test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want a castle!

kulsveinkulsvein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I love this game even tho it needs lots and lots of work. As a DM for some 40 years, one of the things my players loved was having their own castle/tower/priory/thieves guild etc. Withe NW being instanced, it is posible to have an instance of your own. I see a long difficult quest chain with much and multiple proffession involvement. PLEASE make this happen. You do not need to have the castles etc ready before you start us on this epic journey. It should take us at least a year of normal gameplay to achieve.

Be inspired
The stupid questions are the ones you do not ask;)
Post edited by kulsvein on

Comments

• Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm i was about make topic about bank/mail companion(lazy to go back to enclave or use scroll and then run back)
    Ofc these 2 will cost money.

I see how simple minded i was. Screw that idea above and hand over Castle Cryptic. XD

Edit: If i get castle, broken feats fix can wait.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Consider using the foundry to make this. Yes, it is a problematic solution, but half measures and band-aids are what this game is currently about.

With the foundry you can build a structure that is limited only by your creativity and patience as well as some liberal budgeting by the system. But you will run out of skill and attention long before you run out of placement options.

The downside is, of course, that you will never meet anyone there. Others can visit your castle via the foundry system but they get their own instance. You can take people in tour-wise and then they can be there with you but that’s limited to a group of 5 so no open shindigs allowed.

I think it is very unlikely that Cryptic will make a player housing or Guild housing system similar to those you may have seen in the past. It is only slightly more plausible that they might leverage the foundry system to provide some sort of open housing that could allow more people into an instance.

Either way, you are in for a long wait. The game isn’t even out of beta and the developers are only now coming to grips with the idea that making games requires planning and some degree of attention. Until diamonds and duplicated items quit flying out of people’s pockets, you may have to make your castle a DIY project in the foundry.
  • Options
    lorddragonhawklorddragonhawk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guilds should have castles, with achievement trophies and such. Also each guild member would have a room in the castle, while unguilded would have a room at an inn or something similar. That way there could be a pvp map where 2 guilds could lay siege to each others castle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Insult me all you like but remember I have a sword
  • Options
    silivrenasilivrena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still remeber the base system in City of Villains, the amount of choices you could design with was staggering and made it lots of fun. If they could do something like that here for housing it would be great...I had more fun designing my base than playing the game :p
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I miss CoH so much *sigh*