test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck on Loading Screen

rocknrolla69rocknrolla69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After I login and select my character it goes to the loading screen for Protectors Enclave but never enters the game. The load bar finishes and then it just sits there forever.
Any ideas apart from re installing?
Post edited by rocknrolla69 on

Comments

• tristor86tristor86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue, I turned on forced verify and it didn't repatch. I've tried restarting the game and logging in 3 times. I'm on a basically fresh install of Windows 8 Pro x64 on a more than decent computer, so it's nothing system level. Guess I have to wait for the next patch.

EDIT:
    I did the following steps typically suggested, but it didn't help any.

In windows 7/8 it is
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

open the folder cache
    delete all contents

then open the folder .patch
    delete all contents

then open the folder prepatch
    then open the folder piggs
    delete all contents

restart your launcher and this will check and repatch

Unfortunately this has no effect. I reinstalled the game and got the exact same result as well. My system is below:

Windows 8 Pro x64
    i5-3570k
    32GB of Crucial Ballistic DDR3-2133
    GTX670 4GB
    4x Samsung 830 in RAID10
  • reikizenreikizen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tristor86 wrote: »
    I have the same issue, I turned on forced verify and it didn't repatch. I've tried restarting the game and logging in 3 times. I'm on a basically fresh install of Windows 8 Pro x64 on a more than decent computer, so it's nothing system level. Guess I have to wait for the next patch.

EDIT:
    I did the following steps typically suggested, but it didn't help any.

In windows 7/8 it is
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

open the folder cache
    delete all contents

then open the folder .patch
    delete all contents

then open the folder prepatch
    then open the folder piggs
    delete all contents

restart your launcher and this will check and repatch

Unfortunately this has no effect. I reinstalled the game and got the exact same result as well. My system is below:

Windows 8 Pro x64
    i5-3570k
    32GB of Crucial Ballistic DDR3-2133
    GTX670 4GB
    4x Samsung 830 in RAID10
    if it not working, why waste your time =.=
  • foenyx7foenyx7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See this link... the work-arounds listed helped me:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?298291-Stuck-at-Loading-protector-s-enclave&highlight=stuck+loading+screen
    There's 2 ways around this, until they patch it.

First way: start the game in Safe Mode (start the launcher, click in Options, select the Safe Mode box).

Second way, and the one I always use when I get stuck in PE: during character selection, turn the game into windowed mode and make the screen of the game just big enough for you to double-click on your character so you can log in to the game. This method has NEVER failed to work, for me at least.

Both ways have worked for me, when I accidentally forget about this Enclave bug and queue for dungeon/pvp from PE.

They really gotta fix the Enclave. This is extremely annoying, but at least there are way to bypass this bug.

I really hope they fix this soon, because it's extremely annoying.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FIX IS
    In character select turn graphics down. Log into game with character. Turn graphics back up.

This should work for everyone. There are other things to try but this is the simplest and seems to work for everyone. This is a temporary work around until Cryptic figures out what's wrong and fixes it.

I repeat...

FIX IS
    In character select turn graphics down. Log into game with character. Turn graphics back up.