test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What next city hub would you like to see?

enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
What next major city would you like to see added to Neverwinter Online?

Some possible options:
  • Airspur
  • Baldur's Gate
  • Luskan
  • Myth Drannor
  • Waterdeep

Waterdeep is an obvious choice. I wouldn't mind seeing Airspur when Genasi get added.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by enderlin50 on

Comments

• quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean a hub as in Protector's Enclave?

I don't particularly want to see another hub. Any future content can just be put on the travel map. A new hub would just be inconvenient unless they included everything Protector's Enclave has, and even then, it would be a waste of dev time compared to new actual content.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    You mean a hub as in Protector's Enclave?

I don't particularly want to see another hub. Any future content can just be put on the travel map. A new hub would just be inconvenient unless they included everything Protector's Enclave has, and even then, it would be a waste of dev time compared to new actual content.

Yes, another major city like Protector's Enclave. Someone that would offer everything the city of Neverwinter has(Auction, Inn, Altars, Daily NPC, Vendors).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hmm... Don't know how they should fit the story, but for me it would be Luskan all the way. After that, Waterdeep and Baldur's Gate, I guess.

EDIT: Wait, genasi will be added?
    edited May 2013
    vheraun wrote: »
    Hmm... Don't know how they should fit the story, but for me it would be Luskan all the way. After that, Waterdeep and Baldur's Gate, I guess.

EDIT: Wait, genasi will be added?

Its a Forgotten Realms race, I would imagine they will be added in eventually. Also I've read over a dozen 1480ish DR books and Genasi are becoming a lot more popular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I can think of a decent justification for doing a new hub:

Sell access to it on the Zen store. It would be purely cosmetic/roleplaying, so it wouldn't be needed to play the game, it wouldn't be actual game content, and it wouldn't be paying-for-power of any sort.

That way the dev time pays for itself (and hopefully more), and people who care about that sort of thing can get it.
    edited May 2013

Sell access to it on the Zen store. It would be purely cosmetic/roleplaying, so it wouldn't be needed to play the game, it wouldn't be actual game content, and it wouldn't be paying-for-power of any sort.

That way the dev time pays for itself (and hopefully more), and people who care about that sort of thing can get it.

Don't think of it on a DDO scale think of it on a normal MMO. When your usually in a regular MMO you don't just have one city. Majority of games have severals major hubs/cities to go to. In an expanion of this game they could add Waterdeep. You could venture into the Downshadow and visit questing areas in different districts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

I hope this doesn't happen. I have never paid for MMO content, and I don't think I'll start now... And it will need quite a lot of grinding to buy this 10.000 Zen ticket to Luskan.

I can see this happening though. Ah, well. Grinding it is.
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Don't think of it on a DDO scale think of it on a normal MMO. When your usually in a regular MMO you don't just have one city. Majority of games have severals major hubs/cities to go to. In an expanion of this game they could add Waterdeep. You could venture into the Downshadow and visit questing areas in different districts.

You do realise though that this would essentially need another game-wide map to be designed... Too much work.
    edited May 2013

That's exactly what I don't want to see. It's just more pointless travel time. Just keep adding more zones to the travel map for new adventure zones. It's a good system.
    edited May 2013
    vheraun wrote: »
    You do realise though that this would essentially need another game-wide map to be designed... Too much work.

It's an MMORPG, they get paid to make it massive. I'm going to use an example because it feel the community might understand better. Lets say Stormwind was the only city in World of Warcraft for the Alliance. No Ironforge, no <insert 7' dark elf city>, no Dalaran... Just Stormwind. Its all about more flavor. More to explore. More to experience. Making a world thats huge. Welcome to Forgotten Realms.
    That's exactly what I don't want to see. It's just more pointless travel time. Just keep adding more zones to the travel map for new adventure zones. It's a good system.

Are you seriously complaining about seeing the world of Toril? Your saying I'm straight on one city I never leave, Protector's Enclave ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    It's an MMORPG, they get paid to make it massive. I'm going to use an example because it feel the community might understand better. Lets say Stormwind was the only city in World of Warcraft for the Alliance. No Ironforge, no <insert 7' dark elf city>, no Dalaran... Just Stormwind. Its all about more flavor. More to explore. More to experience. Making a world thats huge. Welcome to Forgotten Realms.

Are you seriously complaining about seeing the world of Toril? Your saying I'm straight on one city I never leave, Protector's Enclave ftw.

Believe me, if it were for me to decide, I'd go for all Toril and quite a few other Planes as well. Sadly, what I'm pointing out is that, at least for the time being, I don't think they will go through all that trouble just for another hub.

Still, it would be so awesome to see Luskan and Waterdeep...
    edited May 2013

You don't need multiple "hubs" to see the world. All locations could be adventure zones.

But, no, I don't particularly care about seeing the "world of Toril". Couldn't care less about Forgotten Realms lore. Honestly didn't even know what "Toril" referred to until I googled it just now.

New, better game content, reachable with as little pointless running around as possible, is what I care about.
    edited May 2013
    You don't need multiple "hubs" to see the world. All locations could be adventure zones.

But, no, I don't particularly care about seeing the "world of Toril". Couldn't care less about Forgotten Realms lore. Honestly didn't even know what "Toril" referred to until I googled it just now.

New, better game content, reachable with as little pointless running around as possible, is what I care about.

Yup, see, a lot of people (obviously including myself) want to see Forgotten Realms. Hell, it's Neverwinter. That's the first reason I'm here and not in some other MMO.
  • flibbitigibitflibbitigibit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have to put my priority towards Luskan, because it's nearby Neverwinter and there would be a lot of easily developed content. Next in line though I'd have to say Baldur's Gate. I've spent so many fun times there both in video games and table top and it just makes for a great hub for adventures.
  • flibbitigibitflibbitigibit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

To meet their target fan base it would behoove the creators to develop both new and exciting gameplay AND new area's to explore. Many D&D players are seriously into exploration and discovery. With out adventure there is no game.
  • prysianprysian Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather they just add cool locations for potential RP in zones like the inn near the highway. Forget its name.
    edited May 2013
    To meet their target fan base it would behoove the creators to develop both new and exciting gameplay AND new area's to explore. Many D&D players are seriously into exploration and discovery. With out adventure there is no game.

I'm advocating for more adventure zones. That's where the adventure happens.

The OP is about more hubs like Protector's Enclave. Places that only serve as places to run through to get to adventures. Or hang out for RP, I guess, but RP is definitely niche in MMOs.
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My guess would be that another hub will not open until they add a region, probably a year after launch. So the question woulkd then be "which region would you like to see added"?
  • moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I do like the idea of a new hub, I rather have new adventure zones or new zones in Neverwinter, the game is called Neverwinter, after all, so I am not sure if running around in Baldur's Gate is a feasible thing, as cool as the thought is.
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    First of all Baldurs Gate, CandleKeep & Waterdeep must be added (because that is what most players read & played old games) in waterdeep i would like 2see Skullport...or the labyrinth called undermountain.........................

Hlondeth its a city populated by the Yuan-ti its around the Vilhon Reach area on the map,
    And u still have Shadowdale , Mistledale which is the dragon reach area, Tantras........
    All those areas would make a good place for L60-L100 cap...I would like 2 raid Zhentil Keep...............................
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather see more adventure zones; Leilon, and the ruins of Soaring Spirit, maybe; Lurkwood and Llorkh.
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like them to bring in Stormreach from DDO... But i'm not sure if it's possible for them too but It would be awesome.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would have to say my favorites would have to be Mithril Hall, Silverymoon, Spandeliyon, Calimport, and Baldur's Gate. Pretty much in that order as well
  • thehuntress#2050 thehuntress Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    I would like them to bring in Stormreach from DDO... But i'm not sure if it's possible for them too but It would be awesome.

Different "world/game setting" within D&D.
  • tarcatostarcatos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please i need help, as I can reset my skill point and feat
  • cthutubecthutube Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ched Nasad.

Come on. Imagine how awesome that would be!
  • riikkachanriikkachan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Baldurs Gate!

i love this city :o