test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF or DC?

zylodeuszylodeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Was just wondering which of these classes are sought out more? Mainly because I enjoy all the classes on Neverwinter so far, but I also enjoy solo-play and being able to queue for dungeons without waiting 30-60 minutes per queue. So was just wondering which class gets faster queues/which class guilds lack of out of GF and DC/which class is generally more useful?

Thanks in advance
Post edited by zylodeus on

Comments

• Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DC of course.
  • Options
    normanoftharnormanofthar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Just watch during the next dungeon delve in Protector's Enclave zone chat. No one asks for GF, everyone is asking for DC.
  • Options
    x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    zylodeus wrote: »
    Was just wondering which of these classes are sought out more? Mainly because I enjoy all the classes on Neverwinter so far, but I also enjoy solo-play and being able to queue for dungeons without waiting 30-60 minutes per queue. So was just wondering which class gets faster queues/which class guilds lack of out of GF and DC/which class is generally more useful?

Thanks in advance
    Sadly right now GF's are broken. If you want to do any Dungeons you will HAVE to choose the DC. Sorry but that is the honest truth.
  • Options
    kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    GF is useless atm. Nobody wants a GF in their party. DC is the most wanted class, considering most parties play with 2 DC
  • Options
    zylodeuszylodeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well then... these posts sure answer my question fast lol. Thanks for the feedback, I was actually in the middle of making a GF because I got all "Shields look cool!" mode, so much for that idea :P
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This a joke? DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    This a joke? DC

Read the OP, yes DC over GF, 100% for sure. He did not ask which class out of ALL.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I run a GF, gear score is just over 12k, and I run strictly with guild groups. I usually end the T2s having taken roughly twice as much damage as the 2nd person on the 'most damage taken' list, which I count a success really. I can keep aggro on the bosses about 85% of the fight, which the DC says he appreciates.

But yes, they are broken. It's insanely difficult to do a good job as a GF. I fail a lot but I'm getting a bit better each run I think. The GF does need some fixing but it's not completely useless, just about 80% useless really... at least until you get very well geared, then you can at least contribute, just not as much as a 2nd DC would. (My opinion.) I honestly think that if I had worked on a DC first and gotten him geared out to over a 12k GS, we'd have an easier time of instance runs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    platinu wrote: »
    I run a GF, gear score is just over 12k, and I run strictly with guild groups. I usually end the T2s having taken roughly twice as much damage as the 2nd person on the 'most damage taken' list, which I count a success really. I can keep aggro on the bosses about 85% of the fight, which the DC says he appreciates.

But yes, they are broken. It's insanely difficult to do a good job as a GF. I fail a lot but I'm getting a bit better each run I think. The GF does need some fixing but it's not completely useless, just about 80% useless really... at least until you get very well geared, then you can at least contribute, just not as much as a 2nd DC would. (My opinion.) I honestly think that if I had worked on a DC first and gotten him geared out to over a 12k GS, we'd have an easier time of instance runs.

I completely agree. My first character was a GF, he is STILL 32 and 2 lvls were from praying. I have a 60 DC and 60 TR. But I have to make clear one MAJOR point... You say in your post
    I fail a lot but I'm getting a bit better each run I think.
    You are 1000% wrong when you say that. It is in NO WAY your fault!! The FAULT lies with the broken GF mechanics, period. Don't sell yourself short, it's not you that's failing. :)
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »
    Read the OP, yes DC over GF, 100% for sure. He did not ask which class out of ALL.

When did I ever say that he did? Can you not read?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    When did I ever say that he did? Can you not read?

Whatever. :)