test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild all left

pookemeisterpookemeister Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello. So my guild pretty much all left the game, the hing is, they left the guild bank full of goodies. Its a shame to see this go to waste, is there a way, once alone in guild, to claim it?
Post edited by pookemeister on

Comments

• clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You didn't get permissions to the bank?
  • pookemeisterpookemeister Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nope, only a few people had it
  • annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my guild all left as well. However, I had permission with the guild bank.

This game isn't going anywhere.

It's a shame too. Neverwinter is a great setting. Cryptic usually does way better than this. I'm not a big graphics snob but when the graphics looks like it is from 2004 and their last game, Star Trek Online has WAY BETTER character models, then they aren't doing something right.

Oh..and their interface sucks.

First MMO I have ever played that doesn't have a zoom in and zoom out while ingame feature....plus you have to pause the game just to access your menus with your mouse
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nope, only a few people had it

You're out of luck then.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the game is like STO, you'll be able to claim leadership if the guild leaders don't log in for quite some time. I think they need to log in at least once a month or so. That is if you're still playing then. After claiming leadership, you can kick all of the long gone players and if you're alone, just use the guild bank as a personal bank.
  • lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    First MMO I have ever played that doesn't have a zoom in and zoom out while ingame feature

Valid point, although it is sorta possible (search for the "zoom zoom zoom" thread)
    plus you have to pause the game just to access your menus with your mouse

Um, yeah… that kinda follows from the reticle-based aiming system, no? Derp.

Some people…
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they left they will most likely come back. A lot of people are taking a break from NW till they work out bugs/add new content. I am sure they will come back in a few weeks. :)
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most games have a timeout so that inactive guild leader flag is passed on to highest ranking (or longest member or something) active after a month or 2. I do not know if such a device is in place here but I would be sure to not disband or destroy the guild until you are sure.
    You could also contact the leader or something if you had an email or web site or something???
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many players are waiting for some fo the bug fixes and loot mechanic to be fixed before they start playing again.

I speak from experience :)
  • lolpwelollolpwelol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they left they will most likely come back. A lot of people are taking a break from NW till they work out bugs/add new content. I am sure they will come back in a few weeks. :)

Nobody is coming back to this pile of dung. There are far better choices coming out very soon, including a real AAA going f2p in 2 weeks.
  • lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lolpwelol wrote: »
    Nobody is coming back to this pile of dung. There are far better choices coming out very soon, including a real AAA going f2p in 2 weeks.

Are you referring to Rift?

If so, I can only laugh and call you delusional. Rift is about as blatant as WoW-clones come. Combat is stale as hell, it's a freaking snore-fest. but hey, you're allowed to like it of course!
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    Rift isn't going F2P, it's going Freemium. The model is much like TOR, where instead of empowering you to spend alacarte on what matters to you, you're presented with roadblocks encouraging you to subscribe. They can call it F2P all they like, but it's Freemium.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As others have mentioned, patience is a virtue.

The inactive players should be bumped down the ladder in time, and you would be moved up into leadership if you are all that is left.

If, however, leadership logs in once a week and then back out, you are going to be stuck. Possibly for quite some time.
    If they have some intention of coming back, they may not be in a hurry to give you license to loot the guild vault.

Or they may be the type of person that, even if they have little or no intention of playing again, are not willing to lift a finger to help you out. They never cared about the guild as some sort of brotherhood or group of friends, they just wanted to tell other people what to do in order to facilitate their gameplay experience, all the while hoping that whatever scraps they would give to the other members would be enough to keep them around in order to do that.

So they log in, spout some garbage in zone chat, then log back out. They never lose rank, you never gain access, and they don't care about anything that you have to say or how you feel. But it's not personal... They are just miserable people that want to make other people miserable, too.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol @ People posting " I'm outta here" threads, I always seem to find them logged in like usual
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Lol @ People posting " I'm outta here" threads, I always seem to find them logged in like usual

Lol@ people who don't read the thread and make fools of themselves. OP was asking about bank access when everyone who can access it leaves.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The ONLY F2P game that's actually FREE is World of Warcraft! That's right 100% FREE 2 Play with no limits *to level 20!!!
This discussion has been closed.