test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Find the profane word.

eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Here is the actual text of something the foundry found profane.
"This scroll gives the instructions on how to make an emergency [MissionInfo]Fire Rune[/MissionInfo] out of the remains of fire elementals.

First you need an earthen vase. You need to put a [MissionInfo]Living Spring[/MissionInfo] in the vase to prevent the vessel from getting too hot. Then you can add the remains of the summoned elementals and it will act as an emergency fire rune.

Caution: Contents are very unstable and won't last long."

This is getting tiresome.
Try my missions:
A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
Post edited by eulerdmoogle on

Comments

• Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    "put a" - this is the word.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So today I learned a new vulgar spanish word.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    put a
    /10 char
  • Options
    zuakelazuakela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is the actual text of something the foundry found profane.
    "This scroll gives the instructions on how to make an emergency [MissionInfo]Fire Rune[/MissionInfo] out of the remains of fire elementals.

First you need an earthen vase. You need to put a [MissionInfo]Living Spring[/MissionInfo] in the vase to prevent the vessel from getting too hot. Then you can add the remains of the summoned elementals and it will act as an emergency fire rune.

Caution: Contents are very unstable and won't last long."

This is getting tiresome.

How about:
    First, you will need an earthen vase. To prevent it from overheating, add a Living Spring to the vase. Then add the remains of the summoned elementals. This will act as an emergency fire rune.
  • Options
    eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is getting old. Another bit of dialogue marked profane.
    I don't rightly know. I was taking a nap in the hay loft when someone put a bag over my head and started beating me, saying things like "This is what happens when people ask too many questions."
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    owlhatowlhat Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    It's 'put a' I think.
  • Options
    havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's still "put a".
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • Options
    casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Usually the tooltip over the warning icon gives you the word that's profane... I discovered that two fives grouped (just them) together is profane. Something about it resembling the double S for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> special forces or something like that... and aparently l, 3, and 5 coupled together, as well. Can you spot what that profanity is? It took me about two minutes of just staring at it to figure it out...
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Could just as easily have been the double S in "vessel". Try writing SS ingame. Secret Service isn't getting any love...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah the profanity filter got me like ten times making my first quest. It was almost like a minigame trying to figure out what it thought was profane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Could just as easily have been the double S in "vessel". Try writing SS ingame. Secret Service isn't getting any love...

You'd think that, but it's only if those are seperated by spaces or punctution. So... for instance S.S. would get tagged and so would 5 5. The only way out of it is tying it up with another word (i.e. vessel, mississippi, etc.) wouldn't get tagged... nor would the abreviations I started using to name pieces... instead of Floor 135 to represent the tile used as a floor tile of my tiered maze as the first floor, third row, fifth column; I started using f135 and it worked fine. 135 apparently is leetspeak for a women with a propensity towards other women... if that's clear enough of a definition.
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
  • Options
    nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Can't believe SS is considered to be profane. It's a part of history, good or bad you should probably learn history... Though I'm anti-anti-profanity, not saying it gives it power, when in reality used well it helps to add drama and character to your story. Though naturally overuse makes you come off as immature.

How's that famous quote go? "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nokturnel wrote: »
    Can't believe SS is considered to be profane. It's a part of history, good or bad you should probably learn history... Though I'm anti-anti-profanity, not saying it gives it power, when in reality used well it helps to add drama and character to your story. Though naturally overuse makes you come off as immature.

How's that famous quote go? "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

When multiple millions are killed by people wearing little pink bunny costumes. Pink bunnies will be considered profane. It has little to do with a lack of understanding of history and more to do with an unsettling connotation a word or symbol has because of its use throughout history. The meaning has been changed because of history. It does no good to try and rationalize the stigma people have toward such things, but in one way I understand your frustration. It irks me how one man can ruin a perfectly good mustache style for the rest of humanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    132 is on the list.

Yes, really. ??
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    casten24 wrote: »
    You'd think that, but it's only if those are seperated by spaces or punctution. So... for instance S.S. would get tagged and so would 5 5. The only way out of it is tying it up with another word (i.e. vessel, mississippi, etc.) wouldn't get tagged... nor would the abreviations I started using to name pieces... instead of Floor 135 to represent the tile used as a floor tile of my tiered maze as the first floor, third row, fifth column; I started using f135 and it worked fine. 135 apparently is leetspeak for a women with a propensity towards other women... if that's clear enough of a definition.

Actually, S.S. is ok. SS is not. Strange though, cause SS could be the initials for several things (Secret Service included) - not only the infamous schutzstaffel... That said, the best way to combat extremism is with ridicule, so a clone of the german SS with braindead kobolds as stormtroopers led by a dwarf with a Chaplin-moustache wouldn't promote atrocities of the past. (in my opinion)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
This discussion has been closed.