . This is a long quest line starting at 28
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Yeah, no. In GW2, junk makes up like 50% of drops. In NWO, it's more like 1-5%. Completely unnecessary to have a special button for selling these. Jesus christ, some people.

Because having a button to sell 2-7 items as opposed to double clicking 2-7 times is a bad thing? I don't get why you WOULDN'T want it as long as it was a "On the list of things we'd eventually like to implement once all the major things are taken care of". It doesn't hurt you in any way. Don't want it? Don't use it.

I'd actually say make a customizeable "Sell Junk" button that lets you set criteria. Set color threshold (sell all white and lower). Set whether it should sell unidentified items without warning. Set whether to sell non class related items.

Think outside the box a bit. The idea of making suggestions is to make the game better. Adding extra OPTIONS that only adds to a users enjoyment, or takes away things that subtract user enjoyment leads to a better game in the long run.

And the first person to make a "kids now a days want everything handed to them", or "only lazy players want buttons to do stuff for them", or "well why not just a button that logs you in, kills all the monsters in the game, gives you the best loot, gives you a message that you won the game..." type responses really needs to think things through a bit first.
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    Because having a button to sell 2-7 items as opposed to double clicking 2-7 times is a bad thing? I don't get why you WOULDN'T want it as long as it was a "On the list of things we'd eventually like to implement once all the major things are taken care of". It doesn't hurt you in any way. Don't want it? Don't use it.

Unfortunately inventory management is a convenience , and this game charges real money for convenience . you might want such a button but it will not happen .
  • kabutemankabuteman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ty bro :) im exactly level 28 now and will def do this quest
  • tarpsbootytarpsbooty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I suppose it is a way to convert astral diamonds to gold on the Auction House. Gold has a few minor uses and some people need lots of potions.

this is the most logical reason, except for the mysterious items with the "use/equip" text.

a stack of top level treasure would be worth quite a bit and could be sold on the auction house for an appropriate price.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As the "treasure" is not worth much in most cases, I still think its just another way to make bag space more valuable and encourge bag purchases. When you get into the late game and have gobs of runes and enchants, bag space is at a premium unless you sell every time you pass a vendor.
  • dennymala06dennymala06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what I can tell, and sorry to resurrect an old topic, treasures don't have the "equip" command in the inventory tab while the Lucky Bone has it and equipping means being placed in the first bag of things (if you have a free slot).

A strange game mechanic for a treausre without use..... I really whish someone with more insight would let us know....
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what I can tell, and sorry to resurrect an old topic, treasures don't have the "equip" command in the inventory tab while the Lucky Bone has it and equipping means being placed in the first bag of things (if you have a free slot).

A strange game mechanic for a treausre without use..... I really whish someone with more insight would let us know....

Next time, just create a new topic since this one will be closed as soon as a mod sees it.
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its just stuff to sell for coins for potions and stuff,though you have to collect a lot as it sells for copper and maybe a silver piece or two.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Its an anti farming measure. Its made to take up room and fill up the bags of farming bots. You either need to stop farming when your bags fill up and return to a vendor. Or you have to manually select what you want to loot, an act thats tricky for bots to do.

You pretty much will only see this stuff in the lower level areas. By the time you reach the level 30 areas this junk will mostly go away. Sadly, most of the real damaging botting is not being done in low level areas, but in level 50+ areas. So, in a way, the idea has kinda failed.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its an anti farming measure. Its made to take up room and fill up the bags of farming bots. You either need to stop farming when your bags fill up and return to a vendor. Or you have to manually select what you want to loot, an act thats tricky for bots to do.

You pretty much will only see this stuff in the lower level areas. By the time you reach the level 30 areas this junk will mostly go away. Sadly, most of the real damaging botting is not being done in low level areas, but in level 50+ areas. So, in a way, the idea has kinda failed.

The level thing doesn't seem right to me. The only enemies I've ever found with this treasure junk is orcs. I've not seen it drop from anything other enemy type, no matter the level. And high level orcs can drop the stuff too.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Whoo....holy necro'd thread. Please check the last post date on a thread and if it's over 30 days, create a new thread or find a more active topic.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.