test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A world of exploits aka why ask for money in a beta game?

lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey there.

I've been around since Neverwinter started and I'm getting more worried each day.
First off, I hate exploiting and I hate people doing it. Theres not a single day I'm not encountering exploits somehow and not seeing people sell the goods they earn through it for high amounts of AD and buy peoples ZEN with it, which those people bought with RL money. And that's just unfair.

The rate of exploiting is that high that through dungeonruns you get caught up in it so easily, that some begin to live with the bugs and the exploiting like it is nothing and a ok thing to do. i.e. theres not a single Epic Spider run that I've joined in which people didn't start to exploit something. First it was droping the boss dead by getting it to fall down (that was fixed), now it's things like jumping off somewhere and ending up at the bossfight instantly. If you ask those people why they do it they just say "Everyone is doing it" "It's ok, beta after all" or they just don't care. They fail to notice, that the x3 x4 ADs they earn and trade for Zen are just not ok and hurt all those people that put money into the game.

And the DEV's seem to not notice this aweful things, too. But It's their customers eh? They should care a bit more and stop thinking about the constant cashflow here. In my opinion they have to stop all purchases on the spot until every major exploit is fixed. What's happening atm is customers throwing their money onto players who did nothing or close to nothing or significantly less then they should for it.

After "caturday" hit us we just felt the peak of the iceberg of what is possible in this current bug ridden game. Not even that issue is resolved entirely, as I see close to anyone in dungeon running around with a cat all of a sudden and trails of possibly exploited AD everyday watching the market. Some people even control the market, 100k AD sells or buys appearing instantly or someone buying everything up and selling at higher prices. Ofc yes it "can" be rightfully earned AD's, but I very much doubt it after 1 month of gametime.

Another issue is, that these game mechanics allowed and allow scammers to do their work rly easily with these countless currencies and no information whatsoever for new players. How many people got scammed of enchanted keys (1.25 dollars) for like 10 Nightmare boxes worth nothing? Again noone seems to care. I've even hunted and reported the most evil of those scams to get some new players out of trouble. No response again. Stupid boxes...a problem so easy to fix. Why let this happen?

I know it's not right to talk about exploits and scams in the forum and maybe incite other people to try stuff out etc. but reporting issues doesn't resolve anything anymore and standing by and watching people who pay real money for this game getting scammed by unjust things isn't my way either.

What I know too, is, that now it's too late to rectify anything without drastic steps which will most likely never happen. So what I'm asking you with this, is that you don't stand by and watch people doing it or start doing it yourself. Please report more things and don't do runs in which people start exploiting. Say NO to exploits, even if anyone starts using em. If the DEV's don't care about their game that much, I want the community to care more. I will care, as fellow players in a multiplayer game are to be respected and treated like you want em to treat yourself. And I don't want em to rip my ZENs for free, scam me or start ninjalooting or afk-PvPing on me, so I won't do either.

Well enough of morals, feel free to talk about this and have fun playing!
Post edited by lariandesalver on

Comments

• Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I held back to complete tier 1 before moving on to 8300 requirement dungeons.

Did the pirate stronghold one, nothing but mass exploiting.

Feel no reason to log in any more, looks like this ones done.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They dont ask anything, you pay cuz you want your epeen bigger
  • Options
    lolpwelollolpwelol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Because it's not a beta
    2. Because they will never fix all exploits in a PWE game - too many client side controls
    3. Because it's a cash grab
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll just ignore all your rant and ask this:
    Are you forced to pay? No? Then why so mad?