test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Attempt at making a nice yet rewarding 15-20m Foundry Quest

scoobyflippindoscoobyflippindo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hey all trying my first attempt, although have used some buddies as guinea pigs, at what i hope will be a foundry quest usable for the daily eventually. Please give it a shot and let me know what ya think and would like to see or not see in it.

NW-DML4SQG6M
Temple of Chaos v1.01

If you have a quest that needs to be reviewed please leave me your info in the review and ill happily play through yours as well.

Thanks!
Post edited by scoobyflippindo on

Comments

• scoobyflippindoscoobyflippindo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Republished with minor fixes and adjustments based on suggestions to make it a little more interactive.

Temple of Chaos v1.02
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Republished with minor fixes and adjustments based on suggestions to make it a little more interactive.

Temple of Chaos v1.02
    sure. added to my queue. my quest info is in my sig :)
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • scoobyflippindoscoobyflippindo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quest is in a good spot and id love to get some play through on it by others! Leave a review with your foundry codes also and id love to give your quests a shot. Thanks!

NW-DML4SQG6M
    Temple of Chaos v1.02
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll give it a runthrough tonight. Please give mine a look as well, when you get the chance. Info's in the signature. Thanks! :)
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Playing through it as well.

Can verify that both beeblebrox69 and vaelic are good, honest reviewers as we've review traded in the past couple of days. Plus, both of their quests are pretty good.
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey scoob,

Just finished your quest. It is a solid first foray into the Foundry, and something you should definitely build upon further. It took me closer to a half hour - but I was taking notes, so I think your time estimate is pretty accurate. Combat was fairly easy for a mid-20s control wizard and his trusty man-at-arms. I'll PM you some points I wrote down based on my playthrough.

If you'd like, give my own first published adventure a playthrough - a link to the thread with more info is in my signature, and it is in need of reviews.
    c447.png
    edited May 2013
    mrthebozer wrote: »
    Hey scoob,

Just finished your quest. It is a solid first foray into the Foundry, and something you should definitely build upon further. It took me closer to a half hour - but I was taking notes, so I think your time estimate is pretty accurate. Combat was fairly easy for a mid-20s control wizard and his trusty man-at-arms. I'll PM you some points I wrote down based on my playthrough.

If you'd like, give my own first published adventure a playthrough - a link to the thread with more info is in my signature, and it is in need of reviews.

Would absolutely love to hear your notes on the whole adventure. have been playing through some of the other poster's adventures and seeing lots and lots i can do to elaborate and make mine that much more engrossing but leaving the simple feel to it that i am going to try. I appreciate the review and am gonna go try out your quest right now. Thanks again!
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good work. I liked the feel of the adventure and some of the decorating... I just prefer more more more. :) I'm big on adventures that look really unique and there was just something lacking about yours. Don't know what it was. In general though, I liked what I saw. Really excellent for a first go. I would put the first few tasks in parallel, just so the player can choose which of the 4 elements to go for first. No biggie, just a preference. One of the killers for me (and I am occasionally guilty of it as well) are monsters that just stand there in formation waiting for the player to attack. When possible, use Wander or give 'em a patrol path.

Still gave ya 4 stars and a tip. Keep up the good work!
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
    edited May 2013
    Good work. I liked the feel of the adventure and some of the decorating... I just prefer more more more. :) I'm big on adventures that look really unique and there was just something lacking about yours. Don't know what it was. In general though, I liked what I saw. Really excellent for a first go. I would put the first few tasks in parallel, just so the player can choose which of the 4 elements to go for first. No biggie, just a preference. One of the killers for me (and I am occasionally guilty of it as well) are monsters that just stand there in formation waiting for the player to attack. When possible, use Wander or give 'em a patrol path.

Still gave ya 4 stars and a tip. Keep up the good work!

Very Much appreciated! Cant wait to get back into working on it again, getting a lot of ideas and uses of the foundry that i just didn't see on my first time through. Thanks for the feed back, gonna get back in there and decorate and animate it more!
  • levitatemelevitateme Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some notes on a playthrough with a Lvl 60 CW with a high gear score:

- I was able to speed through it pretty quickly.

- First fight out of the gateway was a bit harder than what is probably expected, as the mind flayer prone attack lets the other mobs just beat on the player.

- I think lots of fights in the clock tower portion are expected to be harder than they actually are due to mob placement vs. height. This may or may not be the intent. :)

- Dying would suck--that's a lot of territory to re-walk. This is especially important given that the last fight would likely be very hard for less equipped higher level chars.
    Currently working on : Shopping Mall Security (NW-xxxxxxxxx)
    Author of the LGBT quest: Alternative Entertainment (NW-DHQPDNBZM)
    edited May 2013
    All very good points and ill make sure i try to place mobs a bit better, add more content or a small puzzle for time and try to position mobs to be a bit more even for melee/ranged classes. I really appreciate the feedback i'm actively taking all the ideas i've gotten from others and am working on a much more polished version. Thank you very much for the play and the notes!
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I'm on it, second in my sig (Part II) needs reviews).
    My new quest:

WIP
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I'm on it, second in my sig (Part II) needs reviews).

I hit a problem, I killed the avatar, but the objective did not update, I could not exit because I was still in combat. I knocked him into the water, killed him then it broke. I would take a look at it.

Up until then I was really impressed with the work that went into creating in door spaces in an out door map, really well done. I t was a fun quest.

Notes (scribbled as I played, and some of these are pedantic knit-picking):

MAP 1
    A lot of work, well done.
    Roof overhang on gable end of building as you enter seems too much.
    Shame cliff back-drop cuts off at map edge (not your fault).
    Rooms in external map, good job.
    You spell it 'grateful'.
    First spider encounter clipped tree at spawn point.
    Spider boss, roll was blocked by map edge (I'm a rogue).
    Herb still sparkly after I picked it, perhaps set to disappear.
    Second quest house, decs felt a little sparse.
    NPC in above house kneels on bed during convo, accident?

MAP 2
    Again, creating areas within areas is cool, nice work.
    Then had the boss fail.
    My new quest:

WIP
    edited May 2013
    Have revamped the quest based on lots of suggestions and ideas from all you posters and reviewers! thank you very much for your time in hitting me with your suggestions and what not!
    Please give the new 1.03 version a shot and see if its closer to that wonderful foundry quest feel!
    edited June 2013
    Have revamped the quest based on lots of suggestions and ideas from all you posters and reviewers! thank you very much for your time in hitting me with your suggestions and what not!
    Please give the new 1.03 version a shot and see if its closer to that wonderful foundry quest feel![/QUO

Published what i believe is the final version of my first shot at a foundry quest. Thank you very much for all the suggestions and ideas! Hoping it makes eligible status eventually, please if you run it and would like me to review your quest please send me an in game mail or leave it in the review and i will get to it. Love testing out all new foundry quests that want it. Thanks! time to build another now i suppose...