test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove mounts from PvP

inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Those who bought their AD/Founder have a significant advantage over players who didn't. Not to mention that you can't even use them in dungeons, then why PvP?
Post edited by inmydot on

Comments

• Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NO!

The only way I can tell who is a bot or not..

Bots dont use MOUNTS! lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aside from that... It brings great unbalance in PvP :/
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just remember, this isn't P2W.

Now, enjoy your time PVPing against the guy on a level 3 mount who has stacked 5 Greater Tenebrous enchantments on his gear.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NO!

The only way I can tell who is a bot or not..

Bots dont use MOUNTS! lol

You could always try asking if everyone is here, Bots don't talk either. Its what I do.

But yeah, mounts really need to go, its supposed to be a PvP arena not a pay to win racing game..

Its very frustrating trying to deal with someone who can just roll away hop on his mount and rush to a potion. It doesn't even take time to mount up, its almost instant and you can do it mid fight. Not to mention that a level 3 mount can run across the map before you cap the first point trying to interrupt you, that alone is a huge advantage.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inmydot wrote: »
    Aside from that... It brings great unbalance in PvP :/

Just like gear differences. Or rogue presence.
    Welcome to MMOs where everything brings unbalance to pvp and pvp will never be perfectly balanced. Mounts are fine, just because you don't have one doesn't mean its OP. Oh and you can get them if you are active for free, like I did with 3k zen horse.
  • Options
    jerravonjerravon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather not see mounts in PvP (and I have one, by the way).
  • Options
    nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Welcome to MMOs where everything brings unbalance to pvp and pvp will never be perfectly balanced. Mounts are fine, just because you don't have one doesn't mean its OP. Oh and you can get them if you are active for free, like I did with 3k zen horse.

No, it's not the same as differences in gear or class. There's no monetary element to those advantages. You want better gear? Well you're earning glory from the PvP match, so you'll eventually close that gap or surpass is. You want a better class? Well re-rolling is free! You want a better mount? Then you either have to pay up or you're screwed. You can not use the "you can earn everything with AD" bandage to dissuade every argument against the flawed system. Earning a million AD is not something that you can do while also focusing on the element of the game you find enjoyable. You can't earn it through PvP. If you do go through the trouble of farming the million, well guess what - you have to employ selfish dungeon tactics (no one is making millions of AD selling gear without needing), do repetitive dailies for a maximum of 24K a day, and literally no spent a cent of AD on any of the other 10 or so Zen items which make you inferior to other players. The funny thing is, none of this would matter if there was a proper way to farm AD. No caps on the amount, no queuing, no dependence of random rolls of loot; just pure farming.

But nope.

Your argument could basically be used to excuse any sort of imbalance in the game, including blatant cheating.

"Well sure his hacking causes imbalance, but so does gear and class choice, welcome to MMOs!"

"Just because you don't have the hacks, doesn't make them OP!"

Utter nonsense.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just pay that $40 and stop complaining.
  • Options
    traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    It can't possibly be an in game advantage anyway because this game isn't Pay2Win.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    It can't possibly be an in game advantage anyway because this game isn't Pay2Win.

Of course it is. Everything in life is.

...just consider this game a shareware, you need to pay to get full version.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    No, it's not the same as differences in gear or class. There's no monetary element to those advantages. You want better gear? Well you're earning glory from the PvP match, so you'll eventually close that gap or surpass is.
    Buy zen, sell it for astrals, go to AH, buy all T2 gear, rings and weapons. Viola! Pay to win! See how that argument can be easily turned around? Yours would have actual value if there was no Zen to AD exchange. But since it exists, its not pay to win, only pay to save time, because sooner or later you WILL get the mount. Will you quit the game over not having the mount? Well, do so, if you think its that mandatory for you then save 800k ADs(3 T2 items on AH) and get yourself one.
    You want a better class? Well re-rolling is free! You want a better mount? Then you either have to pay up or you're screwed. You can not use the "you can earn everything with AD" bandage to dissuade every argument against the flawed system. Earning a million AD is not something that you can do while also focusing on the element of the game you find enjoyable.
    Sure you can't. But if you want to focus only on one element of mmo, why in the world would you be on equal field with someone who plays whole game?
    You can't earn it through PvP. If you do go through the trouble of farming the million, well guess what - you have to employ selfish dungeon tactics (no one is making millions of AD selling gear without needing), do repetitive dailies for a maximum of 24K a day, and literally no spent a cent of AD on any of the other 10 or so Zen items which make you inferior to other players. The funny thing is, none of this would matter if there was a proper way to farm AD. No caps on the amount, no queuing, no dependence of random rolls of loot; just pure farming.
    First, you can earn it through pvp, but it will take considerably longer time then doing dungeons and crafting, second, what does "selfish dungeon tactics" mean? You don't have to need on everything you can, just selling Drake weapons would be enough+you would get other stuff as well. No one who makes a decent amount of AD relies on dailies and you could spend ADs, just not more then you can earn. We can make decent amounts of AD via AH, if you won't learn how, then you won't achieve anything in the game anyway and just quit it.

Your argument could basically be used to excuse any sort of imbalance in the game, including blatant cheating.

"Well sure his hacking causes imbalance, but so does gear and class choice, welcome to MMOs!"

"Just because you don't have the hacks, doesn't make them OP!"

Utter nonsense.
    Utter nonsense indeed, but that is your argument you try to enforce, trying really too hard to undermine mine. I gave you rational explanations, you are the one jumping out with utter nonsense and I can even tell you why: Because you want to focus only on PvP, can't endure the thought that someone who does more tasks in game got advantage over you and you can't make any decent amount of ADs, thats why you want others to be forcefully dragged down to your level, instead of putting some commitment and improving your character.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Buy zen, sell it for astrals, go to AH, buy all T2 gear, rings and weapons. Viola! Pay to win! See how that argument can be easily turned around? Yours would have actual value if there was no Zen to AD exchange. But since it exists, its not pay to win, only pay to save time, because sooner or later you WILL get the mount. Will you quit the game over not having the mount? Well, do so, if you think its that mandatory for you then save 800k ADs(3 T2 items on AH) and get yourself one.

I won't quit anything. But I will call it a broken system that needs to be fixed, which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm allowed to voice my opinions on the imbalanced nature of PvP. And mounts are the problem.

It doesn't matter if you can pay real money to get gear that others have to work for, because that gear is still reasonably earnable once you hit 60. Asking you to accumulate a million+ AD (not 800K, have no idea where you're getting that number) is not reasonable. It's doable, but earning a billion AD is doable. Earning a trillion is doable. Walking across the sahara desert is doable. None of it is practical, none of it is fun, and none of it makes PvP a more compelling, skillful experience for the people who enjoy it. That should be the primary focus. Making the PvP fun, rewarding, and fair.
    First, you can earn it through pvp, but it will take considerably longer time then doing dungeons and crafting, second, what does "selfish dungeon tactics" mean? You don't have to need on everything you can, just selling Drake weapons would be enough+you would get other stuff as well. No one who makes a decent amount of AD relies on dailies and you could spend ADs, just not more then you can earn. We can make decent amounts of AD via AH, if you won't learn how, then you won't achieve anything in the game anyway and just quit it.

Utter nonsense indeed, but that is your argument you try to enforce, trying really too hard to undermine mine. I gave you rational explanations, you are the one jumping out with utter nonsense and I can even tell you why: Because you want to focus only on PvP, can't endure the thought that someone who does more tasks in game got advantage over you and you can't make any decent amount of ADs, thats why you want others to be forcefully dragged down to your level, instead of putting some commitment and improving your character.

Well as long as we're making assumptions about each other now, here's what I can gather from talking to you. It's clear you want imbalanced PvP because you're not good enough to play without the advantage. What you call being "forcefully dragged down" actually translates to, "having to develop some sort of skill since my expensive item is no longer carrying me through matches". And don't talk to me about "commitment". Do you know what these zen items are badges of? "Hey, I want to pay to skip the content of your game. Somehow this makes me a more worthwhile member of the community." And you have the nerve to bring up commitment? Laughable.

And what exactly is wrong with only wanting to play PvP and having an equal footing in the actual mode you want to be committed to? That makes perfect sense to me. You aren't forced to do PvP in order to earn awesome PvE items. No one says, "Hey, you better go PvP if you want to have this thing that gives you a clear advantage over people who only PvE."
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PVP is almost the entire reason to have a mount, let alone an epic.

What they should do, is add a pvp mount of some kind. They could even make a rentable epic for glory.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    salnasalna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mods need close those no mount or no epic mount threads instantly and give forum silence for 1 week as here is already numerous threads about mounts in pvp.
    So stop whine if don't like get one if lazy spending time get in zen shop for real money and support game devs.
    Hear silence.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why does everyone care about winning PvP. The way it is now, you get pretty good rewards for losing. Bragging rights, I guess?
    No one who makes a decent amount of AD relies on dailies and you could spend ADs, just not more then you can earn. We can make decent amounts of AD via AH, if you won't learn how, then you won't achieve anything in the game anyway and just quit it.

If you aren't earning Astral Diamonds through doing Dailies and not through professions, then you're exclusively earning them through AH? But you also say you do it without selling equipment from other classes? Do you mind if I ask how? Once greed-rolls become Bind on Pickup, I have no idea how I'm supposed to earn anything. I just can't imagine how you can possibly get that much Astral Diamonds just from selling the occasional gear that is both for your class and something you don't need. Tell me how to get the monies.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    salna wrote: »
    Mods need close those no mount or no epic mount threads instantly and give forum silence for 1 week as here is already numerous threads about mounts in pvp.
    So stop whine if don't like get one if lazy spending time get in zen shop for real money and support game devs.

No threads don't need to be closed just because you disagree with the message. There's numerous threads about every topic on the forum. That's how forums work. Oh and, "Either accept imbalanced gameplay or pay money to have the unfair advantage" is a ridiculous argument. For one thing, the gameplay is still imbalanced even if you are the one taking advantage of it. For people who value gameplay based on skill and talent (not you), then this is bad. Apply your last statement to anything else and it would sound ridiculous. "So stop whining about bots, if you don't like getting it get one!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I have a mount tyvm. I just dislike the unbalance that it brings, especially being a TR where I can't do anything against people mounting cause I have no ranged cc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I won't quit anything. But I will call it a broken system that needs to be fixed, which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm allowed to voice my opinions on the imbalanced nature of PvP. And mounts are the problem.
    And no one says you aren't. You think mounts are the problem, I think the damage scaling(CW&TR) and control is the PvP problem.
    It doesn't matter if you can pay real money to get gear that others have to work for, because that gear is still reasonably earnable once you hit 60. Asking you to accumulate a million+ AD (not 800K, have no idea where you're getting that number) is not reasonable. It's doable, but earning a billion AD is doable. Earning a trillion is doable. Walking across the sahara desert is doable. None of it is practical, none of it is fun, and none of it makes PvP a more compelling, skillful experience for the people who enjoy it. That should be the primary focus. Making the PvP fun, rewarding, and fair.
    If the gear is reasonably earnable at 60, so are ADs, because gear is BoP pand you can sell it. That is how I got my zen mount without spending anything. Wanted to get 4k zen one, settled with 3k zen one.
    And where did I took 800k, lets see, 500 zen cost about 170k ADs, multiply it by 6 and... um.... ok, you win, but its still pretty doable. If I managed to start as normal F2P player and get the mount before 1 month, everyone can.
    Oh and I need to calm you down a bit here, because you know, you are walking "utter nonsense" plane again.
    Moreover you are, for some unknown to me reason, thinking that PvP is in any way focus of the game. Well, it isn't, not now at least, thats why there is just a handful of rewards from it, two maps and absolutely no attempts at balancing anything other then seriously gamebreaking exploits. You are also for some reason think that PvP should be fair, in a level based MMO that puts extremely heavy weight on gear. This is where you are being confused. I don't know a single mmo that had balanced pvp, only ones who had it fun.

Well as long as we're making assumptions about each other now, here's what I can gather from talking to you. It's clear you want imbalanced PvP because you're not good enough to play without the advantage. What you call being "forcefully dragged down" actually translates to, "having to develop some sort of skill since my expensive item is no longer carrying me through matches". And don't talk to me about "commitment". Do you know what these zen items are badges of? "Hey, I want to pay to skip the content of your game. Somehow this makes me a more worthwhile member of the community." And you have the nerve to bring up commitment? Laughable.
    Yep, I definitely can't play without my IWIN cleric and GWF. I surely don't need anything to carry me, but if I earned something that gives me advantage over you I see no reason why I would be restricted to use it. We could take that argument to using pvp potions and not and end up at same conclusion, I've got it, you don't, you want it taken from me. Sure, if people want to trade Zen for ADs and get everything off AH, well, let them, if that is what gives them fun, they'll suck anyway. I have got everything, zen items including just by playing the content, give me ONE RATIONAL reason why I wouldn't be allowed to use what I've got? Again, I haven't spent a single euro on the game.
    And what exactly is wrong with only wanting to play PvP and having an equal footing in the actual mode you want to be committed to? That makes perfect sense to me. You aren't forced to do PvP in order to earn awesome PvE items. No one says, "Hey, you better go PvP if you want to have this thing that gives you a clear advantage over people who only PvE."
    And did I say anything is wrong with it?
    People going only PvP are fine.
    People going only PvE are fine.
    People throwing their money mindlessly at PWE are fine.
    What isn't fine is expecting player X who goes for most narrow part of the content to be on equal footing with player Y who does all the given content in any other way then equal skill.

And regarding your last sentence, its EXACTLY what is happening, people go PvP to get free gear to PvE better, therefore fresh 60s are getting clear advantage over people playing PvE only. Congratulations, you have just committed suicide with your own argument.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lets laugh this player dont have $30 to buy a mount lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Why does everyone care about winning PvP. The way it is now, you get pretty good rewards for losing. Bragging rights, I guess?

If you aren't earning Astral Diamonds through doing Dailies and not through professions, then you're exclusively earning them through AH? But you also say you do it without selling equipment from other classes? Do you mind if I ask how? Once greed-rolls become Bind on Pickup, I have no idea how I'm supposed to earn anything. I just can't imagine how you can possibly get that much Astral Diamonds just from selling the occasional gear that is both for your class and something you don't need. Tell me how to get the monies.

I'm doing all of it, dailies(mainly PvP, because this is the only reasonable one), professions(shirts and pants), and AH(buying from people who give things for free, putting it back for higher price, waiting more then 1 day and still having item sold) and selling drake items/T2 gear.

TBH I can't really imagine how it will be when gear will be BoP, but unless you can provide me dev post confirming it, I doubt in it happening.

@about people escaping on mounts:
    Why do you think they shouldn't be allowed to do that? You've made him run, you already won. Last time I've checked PvP here was about holding points, not amassing kills.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unbelievable of all the PVP whines now they're crying about mounts, that's just so laughable.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    shrewguy wrote: »
    But yeah, mounts really need to go, its supposed to be a PvP arena not a pay to win racing game..

well, it is racing, not horses but to capture the tower, so yea it is racing, still it is not a P2W because PvP is not main feature on the game. but .... I do agree, horses need to be exiled form pvp, or remove the "indomitable while riding horses" part.