test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shears!

shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How does one acquire the ever elusive asset known as shears? And please don't tell me to purchase the profession packs; because I already did, both of them and neither contained a set of shears. I see them for sale on the auction and people are asking entirely too much for them. So, where did the price gougers get theirs from?
shautrusig.jpg
Post edited by shaudra on

Comments

• sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably the profession pack (I don't know where else they may come from). You could try trading in chat I suppose.
  • fimbulvinternfimbulvintern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thers a chans to get them trou the Leadership profession lvl 3 quest "scout area"
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thers a chans to get them trou the Leadership profession lvl 3 quest "scout area"

Excellent! Thank you.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can buy worn shears from the trade vendor, but sadly can't upgrade them like you can the other colors. :\
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    You can buy worn shears from the trade vendor, but sadly can't upgrade them like you can the other colors. :\

Trade Vendor! Forgot they existed. Thanks.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • spittfyre72spittfyre72 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you guys for this info! :)
  • drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Thank you guys for this info! :)
    The worn shears dont work for higher level tasks and cant be upgraded. I think this is a screw up and the devs need to add a task to transform 4 worn shears into an iron shear.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drunkensot wrote: »
    The worn shears dont work for higher level tasks and cant be upgraded. I think this is a screw up and the devs need to add a task to transform 4 worn shears into an iron shear.

They won't do that as Iron Shears are Zen store Profession pack items. What tasks are worn shears not working on?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The quality of the shears determines the quality of the final crafted product. There are 3 results and your quality weapons determine which results can happen. Having 50% quality gives a 50% chance of creating the first and second results, but no way to create the 3rd. Having 150% quality gives a 50% chance of creating the second and third results. To get the 3rd result, you need to use purple tools. Also creating the 3rd result unlocks a profession slot. The maximum is 160% and that is using all purples.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect they are refering to the advanced tool combines. 4 Iron Shears for 1 Steel Shear. Those recipies are only for Zen store profession pack tools and are not required at all to progress your crafting.
    edited May 2013
    And I have bought about 300k worth of profession assets (mostly greens) to get my high end assets. How did I get that AD you may ask? Well I did my 2 dailies back when they were giving 8k (now dropped to 4k.. boo!) at level 60 and also have leadership at level 17 which gives several tasks for AD (1200 and 1800 at times).
  • stratrat1956stratrat1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    I assume those Profession Packs are grab bags and you don't necessarily get iron anything in them?
    What? Me worry?
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Same way you do hammer spend money on zen and never see them come up only the same tools you already have and don't need. Now I think I have shears if you have a hammer to match it.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The quality of the shears determines the quality of the final crafted product. There are 3 results and your quality weapons determine which results can happen. Having 50% quality gives a 50% chance of creating the first and second results, but no way to create the 3rd. Having 150% quality gives a 50% chance of creating the second and third results. To get the 3rd result, you need to use purple tools. Also creating the 3rd result unlocks a profession slot. The maximum is 160% and that is using all purples.

I completely believe you but could you provide a source? I've not seen where such information is available.
  • keldinnlkeldinnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Link to wiki: professions on the wiki

Also, the profession asset pack (1600 zen) contains 5 assets in varying rarities (random) and are for random professions. So you will need to trade for the ones you want.
  • stratrat1956stratrat1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    keldinnl wrote: »
    Link to wiki: professions on the wiki

Also, the profession asset pack (1600 zen) contains 5 assets in varying rarities (random) and are for random professions. So you will need to trade for the ones you want.
    Wow. $16USD is kind of steep. I suppose I could try to collect about 640,000AD in-game and then buy it. But I am always buying those stones and keys.
    What? Me worry?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    I completely believe you but could you provide a source? I've not seen where such information is available.

It should be noted that it is mostly rare projects that have more than one possible result. There might be a couple of common projects that give more than one result like the gloves at level 20. Doing a rare project before level 10 only gives 2 possible results while rare projects after level 10 give 3 possible results.
  • klytustrueklytustrue Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, crud! I went and bought a bunch of 4 worn items thinking I'd be able to upgrade them because I thought "iron" was the same as "worn". That'll teach me to trust that Perfect World would ever let you have a shot at the good stuff without spending Zen. :(

"The man I was is the crucible which has forged the man I have become."
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klytustrue wrote: »
    Well, crud! I went and bought a bunch of 4 worn items thinking I'd be able to upgrade them because I thought "iron" was the same as "worn". That'll teach me to trust that Perfect World would ever let you have a shot at the good stuff without spending Zen. :(

It's all available on the AH.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev