test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feeling guilty about all the fun I'm having

stealseriesstealseries Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Long time lurker, casual/semi-hardcore MMO player

I’m scared to admit this, due to the seemingly unanimous hatred for PWE on the forums (probably a bad way to start the post but whatever), but here goes anyways:

I work and go to school and have time for maybe 3/4 hours of gameplay a week. Haven’t invested any money yet but I will eventually. I’m currently level 29 and am really enjoying myself. From what I’ve experienced, the PvP, PvE, solo dungeons, and professions are a blast.

I think the important point is that as a casual player, I can play the game and still see progression when playing in a session lasting less than an hour. I can level up, earn a few AD, and learn a bit more about the 98+ currencies this game has. For those of you that have 5 60’s with maxed professions, you’re the minority. The only way to limit your progression would be through the implementation of grinding, which no one wants to do anymore after vanilla WoW.

You must keep in mind that this quick leveling pace does appeal to a large player base, and we will keep the game going as well. There will be more content for you hardcore players to experience once PWE implements it. For now, mess around, remain patient, or exploit a bug or two. Your requests will eventually be answered. But please, in the meantime, understand that there are those of us who like the quick pace. We will keep the economy going while PWE sorts out the current bugs/exploits.

And don’t give me the “Hardcore players buy more ZEN” excuse. Half my friends are founders and they play less than I do.

TLDR; Be patient, stop whining, focus on helping PWE fix the current bugs. Endgame content will come later. Some of us are, surprisingly enough, having a blast.
Post edited by stealseries on

Comments

• Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enjoy while it last, at lvl 60 you wont go anywhere with a less than an hour play time unless you just do pvp to get 2 shot by anyone who actually is not wearing green equip from quest.(That's what you get with 3/4hr)
    Also if you have a GWF or a GF enjoy it even more, no one if not for pity or masochism, will take you to a dungeon.

Game is new, you are lvl 29, you are also playing casual, you don't have much knowledge of the game.

BTW glad you are having fun.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    There are many problems that is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game (2 of the 5 classes are underpowered). Then there's the rampant cheating/botting problem going on in PvP. At lvl 60 there's not much to do except maybe PvP (if you play CW, TR or DC) or epic dungeons (again only available to CW, TR and DC). Then there's crafting which is horribly mundane. I don't know if it is designed that way but it's a huge money pit and the stuff you craft 95% are worthless junk (but if you're a cash shop spender or got lucky with the 1600 zen profession asset pack or saved up AD you need to buy the high quality npc/tools needed to craft the good stuff -- trust me those stuff ain't cheap). I am still hoping all of the rather glaring issues will be corrected when the Gauntlgrym patch comes out if not then yeah... good bye game.
  • Options
    dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    That's a long post that you obviously put a lot of time and thought into. If you're having so much fun, wouldn't your time be better spent in the game than on the forums?
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Expressing his positive view of the game, which I find refreshing giving so much negative views going over and over.
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    I agree. The game is perfect. Just stfu and give your money to Craptic.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The overwhelming majority of the player base is actually enjoying the game and playing it. Simply because the forums are overrun with negativity does not mean that everyone hates PWE. Simply put, whiners cry the loudest.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    enjoy while it last, at lvl 60 you wont go anywhere with a less than an hour play time unless you just do pvp to get 2 shot by anyone who actually is not wearing green equip from quest.(That's what you get with 3/4hr)
    Also if you have a GWF or a GF enjoy it even more, no one if not for pity or masochism, will take you to a dungeon.

Game is new, you are lvl 29, you are also playing casual, you don't have much knowledge of the game.

As a GF so many people have added me to friends list from pugging, now every time I log in I get multiple pm's instantly asking me to come T2 with them. GF are not as hated/unwanted as so many try to make them out to be.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    The overwhelming majority of the player base is actually enjoying the game and playing it. Simply because the forums are overrun with negativity does not mean that everyone hates PWE. Simply put, whiners cry the loudest.

quote for the truth
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dndjess wrote: »
    That's a long post that you obviously put a lot of time and thought into. If you're having so much fun, wouldn't your time be better spent in the game than on the forums?

I was in an accounting class that was boring me to death. Wrote this up while the teacher was answering a question
  • Options
    edited May 2013

But there's an issue there. I'm not sure if any of you are familar with HoN, but when it went F2P, there was outrage. However, it turned out to be the best thing that happened to the game. The vocal minority doesn't always know best

Now I think the real problem lies in the fact that a lot of the issues being posted are legitimate problems with the game, however, their written or repeated so frequently that it gives off a whiny, annoying attitude. People need to provide constructive criticism (there are maybe 10 well constructed, helpful posts on the forums now) and help this game get better instead of "calling it quits" or berating the devs
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Reek of bitterness.

Oh that OP is still level 29, still new, so "enjoy while it last"? I have been 60 for the past 2 weeks, all purple decked out (mix of T1 and T2 gears), and I have spent ZERO zen and real cash. AND I am also a casual gamer with full-time work and a family. AND I am STILL having a blast playing the game. AND I have been playing MMORPG for many years.

So, please.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But there's an issue there. I'm not sure if any of you are familar with HoN, but when it went F2P, there was outrage. However, it turned out to be the best thing that happened to the game. The vocal minority doesn't always know best

Now I think the real problem lies in the fact that a lot of the issues being posted are legitimate problems with the game, however, their written or repeated so frequently that it gives off a whiny, annoying attitude. People need to provide constructive criticism (there are maybe 10 well constructed, helpful posts on the forums now) and help this game get better instead of "calling it quits" or berating the devs

I do agree, there are legitimate issues. But when they are presented with all the banter of a boys high school locker room, there is no reason to pay attention. They will get negative comments and thread will inevitably be closed, as it should be. Constructive criticism is a lost art. People also need to actually look at things before jumping to conclusions. They also need to understand that a company has many departments. The people working on new and upcoming products are not the people working on bugs, two different things. Also, others complain about the cash shop, and yet forget that the currency can be traded and earned in game. Also, this is player controlled.

Do issues exist, sure, but most of the issues can be seen in every online game out there and stem from the same place; the community.
  • Options
    prysianprysian Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loving the game. Sure issues exist, but they are being addressed, just not as quickly as some would like. I literally laughed out loud several times listening to the phylactery dialogue as I was trying to find a resting place for the Liche in Neverdeath.
  • Options
    laviticaslaviticas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having fun, but now PVP is completely screwed with all the botting. Can't play a single match now without one person being a bot which ruins the ENTIRE match.
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yramrag wrote: »
    Oh that OP is still level 29, still new, so "enjoy while it last"? I have been 60 for the past 2 weeks, all purple decked out (mix of T1 and T2 gears), and I have spent ZERO zen and real cash. AND I am also a casual gamer with full-time work and a family. AND I am STILL having a blast playing the game. AND I have been playing MMORPG for many years.

So, please.

goodgood.gif
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Right you are. Totally hit it on the mark. I work in customer services. Now if one customer is happy with services they might tell one or maybe possibly 2 people at most they were happy or had a good experience with said services.

Now listen carefully to this part.

If ONE person is not happy with a service they got, they end up telling 10-15 people about how bad it was. A business doesnt want unhappy people telling others about the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> services of said business. Said business will loose cash flow and customers wont want to even try the services offered. It builds up a bad reputation pretty fast.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    prysian wrote: »
    Loving the game. Sure issues exist, but they are being addressed, just not as quickly as some would like. I literally laughed out loud several times listening to the phylactery dialogue as I was trying to find a resting place for the Liche in Neverdeath.

Yes and it was so nice of cryptic to release the beta with all the known issues in the closed beta. Yes i am glad they couldnt fix them then and a month in and still cant fix them. How long was closed beta and this open beta? Add that together for me please and thats about as long as it has takin so far. Thats got to be what 5 months or more. NIce so they been working on known exploits for 4-5 months and still cant get it fixed.
  • Options
    beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Great thread
  • Options
    beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Great to see a positive post!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I do agree, there are legitimate issues. But when they are presented with all the banter of a boys high school locker room, there is no reason to pay attention. They will get negative comments and thread will inevitably be closed, as it should be. Constructive criticism is a lost art. People also need to actually look at things before jumping to conclusions. They also need to understand that a company has many departments. The people working on new and upcoming products are not the people working on bugs, two different things. Also, others complain about the cash shop, and yet forget that the currency can be traded and earned in game. Also, this is player controlled.

Do issues exist, sure, but most of the issues can be seen in every online game out there and stem from the same place; the community.

This is basically the point I was trying to get across, phrased more eloquently. Forum trolls and angry posts won't get you guys what you want. Well structured and fact-backed constructive criticism will
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is far easier to remember the bad than the good. If a person has a lousy steak at a restaurant, then they are far more likely to tell 10 people that this restaurant sucks. If a person has a great steak at a restaurant, then they are far more likely to keep the experience to themselves unless asked about if they had any great steak lately. How many times does that actually come up in conversation. Applies to MMOs as well, bad experiences are publicized far more than good experiences. Even if 95% of the people love the game, then we are more likely to hear from the 5% that don't.
  • Options
    peonpowerpeonpower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

^^ needs to leave moms basement for a bit and experience a thing known as sunshine! Would do you the world of good and god knows your demeanour could use some brightening up!