test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is wrong with PVP? From a 4e DM view.

shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have DM'ed 4e since it first came out. I made a Guardian Fighter a few weeks ago.
This is the view of a disgruntled Dwarf Guardian fighter.

In 99% of the matches its 1 of 2 scenarios.

scenario 1...you autowin because you vs a bot who literally does nothing but run in circles so it doesn't disconnect.
this is so boring....enjoy sitting there for 10 minutes with your thumb up your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to win vs a bot.

scenario 2...people using exploits or imbalanced powers make you miserable. its the opposite sensation you should get from a video game. not enjoyment, but misery. GJ devs... your pvp experience is on par with sticking a hot poker in my eyeball.

the game is won by clerics and rogues, with a dash of wizards.

I'm a Guardian fighter and here is what happens for me....no matter who I hit. I see a tiny sliver of their health bar go down, or perhaps no sliver at all. Do you devs know how big a sliver is? It's 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pixel wide!

Now for all the defense stats I have people tear through me like butter...giant chunks of my health disappear, and my guard gauge is destroyed in about 2 seconds. My wife plays a cleric and I see her at wills hit for about 3 times the damage of my at wills. Compound this with the astral shield and shes miles beyond my tanking ability, and miles beyond my damage.
Rogues.....They all use the same power. This move that dazes/stuns you. They get some recovery and literally repeat the same move over and over and keep you in a lock where you can NEVER use a power. Not to mention that my armor apparently does NOTHING to mitigate their damage while their dodges are more effective than my guard.

I'm a paying customer among a swarm of non- paying players. It's in your best interest to keep people like me happy.
Fix your game.
Post edited by shamurai7 on

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you check the guides by Envy and Chainer (both in my signature), they have included PvP videos and streams for the GWF and GF.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    thumperrrthumperrr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've fought against good and bad GF's on my rogue and belive me. If you know how to play GF you shouldn't have to much of a problem downing a rogue. And mainly what i've seen full tank GF's do is just run to the main base and just stand there and be a fat wall there and force the other team to get more people there so they can down the GF
  • Options
    nekoakureinekoakurei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to a game made by Perfect World. Where classes are unbalanced, basic game functionality doesn't work, the game crashes, and there's a new exploit every week, but here have a new spider companion.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP needs to L2Buy rk9 enchants.
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    I'm a Guardian fighter and here is what happens for me....no matter who I hit. I see a tiny sliver of their health bar go down, or perhaps no sliver at all. Do you devs know how big a sliver is? It's 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pixel wide!

But that's not your job. Your job is to support the middle and disrupt the enemy, or run to the enemy-side flag and stubbonly refuse to budge until preferably 2 or 3 people come to shift you, thus freeing up the other two flags for your team. Be the big fat sack of hitpoints with annoying knockback & prone powers.

Not sure what the problem with your stats are. Are you putting too much into useless (for a GF) stuff like critical?
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GF is hands down BEST 1v1 Class. Very few builds can beat a well played GF as you have so much survival and a block that stops 100% of the attacks still it breaks. Save your block for power attacks or CC and then stun lock the other player to death.

@60 if you are having issues 1v1 other classes you ether are very under geared, specced wrong, don't know how to play the class or just out played.
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a paying customer among a swarm of non- paying players. It's in your best interest to keep people like me happy.
    Fix your game.

With you on bots or any actual exploits, but you truly don't know what you're talking about from a balance standpoint. A well built and played GF is a monster in endgame PvP.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GFs can stunlock people to death. They are one of the most overpowered class if done right. I hope you are 60 as well because too many complaining about pvp balance that aren't even 60 yet.
  • Options
    run3w0lfrun3w0lf Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont understand all these haters around. im lvl 60 TR and i have fun playing pvp, the matches are often balanced and only about 10% of the pvp matches the enemy team is afk. if you feel underpowered in pvp join a guild, do guild pvp so that you have healer in the group too. if you still feel underpowered, do epic dungeons and get better gear and enchantments. find out which skills and abilities are the best for your class and stuff like that.
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...the game is won by clerics and rogues, with a dash of wizards.

My GWF, more often than not, takes the top spot. Sentinel spec, running 4/4 Titan's and stacking deflection like it's hot. Working good for me.

Also, what does DM'ing have to do with an MMO's PvP balance?

Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]