test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Focused Wizardry

ellarethellareth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Sorry if this question has been asked before and I fail at looking around Forum.

While I was respecing my CW, I noticed the in-game tooltip for Focused Wizardry says it increases damage of AOE power by 3/6/9%.

Looking at guides around forum and wiki suggests that Focused Wizardry is supposed to only increase the damage of AOE power when AOE skills hit a single target, but in-game says nothing about it; it simply says Your area effect power deals 3/6/9% more damage.

Has there been a change to Focused Wizardry feat recently or is it displayed incorrectly in-game?
Post edited by ellareth on

Comments

• zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I asked the EXACT same question few weeks back, sadly, i never got a clear answer, nobody seemed to know, and nobody seemt o do any tests.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    I asked the EXACT same question few weeks back, sadly, i never got a clear answer, nobody seemed to know, and nobody seemt o do any tests.

even devs dont know lol
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As far as I can tell, it works on AOE regardless of single-target or multi-target (non-tabbed to tabbed chill strike, my damage increase by roughly 15.5%, and I have both focused wizardry plus the 6% aoe dmg feat). The single target thing happened during one of the beta weekends, and they have buffed/nerfed/changed several other skills during that time as well.

However, do take note that it only works with the following AOEs:

Ice Storm
    Tabbed Chill Strike
    Steal Time
    Shield

This is also the list of skills that are affected by Evocation.

If you plan to not use any of the above skills much, then you can probably skip the aoe feats (getting 5/5 learned spell caster = 5% more damage for all skills, or 3/3 prestidigitation for 3% ratings increase for your entire party plus 2/5 learned spell caster for 2% damage increase).
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The in game tooltip is correct. There's no single target restriction, however as zellista mentioned only a small number of our AOE spells are affected by this (or any other AOE buffing feats/abilities) right now.
  • paradoxie01paradoxie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about Conduit of Ice , Icy Terrain , Storm Pillar , Mealstorm of Chaos and Sudden storm ? Anyone tested those Aoe feats on those spell I've mentioned above?
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about Conduit of Ice , Icy Terrain , Storm Pillar , Mealstorm of Chaos and Sudden storm ? Anyone tested those Aoe feats on those spell I've mentioned above?

Storm Pillar and Maelstorm shouldn't even be used at all, and Sudden Storm is bugged to hell.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • paradoxie01paradoxie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry double posted
    edited May 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Storm Pillar and Maelstorm shouldn't even be used at all, and Sudden Storm is bugged to hell.

That wasn't helpful... not gonna debate about powers here. If anyone did test on other aoes effected by our feats besides zeliista please do reply :)
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

AOE damage boosting feats and powers affect tab Chill Strike, Shield Pulse, and Steal Time.

They do not affect Conduit of Ice or Sudden Storm.

I don't have Icy Terrain, Storm Pillar, or Maelstrom of Chaos and thus cannot confirm or deny it working on those spells.
    edited May 2013
    violated87 wrote: »
    AOE damage boosting feats and powers affect tab Chill Strike, Shield Pulse, and Steal Time.

They do not affect Conduit of Ice or Sudden Storm.

I don't have Icy Terrain, Storm Pillar, or Maelstrom of Chaos and thus cannot confirm or deny it working on those spells.

Thanks for the Info! violated87,
    Somehow I think AOE boosting feats doesn't effect Lightning spells, if it does then the Flashy "Storm Pillar" might not be so bad after all ( 6% Wizards Wrath / 9% Focused Wizardry / 10% Destructive Wizardry ), don't you think?.