What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeons of Dread Part 1: Crypts of Carnage

chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Netho'relak Saga:

Part 1: Crypts of Carnage NW-DQQDOB9CO
@chili1179

Campaign Summary: It appears that someone has set up a dungeon challenge in the Sword Coast and is calling out to all adventurers to come accept explore it's depths, to claim the riches that it may hold or meet your fate within. But, (there is always a but) all may not be as it seems, inside the dungeons lie a brewing back story that could cause you to lose your soul and forever change the all of Faerun!

Quest Summary: Someone is seeking brave adventurers of the Sword Coast to come test their mettle in what appears to be a dungeon to test one's skill. Could someone be mad enough to bet the lives of those looking for adventure in the name of fun and glory? The only way to find out is to gather your equipment, your companions and go see for yourself.

Quest Type: Hack and Slash/Dungeon Crawl/Light Story/Minor Exploration
Time to Complete: 20 Minutes
Combat: Heavy
Starts At: Protector's Enclave - Guard Frinko
Tips: Quest Trail can be misleading at times, use the minimap/map to locate objectives.
Difficulty: (Created for Solo Play)
  • Group: Easy-Average
  • Solo: Average-Moderate (final boss hard)

This campaign is the prologue to a larger story which will introduce you to one of the story's major antagonist; Darius Red. It's starts off slow in chapter 1 with it focusing mostly on combat and then takes off in the follow up chapter to get you familiar with the larger back story which will continue in the next campaign:
The Circle of the Living Flame.

Part 3 is in the works!

When providing feedback, I ask that you please the as detailed as possible with locations of glitches, bugs, typos, misspellings, encounters that need adjusting (harder/easier) etc... The more detail you can provide the easier it will to be to fix and help make this campaign an the follow up campaign(s) much more enjoyable for the players.

NddPgHq.jpg

Full Image: http://i.imgur.com/NddPgHq.jpg
Campaign Image Album: http://imgur.com/a/pCpXG#0
Promotional Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBkMEeRu1U8
There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
Post edited by chili1179 on

Comments

• hardrokkahardrokka Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    This looks like fun. I'll go play it now.

If you find the time, check out my quests too. :)
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hardrokka wrote: »
    This looks like fun. I'll go play it now.

If you find the time, check out my quests too. :)

Thanks and will definitely check yours out. We have a group of people who do foundry missions for the daily and we always try to do the lesser played missions.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • hardrokkahardrokka Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Well reviews and insight would be great to get after you try the out. :)
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Daily Bump

No shame.
    edited May 2013
    Pimp bump because it's been spotlighted!
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congrats dudicles! Amazing enviornments.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Our small band ran through parts one and two last night and had a blast. The narrative shows you have experience as a GM and was very well done.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys!
  • lythanorlythanor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you add some better lewts? All that effort and just some crummy item =\
    edited May 2013
    lythanor wrote: »
    Can you add some better lewts? All that effort and just some crummy item =\

Authors have zero control over loot.
  • shad74shad74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more.
    edited May 2013
    shad74 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more.

Thank you!

Stay tuned for the conclusion of the Dungeons of Dread Campaign with Necropolis of Nightmare hopefully by the end of the weekend.
    edited May 2013
    Because it was featured (which I am very grateful for) I did another sweep of typo catching and corrected some.

Thank you to everyone who send me tells and mails and comments about these issues, you helped make this quest what it is.
  • penterkarpenterkar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Because it was featured (which I am very grateful for) I did another sweep of typo catching and corrected some.

Thank you to everyone who send me tells and mails and comments about these issues, you helped make this quest what it is.

Went through the first one yesterday and had a blast. Was done very well. Looking to run the second one today.

And since you mentioned typos ;) lol... Don't really look for them, but I do tend to notice. Only saw a couple/few. The comment area at the end only allowed a limited number of characters so couldn't really add it there.
  • mynwnamemynwname Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enjoyed the quest but found a bug.

After the quest was done and the final chest looted my party could not leave the tavern of dread. The exit door would not trigger and we had to exit the are via other means (log off). Aside from looting the last chest the only other thing we did was talk to everyone in the bar again including darius red.
    edited May 2013
    mynwname wrote: »
    Enjoyed the quest but found a bug.

After the quest was done and the final chest looted my party could not leave the tavern of dread. The exit door would not trigger and we had to exit the are via other means (log off). Aside from looting the last chest the only other thing we did was talk to everyone in the bar again including darius red.

This is a known Cryptic group bug, hopefully they will fix soon.
    edited May 2013
    Minor Update:
    1. Did a major spellcheck (Thank you Howitzer) and hopefully have all of the spelling and grammar under control now.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry man, I don't sponsor this quest. Wushin's Catacombs of Dread is better.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • slatraslatra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played them both.
    It's easy to see you have put a lot of effort into them.

Just my 2cp, you might want to cut back on some of the 'interact with object' and add in a little more combat. The last two interactions before fighting the last monster pack (quest 2) weren't needed just extra junk to hunt for, imo. I rated them both 4/5 but the hunting for objects bothered me enough to make a reply here and my review might be closer to 3.5.

That said, it's obvious you spent a lot of time working on the quest. I appreciate the effort you put into it. please, keep making quests.
    Trading reviews with anyone that is willing to leave a comment/review in either of the following quests:

Hell Gate NW-DT6I0MSEZ Great for a small group of 2-3 friends

Hell Gate: Return NW-DERICH2GY Quick and Simple Hack & Slash
    edited June 2013
    Minor Update:
    1. Moved the torch that opens up the shortcut next to the door it opens so players will not get confused by its placement. I also lowered it to make it more dwarf friendly.
    2. Added a "warning sign" before the trap room.
    edited June 2013
    slatra wrote: »
    I played them both.
    It's easy to see you have put a lot of effort into them.

Just my 2cp, you might want to cut back on some of the 'interact with object' and add in a little more combat. The last two interactions before fighting the last monster pack (quest 2) weren't needed just extra junk to hunt for, imo. I rated them both 4/5 but the hunting for objects bothered me enough to make a reply here and my review might be closer to 3.5.

That said, it's obvious you spent a lot of time working on the quest. I appreciate the effort you put into it. please, keep making quests.

Thank you for playing and the feedback.

Crypts of Carnage is meant to be an easy play with more exploration in mind without having to fight non stop while doing so.
    Labyrinth of Lunacy is even more suited for exploring and more rewarding for those who do.
    Necropolis of Nightmare starts with more exploration and ends with heavy combat.

While I do appreciate the suggestions, I do not plan to change them as they are right in line with what I was going for in this series of campaigns.
    edited June 2013
    Bump cycle in motion.
    edited June 2013
    Removed the existing campaigns and will be wrapping all of my quests into a single campaign and renaming them accordingly to make them easier to follow.
    edited June 2013
    Sounds are now working bump.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just played this. Enjoyed it quite a bit, reminded me a bit of an old Stormbringer Quest. If I had one criticism it would be that the maps were very dark, to the point of distracting from the story, rather than enhancing it; but this was overcome by upping my Brightness to 135% or normal. Other than that there were some very nicely done environments, I liked the final "boss room" a lot, really well done. Combat was challenging but not over done, although I thought the extra 2 groups of adds that spawn down by the two "elites" near where the first two "unlock" chains are was a little bit excessive, my companion was dead in seconds and I had to do a lot of kiting to survive there. Died on the Boss Fight, and had to use a campfire to remove the wound - I had levelled up part way through and it had locked out my Wound Kits :(, so that might have upped you average play time a bit, sorry.

Subscribed so that when I'm not in the Foundry, or reviewing over at SE, then I can play through the rest.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.