test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix X before Fix X threads

avantharkhiavantharkhi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As long as problems are being fixed, who cares? Most MMOs, if not all, eventually have 98% of the functionality working. In fact, I'd dare say that Neverwinter has over 90% of the functionality working as intended. There's class balancing, spell, and gameplay changes, both of which effect PvE and PvP. Fixing is not a quick process.

I work in IT project management and it takes time to learn of a problem on the forums, recreate it, write up a presentation, get approval to move forward, prioritize the issue against all the other issues, weight budget constraints, code, test, load into a patch and deploy. Yes it takes weeks to make some of these changes, and those of us who desire the fixes are in for the long haul, so what's it matter?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Your title is flawed. You can't fix X before fixing X - it's the same task. You can fix X before fixing Y though...
  • Options
    titanv2titanv2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5 classes. 1 is disfunctional (GF) and one is broken (GWF). this game is 60% functional lmao
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Lol, 90%? Including invulnerability bugs, infinite chest loots, AD exploits, multiple skills and companions not giving correct stats? I'm not even touching the foundry bugs here.

More like 50-70%.
  • Options
    snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's basically triage. Some problems are more detrimental to the game and thus should have priority over others. People voice their opinions to try to get the dev's attentions to get the things fixed that they care about most.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The OP is right. For now. I'm okay with giving them some more time to address these. If the majority of these issues still exist by the end of July, well then, I'd say that'd be a good indicator of how unimportant they are to the devs.
  • Options
    darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    SOme problems are also easy to fix then others and thats why sometime you see a quest bug fix before a lets class bug fix.The mentality of a compagny is always to fix as much as possible in 1 patch even if it imply 15 things forums didnt ask.

In the end if your not a programmer or a dev i think its better for you to just shut up since you know nothing how things work.

Some forums dummy still think the content teams and the bug fixing teams are the same lol.GG kidos
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    In fact, I'd dare say that Neverwinter has over 90% of the functionality working as intended.

Please visit the hospital and let them fix your concussion.