test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HOLY S***, BOTS in PvP....

maniacjimmaniacjim Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
lil annoying... Just wanted to post that.
Post edited by maniacjim on

Comments

• Options
    smackjabber1smackjabber1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maniacjim wrote: »
    lil annoying... Just wanted to post that.

Yeah theirs a Free to DL bot going around for PVP and Foundry... this games going down hill VERY fast.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fanfreakingtastic. I like this game, but, this is a bit much.
  • Options
    touzsantouzsan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    The problem with free to play mmo is they can't spend real money to pay programmers to close these loopholes, they cant pay people to deal with prolbems like hacked acounts, they can't add new content that much, they cant fix many things at once, etc...

we got what we paid for a free game. I really hope ESO is not free to play, 15 bucks a month is not much per person really.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And they have no tech to detect those using it, or they would have been banned by now.
    It's hillarious, some of these devs have actually worked on previous mmo's yet none of them thought to make sure things like this could be detected easily and people banned.
    Heck, they even have unique codes for machines, a lot of people would be thick and just use the same machine they play with any main on, so if they wanted, they could ban the people and their associated accounts.
    Obviously this is something they want in the game, or its not a priority (because if it was, they would have acted a long time ago)
    They don't realise how much damage to the economy the bots are having, and because people aren't getting banned for it, more and more people are doing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its quite literally, every single match. Ive played a bunch of F2P, this is bad. Such a fun system, it would really suck for them to blow this entirely because they are too lazy and or not focused on this issue.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    touzsan wrote: »
    The problem with free to play mmo is they can't spend real money to pay programmers to close these loopholes, they cant pay people to deal with prolbems like hacked acounts, they can't add new content that much, they cant fix many things at once, etc...

You seem to be misinformed. Many ftp games make plenty of money. Some make more money for their size than similar sub based games. As for hiring people to get rid of bots. No one can do that. Right now there are still bots in WoW. The biggest pay to play game. There are more in ftp games because accounts are free. But money isn't the issue.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    this games going down hill VERY fast.

You mean this game is going downhill because there are bots like in... wait like in every **** mmo out there?
    The all so praised WoW couldn't get rid in of bots in all the years it is on the marked. Diablo 3 is flooded with bots. Guildwars has farming bots.

Farming bots are simply a part of every d*mn mmo which rewards doing a simple task over a long span of time.

Infact, NO farming bots would be a better sign for the game going downhill (because then noone would think the game is worth making a bot for it)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mageor0l wrote: »
    You mean this game is going downhill because there are bots like in... wait like in every **** mmo out there?
    The all so praised WoW couldn't get rid in of bots in all the years it is on the marked. Diablo 3 is flooded with bots. Guildwars has farming bots.

Farming bots are simply a part of every d*mn mmo which rewards doing a simple task over a long span of time.

Infact, NO farming bots would be a better sign for the game going downhill (because then noone would think the game is worth making a bot for it)

I agree with you. Just mitigate the flood of them a bit and I can handle it. I know the game is new. Im drunk and its extra frustrating right now. Hope they get a handle on it soon. I'm sure we can all hope for that. No one wants unregulated bots.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you. Just mitigate the flood of them a bit and I can handle it. I know the game is new. Im drunk and its extra frustrating right now. Hope they get a handle on it soon. I'm sure we can all hope for that. No one wants unregulated bots.

Well it takes time.

No one wants bots, but again WoW hasn't been able to do anything about it in 8 years. If you've never played it then I can practically guarantee a bot in every single bg which only gets worse late night. I have to police bgs all the time asking for people to report bots that I see. Talk about frustrating when a multi-billion dollar can't even get rid of bots.

Personally I haven't noticed that many bots other then full afk teams.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    Well it takes time.

No one wants bots, but again WoW hasn't been able to do anything about it in 8 years. If you've never played it then I can practically guarantee a bot in every single bg which only gets worse late night. I have to police bgs all the time asking for people to report bots that I see. Talk about frustrating when a multi-billion dollar can't even get rid of bots.

Personally I haven't noticed that many bots other then full afk teams.

Ix, llith l, Tc i, just to name a few. just sitting there, warming their circuits next to the fire. Bots each and every one. on my team more then once within an hours time. They exist trust me.
  • Options
    jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ix, llith l, Tc i, just to name a few. just sitting there, warming their circuits next to the fire. Bots each and every one. on my team more then once within an hours time. They exist trust me.

Whats worse is the party leaders that flat out refuse to kick them after the party asks them.
  • Options
    lapkinslapkins Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The amount of bots are ridiculous, 3 bots out of 5 in 1 pvp party. Just had it.
  • Options
    jerravonjerravon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Newbie question: How do you tell?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jlander wrote: »
    Whats worse is the party leaders that flat out refuse to kick them after the party asks them.

Hahaha, yea I know it. They wait until 3, 2, 1 start. Oh you meant me? The one with the crown. I can only hope they are new to NW pvp.
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jerravon wrote: »

Lets be clear what the "bots" are vs the AFKers..

AFKers are the ones sitting by fire, not moving, not doing anything. Unless they are kicked, they will get the same glory, exp, items that those that play..win or lose.

The bots:

These are the ones that run the same path over and over, and only use basic skills. MOST of the time have strange names..like IC234 or something but not always.

The best way to tell, is..they will NEVER use a mount during the match. Just watch and see if they RUN the same path every time they re-spawn.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jerravon wrote: »
    When someone stays at campfire and just hitting air, pretty much bot. Or when tr comes at you 15 times in a row when stops within 2 ft and starts throwing knives at you, and haven't used any encounter or daily for the whole battle, definetly a bot
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lapkins wrote: »
    When someone stays at campfire and just hitting air, pretty much bot. Or when tr comes at you 15 times in a row when stops within 2 ft and starts throwing knives at you, and haven't used any encounter or daily for the whole battle, definetly a bot

beat ya to it, lapkins! lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The ones that stay at the campfire and hit space bar a few times a minute are usually afkers not bots.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jlander wrote: »
    The ones that stay at the campfire and hit space bar a few times a minute are usually afkers not bots.
    hit nonestop
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hit nonestop

Oh, when you said hitting air I thought you meant hiting space bar a few times here and there.