mataris1911mataris1911 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Restless Nights@Brokenreality

Short Code: NW-DBO5XVVKV
Mission Type: Mix (Story/Dungeon Crawl)
Duration: 20 minutes
Amount of Combat: Medium
Starts At: Cleric Millan, Protectors Enclave

Mission Summary: Reports of strange noises have been made, you are hired to investigate and put a stop to them. Things turn tricky as noises are determined to be the reanimation of the dead beneath Protectors Enclave. Fight your way to the source and put a end to the disturbance....for now.

Authors Notes: This is my first released quest in the foundry spent time fooling around to get the mechanics down. Please please please provide any feedback you can. Check it out show some support, if you need/want to trade reviews send me a mail in-game with your short code or leave it here.

Thank you for your support.
Post edited by mataris1911 on

Comments

• mrrobsworldmrrobsworld Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've added you to my quest to-do list. Please check out my first quest as well.
    Descendant of Simon Part 1 -- NW-DDMY3WOTA --
    Thanks.
  • ceylokrinnceylokrinn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll check it out. And, if you wish, take a stab at my short quest:

Portia's Fire - NW-DDSLDZCOB: combat, exploration, and rescue
  • ceylokrinnceylokrinn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mataris:

Unfortunately, the ending of your quest appears to be broken. After I beat the (two) bosses, the mission lead me back outside, there was no final treasure chest, and I never got the chance to do the review. In fact, the quest never really finished for me. I went back to Cleric Millan, who did his ending speech fine and dandy, but no quest finish.

This is a huge negative for me, but otherwise the quest played very well. Good combat. The trekking required was a bit long and overdone, and it was mostly a dungeon crawl, but all in all, not too bad.

You should fix the ending, or you won't get any ratings, alas :-/
  • mataris1911mataris1911 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been away from my computer will run the people.who reviews mine asap hopefully one or 2 tonight
  • levitatemelevitateme Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceylokrinn wrote: »
    Mataris:

Unfortunately, the ending of your quest appears to be broken. After I beat the (two) bosses, the mission lead me back outside, there was no final treasure chest, and I never got the chance to do the review. In fact, the quest never really finished for me. I went back to Cleric Millan, who did his ending speech fine and dandy, but no quest finish.

This is a huge negative for me, but otherwise the quest played very well. Good combat. The trekking required was a bit long and overdone, and it was mostly a dungeon crawl, but all in all, not too bad.

You should fix the ending, or you won't get any ratings, alas :-/

Pretty much all of the above for me too, including broken ending.

One thing I would consider doing differently is setting the mobs to wander a bit. You've got some fairly large rooms. It'd make the quest feel more alive if they moved a bit.
    Currently working on : Shopping Mall Security (NW-xxxxxxxxx)
    Author of the LGBT quest: Alternative Entertainment (NW-DHQPDNBZM)
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall this is a solid dungeon crawl, but the crypt rooms could do with some more customization and decoration. The boss rooms were well-decorated and fit well with the NPC costumes, but the in-between halls were pretty bland and ordinary. Absolutely nothing about that part stood out. Overall this leads to a "why does this quest need to exist amongst the dozens of other equivalent dungeon crawl quests?" kind of feeling as both the environment and story/quest are pretty ho-hum.

Not trying to knock it, it was technically sound, but it just needs something more to really stand out as unique. The simplest way to start would be to take the theme present in each of the boss rooms and extend those elements out into the full wing of the crypt leading up to that boss room.

Lastly, this quest is susceptible to the PE foundry bug where quest objectives in the PE public zone randomly disappear, especially if it is the last objective in the quest. This requires a logout/login to get your objective back. It's nothing you did wrong with your quest, it's just a bug in the game, but I HIGHLY recommend getting rid of the last step of coming out to talk to the cleric again. Then put the final chest inside the crypt, after the last boss near the exit door, so the quest is complete before players return to PE. If you feel you must talk to the cleric again for story reasons, just spawn him next to that door post-boss-fight and have players talk to him before getting their lewtz and leaving the crypt.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)