test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ye Old Chuckle Hut

neurojamneurojam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Ye Old Chuckle Hut

[IMG][/img]screenshot_2013-05-14-21-25-57_zps16ff64b1.jpg

Ye Old Chuckle Hut, The first comedy tavern of Protector's Enclave, hosts the greatest humorists in the land.
The tavern comes complete with heckling, bar fights and a few 'comedian control devices'.
As an added bonus there will be a human sacrifice to the Gods of the worst performer at the end of the show!

Short Code: NW-DQ1PGH6HW
Mission Type: Humor with some action
Average Duration: 10 to 15 minutes
Amount of Combat: 20%
Starts at: Protector's Enclave

[IMG][/img]screenshot_2013-05-14-21-28-49_zps34bec5f8.jpg
[IMG][/img]screenshot_2013-05-14-21-32-23_zps4af459e9.jpg
[IMG][/img]screenshot_2013-05-14-21-37-29_zps84c0d84d.jpg
Post edited by neurojam on

Comments

• nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Posting my review in your thread :)

Spoilers
    When I eyed Eugene Thunderfoot then a bar fight happened in the front room it should be possible to have him disappear and have a new enemy Eugene appear to fight. (Use like an Ogre or Berserker) The transition from inside the bar to into the cave could use some work, there's a table just sitting in the middle of the doorway and a tear in the doorframe, place a building detail inside the wall and have it poke out a little to make it look more natural. Same with the quest exit inside the cave. The effects during the ritual were pretty cool, but maybe I missed it but I didn't see the comic I chose be sacrificed (I chose Daggerfield, the last guy.) You should be able to place the NPC there depending on dialogue choice. The battle at the sacrifice could use some work though, mobs were running around in odd locations, could move the sacrifice to the middle of the chamber for less chance of that happening.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
  • neurojamneurojam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great suggestions.
    I'll work on these as soon as the auction-hall-pocolypse is done.
    nokturnel wrote: »
    Posting my review in your thread :)
    Spoilers
    When I eyed Eugene Thunderfoot then a bar fight happened in the front room it should be possible to have him disappear and have a new enemy Eugene appear to fight. (Use like an Ogre or Berserker) The transition from inside the bar to into the cave could use some work, there's a table just sitting in the middle of the doorway and a tear in the doorframe, place a building detail inside the wall and have it poke out a little to make it look more natural. Same with the quest exit inside the cave. The effects during the ritual were pretty cool, but maybe I missed it but I didn't see the comic I chose be sacrificed (I chose Daggerfield, the last guy.) You should be able to place the NPC there depending on dialogue choice. The battle at the sacrifice could use some work though, mobs were running around in odd locations, could move the sacrifice to the middle of the chamber for less chance of that happening.
    edited May 2013
    All of the suggestions that Nokturnel suggested (above) were put into the verion 1.2.

If you enjoyed the quest be sure to rate it. You can subscribe to neurojam for a future quest and campaign which are now in the works.
    Thanks again for checking it out.
    edited May 2013
  • amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played through it tonight. I really enjoyed it. Any chance of a Mitch Hedberg tribute in the future?

From my Neverwinter blog
    The Foundry Screenshot of the Week was taken from the adventure known as Ye Old Chuckle Hut. Last night I loaded up my Dwarf Guardian Fighter and headed into the adventure.

I was not disappointed. This is a quick adventure with enough action and laughs to keep you entertained. I am looking forward to revisions featuring other comedians and the continuation of the story.
  • darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to give this a shot today.
    Check out mine if you have a chance?
    NW-DGTWG5HJ4
    I'm still pretty new at this, so any commentary will be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Great concept! I loved the idea of a ritual for the gods involving the sacrifice of the worst commedian.
    First, the good:
    1) As I said, great concept!
    2) The jokes were actually funny, an added bonus.
    3) Bar fights! :D
    Now, the fixer-uppers
    1) Mispellings with Rod Daggerfoot. I think he spelled enough "enogh" (Sorry, I'm a grammar nut)
    2) The door to the altar isn't a straight walk. you have to jump. Easy fix, correct the height of that section of flooring. Also, there's a hole near the front door... on purpose? If it is, keep it. If not, maybe you'd like to work on that section.
    3) From a roleplay perspective: a) To which god is the sacrifice being made? He/she is never mentioned. b) Why do barfights break out? Might want to add something to suggest that. Also, you can change the costumes and names of these barfighters. It might help some flavoring!
    edited June 2013
    darriot777 wrote: »
    Great concept! I loved the idea of a ritual for the gods involving the sacrifice of the worst commedian.
    First, the good:
    1) As I said, great concept!
    2) The jokes were actually funny, an added bonus.
    3) Bar fights! :D
    Now, the fixer-uppers
    1) Mispellings with Rod Daggerfoot. I think he spelled enough "enogh" (Sorry, I'm a grammar nut)
    2) The door to the altar isn't a straight walk. you have to jump. Easy fix, correct the height of that section of flooring. Also, there's a hole near the front door... on purpose? If it is, keep it. If not, maybe you'd like to work on that section.
    3) From a roleplay perspective: a) To which god is the sacrifice being made? He/she is never mentioned. b) Why do barfights break out? Might want to add something to suggest that. Also, you can change the costumes and names of these barfighters. It might help some flavoring!

Thanx for the suggestions, I'll likely make a few of these changes with the next version.
    The next version will likely be Steinfelt free as well..
    I've got a lot of ideas for non-traditional quests for this game
    Currently I've been working on my next quest which should have some open seas exploration as a portion of it.
  • mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Neurojam, if you're still interested in trading reviews please check out my quest (another comedic one). It's a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure: “Arty Boa and the Holy Grail”. I'll try to run yours today.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891