test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck Loading Screen - Protector's Enclave

badteethbadteeth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Uh? Been sitting at loading screen for a while now after pirate king, doesnt say its patching or anything... tried closing and relogging, still wont load... what to do?
Post edited by badteeth on

Comments

• Options
    beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Hey mate,

I had the same problem. The Neverwinter team is working on it. They have a post, somewhere, explaining this. They gave some advice which helped me: First, press buttons when the yellow bar has finished loading. Sometimes the 'press any key' overlay does not show. (That did not work for me). Next, restart your game and while in the 'Launcher' screen (before you log-in) go to the options tab up the top and put Neverwinter into 'Safe-Mode'. Load your character as normal (the graphics will be horrible) and then have your character leave the zone which is causing the trouble. When in the new zone, exit and restart in normal mode. This worked for me and I have not had a problem since. When you go back into the game however, the graphics will still be very low. Go into options while fully logged in and change quality to full. That's it. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey mate,

I had the same problem. The Neverwinter team is working on it. They have a post, somewhere, explaining this. They gave some advice which helped me: First, press buttons when the yellow bar has finished loading. Sometimes the 'press any key' overlay does not show. (That did not work for me). Next, restart your game and while in the 'Launcher' screen (before you log-in) go to the options tab up the top and put Neverwinter into 'Safe-Mode'. Load your character as normal (the graphics will be horrible) and then have your character leave the zone which is causing the trouble. When in the new zone, exit and restart in normal mode. This worked for me and I have not had a problem since. When you go back into the game however, the graphics will still be very low. Go into options while fully logged in and change quality to full. That's it. Hope this helps.

Here is that post, page 1: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?291871-Please-Read-if-you-are-Stuck-Frozen-at-the-Loading-Screen
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    djangoounchaineddjangoounchained Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That worked for me once, now even safe mode leaves me stuck before the loading screen.
  • Options
    badteethbadteeth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, safemode worked for me once.. ive been stuck loading safemode now too... wtf?
  • Options
    runeknight95runeknight95 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks worked for me, hopefully it wont get stuck even on safe mode
  • Options
    peukiepeukie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. I don't know if patch .42 had something to do with it, but the game loaded properly after. Before the patch I got the game loading again by changing both the Video Sliders to Speed (lowest quality). While ingame changed it back, works fine now.