test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do Enchants stack?

ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hey community,

just a single simple question:
Do enchantments like greater plague fire enchantment stack?
As you know greater plague fire applies 45 % reduced defense.
Would it be 90 % reduced defense with 2 guys using the enchant?
And as we know defense reduction can go into negatives. Can they even go in the negative over 100 %?
Like 3 greater plague fire enchants = 135 % reduced defense?

Thanks mates!
Post edited by ironwill92 on

Comments

• dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The same level does not stack but the different levels do.

Example:

Player 1: GPF
    Player 2: Normal PF
    Player 3: LPF

All 3 will apply their dot to the target and all 3 stack = uber dmg.
  • ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Thanks you very much :)
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unless they've changed it since I last ran a dungeon, GPF do stack twice. You don't need differing levels.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited May 2013
    supjeremiah - Thanks for the correction Envy.

Is there an actually damage increase with the 2nd DOT applied or it is just showing the 2nd DOT?
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    supjeremiah - Thanks for the correction Envy.

Is there an actually damage increase with the 2nd DOT applied or it is just showing the 2nd DOT?

It'll show 6 stacks against the mob.

Youtube Channel

edited May 2013
    Does the damage increase each appliance of the same dot?
    edited May 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Does the damage increase each appliance of the same dot?

The dot is irrelevant. The defense shred stacks additively, though. Two GPF would be 90% defense reduction.

Youtube Channel

edited May 2013
    Envy,

I'm asking if you've personally seen the damage increase using (2) of the same enchant? I've only personally seen the damage increase with different levels of the enchants. But I could always test with 2 of the same.

If you've personally seen the damage increase when 2 players have the same enchant then I don't need to test. :P
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol 90% defense reduction.. That would be insanely easily noticeable, and yea me and several of my guildies have greater plague and they most certainly don't do that.

The -defense portion most definitely does not stack like that. It actually doesn't even stack on your own. It's -15% total. Only the dot stacks with itself 3x - and each player can use there own (yea i've seen it go to 6x with 2 players and 9x with 3).

If 2 different players using it brings it to .85*.85 (0.7225 or 27.75%) - I haven't tested, but my guess would be no.

Just casual observation certainly hasnt shown my damage going up versus say the dracolich when i made it happen - and that was easy to test since I was mostly stabbing him to help our rogue deal faster dps.. (And sadly our stab attack does not proc ANY weapon enchantments)
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)