test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vorpal Enchantment not stacking (not sure if intended)

recky777recky777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
As a GWF, we are allowed to put points into a feat that raises our Critical Severity by 5/10/15% (up to 90%, or 95% for Half-Orcs). The Vorpal Enchantment (I'm currently using the normal level, aka not lesser or greater) gives 25% (13/38% for other mentioned versions) Critical Severity. Having this Enchantment in doesn't show on character screen (still showing 90% instead of 100% if it overrides it) as well as my critical strikes still doing the same damage as before when I had no enchantment equipped. Either, due to having a feat that boosts my Critical Severity, the Enchantment is being canceled out, or the Enchantment isn't working in general.
Post edited by recky777 on

Comments

• gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well considering i ahve had criticals vary from 0-15K and every number in between i'm not sure i'd accurately judeg any difference if i upped my severity by 10%, that said if it's not changing it on the character screen, would be suspicious that it might not be working
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • spazy1spazy1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CW here my main hand gives and extra 12% crit severity same with vorpal still says 75% on character screen and have not seen any raise in crit damage. I think it might be broken.
  • evenrokevenrok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    spazy1 wrote: »
    CW here my main hand gives and extra 12% crit severity same with vorpal still says 75% on character screen and have not seen any raise in crit damage. I think it might be broken.

same issue here, just on a DC. :(
    Gauntlet [EU] - Ruthia - 70+ Five Venom
    Gauntlet [EU] - Fergus - 50+ E'mei
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    would be nice to know if only higest %+crit.severity counts or if this is not intended. ;)
  • proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    Vorpal is working, it does not show in the character sheet but its working. Easy way to test it is being a GWF with a [Drake's Greatsword of the Avatar of War], this sword does 855-855 damage, you'll always do same damage before debuffs. Now try the sword without vorpal and with, and you'll see a difference.
  • centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi there

100% sure its working? the reason I ask is I don't see any diff really between Non Vorpal Lashing Blade critical and a Vorpal Lashing blade critical

* this is not with Lurkers Assault

basic 12-14k
    Vorpal 12-14k

any ideas?

* FYI its the 25% Vorpal enchant im using
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    centur1an wrote: »
    Hi there

100% sure its working? the reason I ask is I don't see any diff really between Non Vorpal Lashing Blade critical and a Vorpal Lashing blade critical

* this is not with Lurkers Assault

basic 12-14k
    Vorpal 12-14k

any ideas?

* FYI its the 25% Vorpal enchant im using

Could be the latest patch which seems to have broken so much. Vorpal was definitely working before that patch since I tested it while checking my combat logs. The critical severity bonus from enchantments does not show up in your character stats, only from damage.
  • centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I don't know if they are aware but I just tried two new tests

Dualists Flurry 25% crit severity when in stealth had 5 stacks and did 14.9k (75% + 40% from two feats)

Non Dualists Fury Crit without this and I get 14k while in stealth so im not realy great at mathetics but it doesn't seem like there is 40% or 15% difference there
  • bleahnameherebleahnamehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have this exact problem on my TR with a Greater Vorpal Enchantment:

G2HrFuL.png
  • fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Vorpal has not been showing in the character stats-sheet for as long as I can remember. Why I do not know.. but that does not mean it doesn't do it's job. HOWEVER.. I have myself also noticed that my crits are lower than usually. Now, I haven't ran any dmg logs to check it out more closely, but it just doesn't feel right to do 16-18k crits (lashing blade) using a greater vorpal myself. Which is basically the same dmg i did before i got it.

Also, how much does a thing like armpen/power matter really? My power is at 5,7k with armpen at 2k, and before I sacrificed alot of my armpen for power I had about 3,5k.. I just cant tell if power OR armpen is the bigger factor here in your outcoming dmg.. If a more balanced stat of those two, or slightly more armpen (3k?) with a lowered power as sacrifice would mean I do more dmg then something is wrong. To me more power is exactly what it says.. more power! Or have I missed something?
    Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
    Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
    - One of the 5 core founders.
    edited December 2013
    fantom3n wrote: »
    Vorpal has not been showing in the character stats-sheet for as long as I can remember. Why I do not know.. but that does not mean it doesn't do it's job. HOWEVER.. I have myself also noticed that my crits are lower than usually. Now, I haven't ran any dmg logs to check it out more closely, but it just doesn't feel right to do 16-18k crits (lashing blade) using a greater vorpal myself. Which is basically the same dmg i did before i got it.

Also, how much does a thing like armpen/power matter really? My power is at 5,7k with armpen at 2k, and before I sacrificed alot of my armpen for power I had about 3,5k.. I just cant tell if power OR armpen is the bigger factor here in your outcoming dmg.. If a more balanced stat of those two, or slightly more armpen (3k?) with a lowered power as sacrifice would mean I do more dmg then something is wrong. To me more power is exactly what it says.. more power! Or have I missed something?

Unless you have a special Power scaling in a specific build of a class that accounts for a large proportion of your damage, e.g. GWF's Deep Gash or GF's Reckless Attacker, Armor Penetration stat rating is always better than any other stat rating for offensive purpose because most enemies have mitigation and therefore any Resistance Ignored stat is a flat damage increase.

Of course, the numbers can tell a lie. Most of your damage could be on trash and those have a lower mitigation than bosses. So, you may not necessarily need the full 24% Resistance Ignored (2,536 Armor Penetration) to get maximum possible damage in a dungeon. It is just that when damage actually matters, i.e. on bosses, your dps would be lower if you were to gear for less than 24%.

The problem with this whole thread is that no one's posting real numbers or using combat log parsing. Use something like ACT combat log parser with Neverwinter plugin across either a long dungeon run or multiple Epic Pirate King or other dungeon runs of the same dungeon with same group, where you swap in and swap out your Vorpal (it only costs a bit of gold after all). Then look at your maximum hits and see if there is any consistent large difference.
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    So reading this thread while enchant farming I did some real basic testing. All I did was used the same skill to open with on each mob pack (sudden storm) looking for the high damage from crits and non-crits. I always used it as the first skill so other buffs/debuffs didn't come into play.

I have a 130% crit severity so my high crit damage should be 130% more than my high normal damage. The high non-crit I seen was 7,900ish and the high crit was 18,000ish which is right on the money. So it seems like its working correctly to me.
    edited December 2013
    krinaman wrote: »
    So reading this thread while enchant farming I did some real basic testing. All I did was used the same skill to open with on each mob pack (sudden storm) looking for the high damage from crits and non-crits. I always used it as the first skill so other buffs/debuffs didn't come into play.

I have a 130% crit severity so my high crit damage should be 130% more than my high normal damage. The high non-crit I seen was 7,900ish and the high crit was 18,000ish which is right on the money. So it seems like its working correctly to me.

Yes, but it could be a problem with a specific Power. There are a few posts in here around TR's Lashing Blade.

Also, this is a long necro of a bug report during Beta. So, it should really not exist at all and I have reported the thread. This was when few players understood that Vorpals Critical Severity does NOT show in your Character Sheet.

These days, you have to be a LOT more specific if you think you spot a problem with Vorpal, because we know it works in general wherever critical damage from a player is possible to register.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yIjJzkK_zps591805a2.jpg

Please don't necro..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
This discussion has been closed.