test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Possibly the only way to realistically stop bots/afkers

brostynbrostyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Firstly, I realize PWE/Cryptic is not going to ban these people. I think those cynical like me will understand why. Its not cost effective.

Having said that, the most cost effective way to get rid of bot/afkers in pvp is to nerf the xp. Why the heck is it so high, anyways? Up the xp in dungeons, so people will actually queue for those while leveling up and gain real experience in dealing with the mechanics of PvE.

Also, I might suggest having no one with enough power to boot people in a randomly generated PuG. Have a voting system like Rift does.

PvP in this game is fun, but some minor details are adding up to make it a real PITA.
Post edited by brostyn on

Comments

• Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    totally agree on the XP part it is way to high in pvp. Doing a 30 min dungeon that only awards like 4 barsegments of xp is just not worth it when 1 pvp match can give like 5 bar segments in under what 15 mins?

And replenish the teams when people are kicked fighting 2 vs 4 after bot booting is not fun eighter.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    yaubotyaubot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, I just myself wrote about this. Though instead of Rift I reference TERA
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?313821-A-Fair-Booting-system-needed!&p=4049651#post4049651
  • Options
    killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brostyn wrote: »
    Having said that, the most cost effective way to get rid of bot/afkers in pvp is to nerf the xp. Why the heck is it so high, anyways? Up the xp in dungeons, so people will actually queue for those while leveling up and gain real experience in dealing with the mechanics of PvE.

Maybe we should get rid of PVP altogether? I sure love solutions that ruin it even more than the current issue for those who actually play the game.
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would rather see bots in pvp with no nerf to the xp, instead of else where; other mmo's bots.
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Bump in hope of official response.