test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this game to easy?

kendotakendota Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm level 30 and the game is getting easier. Does the content get more challenging? I love the controls I just wish there were some mobs that hit worth a ****. PvP is fun but I would love a hard dungeon! Should I just quit or will I finaly get out of "care bear" mode?
Post edited by kendota on

Comments

• zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    have you done the mad dragon dungeon yet? if not, wait until you do then come back and delete your thread. You will see why. the difficulty grade of these game takes a steep curve at the mid 30s and unless you gear well and stay ahead of that curve it can be quite difficult. Endgame gets easier again once you learn how to play boss fights properly, ie not just stand and attack but actively dodge, run, switch target focus appropriately. I thought hte same as you at this point in the game but you'll see a change quite soon dont worry :)
  • mohawkrmohawkr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I agree with zephyrli. There are lull points where it's smoother sailing than others. It's really a select few dungeons that are most challenging, but not at all impossible. You'll definitely get the first taste of that with the Mad Dragon Dungeon boss. Epic dungeons 1/2 of the people are whining about all over the forums because they're impossible and 1/2 are whining that they're too easy once you (finally) figure out the right strategy, rinse, and repeat.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kendota wrote: »
    I'm level 30 and the game is getting easier. Does the content get more challenging? I love the controls I just wish there were some mobs that hit worth a ****. PvP is fun but I would love a hard dungeon! Should I just quit or will I finaly get out of "care bear" mode?

Well first of all the game isn't "to" anything, and secondly, you should probably hit 60 first (something quick and relatively easy) before making up your mind about pve content.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zephyrli wrote: »
    have you done the mad dragon dungeon yet? if not, wait until you do then come back and delete your thread. You will see why. the difficulty grade of these game takes a steep curve at the mid 30s and unless you gear well and stay ahead of that curve it can be quite difficult. Endgame gets easier again once you learn how to play boss fights properly, ie not just stand and attack but actively dodge, run, switch target focus appropriately. I thought hte same as you at this point in the game but you'll see a change quite soon dont worry :)

MD is not hard, it's just an average boss fight. IMO the two hardest dungeons are CN and Spellplague, and neither of those are that hard.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This entire game was designed for care bears, even though it's fun it's a fact. None of the content is even mildly challenging past the first time you run it.

This isn't necessarily something to be mad about though. It's tough to get more care bear than City of Heroes, yet that game was still fun up until it's shutdown.

I'll be brutally honest, the hardest part about Neverwinters dungeons are finding other players that are not brain damaged to run the content with. The sheer number of players that have zero clue about how to play with other people inside dungeons is staggering. If I ran with a guild, I imagine I'd be on farm mode in Castle Neverwinter by now. With the Queue, I might never see it.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What class are you Kendota? different classes have different "break points" of difficulty based on when they get effective abilities. As others have pointed out, the difficulty curve is a little off as well.

Its also worth bearing in mind that most of us beta-testers tend to be the more hardcore of the potential playerbase, with experience of other MMOs and a good understanding of the concepts. After release, when they start advertising more widely rather than mostly MMO-based sites, you can expect an influx of less-experienced people. The game difficulty is probably tuned to these "novices" rather than those of us old hands.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep it is, i see many people with full T2 sets and nothing much to do now.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kendota wrote: »

Wait until you try level 60 PVP with an entire team that's paid for stacks of Greater Tenebrous enchantments and 110% speed mounts.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wait until you try level 60 PVP with an entire team that's paid for stacks of Greater Tenebrous enchantments and 110% speed mounts.

Surely you aren't implying that PvP is P2W. After all, that's against the forum guidelines!

Of course, that assumes the other team is actually there. I feel bad for people that legitimately paid to win and can't because there's no one to fight. How sad.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC