test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ioun Stone of Allure Clarification

gbpackers12gbpackers12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay, so I'm about to buy the Ioun Stone of Allure but I just wanted to clarify something. Do I get 100% of the stats I put into the Stone? Say I put a ring with 129 Power, 129 Crit, 129 Recovery in it, will all that be reflected in my gear score or is it just a portion of the stats.

If it is just a portion of the stats, would I need to fill it with the runestones that grant percentage bonuses to the pets owner?

Also, I thought I read that it gives you other buffs as it levels up too.

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times, but I don't want to make a 20$ purchase to be disappointed. Thanks guys!
Post edited by gbpackers12 on

Comments

• quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100% of the stats are granted to you and added to your own stats. However, they do not count towards your total Gear Score, so it won't help you qualify for Epics.

It has one Defensive rune slot, so you can get even more added to you by putting an Eldritch in it (which you should).

At its cap of Rank 25, it gives about 164 in each of Power, Crit, and Recovery, inherently, in addition to the gear.

It's the best companion, in my opinion. Only one that's close is the Cat, which is more expensive, but not really any better (and, debatably, actually worse). The other ones that cost Zen and AD are wastes of money.
  • egomineegomine Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best thing is the ION stone doesn't die. I use this pet exclusively for dungeons. I had no luck with the 10% of defense rune. It was only based on the pets stats not the gear so a defense rune was better for me.

My stone is max, I get no other abilities at all.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All 3 augments pets are very powerful and useful. Which is best depends on your class/build.

DPS: Might - Has 3 offensive slots, 4 base stats which are all useful to GF, and useful equipment slots. Atm the total stats may be very slightly behind alure as you can't unlock its third equip slot, however once pet training is added, that will be fixed.
    Best imo for GF (esp dps spec one). Also good for glass canon rogue builds that want to go all dps.

CC (CW): Cat. All recovery and crit - 2 critical stats for a CC spec'ed wizard. As crits gain you action points faster, and recovery is also action points. Being all focused in 1 area makes this only best for that one class/spec. (DPS spec wizard may prefer allure)

Everyone else: Allure - 2 offense 1 defense runes, 3 decent equip slots (icons not my fav, but its ok - note icons only have offense slots, while might uses belts - which allows a choice of offense or defense). Best all arounder. Most other classes need some defense, so the def slots is good. Very good for clerics as they will get icons easier too.

So no allure isn't straight best, it depends. It's best "all around". But if your focus is elsewhere, theres options. Well balanced pets imo.

Note: all "stats" refer to only the stats in the bottom right of your char sheet. You won't gain it's hitpoints, attributes (well they don't those anyways), and special pet runes like indomitable wont xfer.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do the stat's from runestones apply too?

Also what about tenebrous enchants in the gear?
  • tomasvettomasvet Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it only copies stats, not hp or anything else.

eldrich runestones works perfect in defensive slots and gives more bonuses at a late level than an offense slot (right?)
  • daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    ...(icons not my fav, but its ok - note icons don't have offense slots, which all 3 equip slots in might can have them)...

Icons can and do have offense slots... like all other items, there are icons with an offense slot and icons without one. What makes you think they don't?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100% of stats given to you.

If you put in an Eldritch Runestone, you get the additional percentage of stats. Yes, that's right, you are better off putting your best pieces on your augment companion if you have that defensive slot runestone which is available on either primary augment companion.

If you know you will concentrate on Crit+Recovery, Cat is better than Allure. This happens most often for CW and Cleric.
  • khasfacekhasface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    100% of stats given to you.

If you put in an Eldritch Runestone, you get the additional percentage of stats. Yes, that's right, you are better off putting your best pieces on your augment companion if you have that defensive slot runestone which is available on either primary augment companion.

If you know you will concentrate on Crit+Recovery, Cat is better than Allure. This happens most often for CW and Cleric.

The bonus from an Eldritch Runestone only applies to the pet's base stats - It doesn't apply to stats from equipped items.
    edited May 2013
    khasface wrote: »
    The bonus from an Eldritch Runestone only applies to the pet's base stats - It doesn't apply to stats from equipped items.

Hmm, I am quite certain that it used to.
    edited May 2013
    DPS: Might - Has 3 offensive slots, 4 base stats which are all useful to GF, and useful equipment slots. Atm the total stats may be very slightly behind alure as you can't unlock its third equip slot, however once pet training is added, that will be fixed.
    Best imo for GF (esp dps spec one). Also good for glass canon rogue builds that want to go all dps.

A Defense slot is better than an Offense slot. Once you get good gear into it, you get more from an Eldritch, than from a Runestone with a stat of its own.

I don't even have the best gear in mine (still just a Green neck-item, for example), but if I had Rank 8 Runes/Enchants in everything I have currently, I'd get +247 total stats from an Eldritch, compared to +220 from a Rank 8 Offensive rune. With better gear (and there certainly is plenty) the differential would go even higher.

Given that, and the fact that we don't know when, and at what price, the companion upgrades will be available, I wouldn't recommend the Stone of Might to anyone (unless they happen to be a lockbox-junky, and have a bunch of bars lying around).
    Everyone else: Allure - 2 offense 1 defense, 3 decent equip slots (icons not my fav, but its ok - note icons don't have offense slots, which all 3 equip slots in might can have them). Best all arounder. Most other classes need some defense, so the def slots is good. Very good for clerics as they will get icons easier too.

The Icon can most certainly have an Offense slot. All (or at least nearly all) Green or better level 60 ones do. Given this, even if you don't care about power, I believe that Allure is about equal to the Cat in utility, because you can make up the deficit in Crit/Recovery with an Icon vs a Waist slot. After that, it's better simply because its cheaper, by 316K AD at the moment.
    khasface wrote: »

It works on my character, confirmed moments ago. I have 1286 Recovery, and an 8% Eldritch, on my Stone, and I get 1389 total buff from it. That is exactly what it should be (1286*1.08=1388.88).
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does a high CHA give significant boosts to the stones?
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    Does a high CHA give significant boosts to the stones?

No. CHA has no impact at all on the Augment pets. Unless it boosts the inherent stats, but that's a negligible bonus, and I don't think it does. It definitely doesn't apply to the full stats.

I'm not sure it works on the Eldritch defense runes on other pets.
    edited May 2013
    CHA like all other base stats is completely independent from anything, including gear and companions.

What you get from gear and companions are Ratings. These Ratings are converted to the actual stats which are added to your base stats.

Separately, unlike your base stats, Rating conversions are almost all subject to Diminishing Returns. That is, beyond a certain point the more of a specific Rating you add, the less marginal stat benefit you gain from it, i.e. the additional stat amount from conversion decreases.
    edited May 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    CHA like all other base stats is completely independent from anything, including gear and companions.

The question wasn't whether Companions affect your CHA, rather whether your CHA, as the tooltip says it should, gives bonuses to Companion's Stats.

If CHA worked as expected, it would increase an Ioun Stone's stats by a percent, and then those stats would be reflected back to your own. But that's not what happens. CHA doesn't seem to do anything here.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daervon wrote: »
    Icons can and do have offense slots... like all other items, there are icons with an offense slot and icons without one. What makes you think they don't?

Yea seems i got it backwards. All icons have offense slots, but can't have defense.

Point was they are different. The Might one for example uses belts - while all named belts are defensive slot - random gem belts have offensive slots, so you get a choice there, unlike icons.

And yea with it being discourage to roll on icons if your nto a cleric, it can tough to get a good one, (or remember what slot they have) if you dont play one.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    A Defense slot is better than an Offense slot. Once you get good gear into it, you get more from an Eldritch, than from a Runestone with a stat of its own.

I don't even have the best gear in mine (still just a Green neck-item, for example), but if I had Rank 8 Runes/Enchants in everything I have currently, I'd get +247 total stats from an Eldritch, compared to +220 from a Rank 8 Offensive rune. With better gear (and there certainly is plenty) the differential would go even higher.

Fact is 99% of players won't be using rank 8s - they are insanely expensive and hard to get. Plus your gaining a whole 20 points spread out in a bunch of stats which are not important to some classes.
    Crit and recovery for example - things I really don't care about on my GF as much as other because my cooldowns are short anyways, my AP generate insanely fast, and my crits only deal 75% extra damage.. Where as getting double power nets me more. I mean its like 0.001 cooldown's and 0.1% crit versus some guarenteed extra damage every hit - and double the amount other clases gain from said stat, the choice is obvious to me.

While yea recovery is awesome for say a CW because you live and die based on your action points and cooldowns. Or crit is great for someone who's got extra crit severity.. They simply dont apply equally to every class.

So no, 20 extra stats in 2 stats I don't care about are not better then having complete focus in the ones I do. And the loss of power/armor pen is massive if we did a full break down, around 300 points if we ignored the third equip slot, but still about 100 when we don't.

So yea like i said, blue is slightly better for ppl who want all around atm. Green is better for pure dps.

And I don't envision the training taking long to come out with, cryptic like the money, and they certain will make a lot off having training (at undoubtedly very high diamond costs).
    edited May 2013
    Fact is 99% of players won't be using rank 8s - they are insanely expensive and hard to get.

The difference is even greater with quite reasonable Rank 6s across the board; +191 vs +150 using my current gear.
    Plus your gaining a whole 20 points spread out in a bunch of stats which are not important to some classes.
    Crit and recovery for example - things I really don't care about on my GF as much as other because my cooldowns are short anyways, my AP generate insanely fast, and my crits only deal 75% extra damage.. Where as getting double power nets me more.

If you truly only care about one single stat, then yes, an Offensive slot could theoretically be better.

But even then, if I had all my current gear, but focused on Power instead of Recovery (and I know such versions exist), I'd get 122 Power from a Rank 6 Eldritch vs. 150 Power from a Rank 6 Offensive rune.

The difference in inherent Power between the Stone of Allure and the Stone of Might each at max rank currently makes up for that difference, and even if the Might could get to Rank 25, it probably still wouldn't quite make the difference, since the stats are spread among four.