test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Possibly the most inconvenient way to solve that Bot problem...

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Here's an inconvenient way to slow the Bot problem (if not solving it outright). When joining the party, a random 4 symbol code diamond would show up, with its solution showing up on a random part of the screen (away from the code input area and its small keyboard 6 symbol keyboard). You input the code before joinining the PvP session, and you input the code again each time you die. I don't think a Bot would be able to get through something like that easily though I've heard of it happening...

Of course... if you get one wrong a few too many times you get booted out of the session...
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    maniacjimmaniacjim Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can dig it. But, there will always be a reason thats its not implemented until it is and then no reason why it wasnt originally.
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Also another idea for arena pvp in general would be to shut the doors on the campfire spawn, so after you die you always spawn inside the battlefield. That will prevent people from staying on spawn because their team is losing.
  • Options
    gummibear2gummibear2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something like that would be a GREAT annoyance to legit players, and but a minor setback for bots, give it a 3-4 weeks and most bots can do them faster than any human ever will be able to.

Really... stop trying to think there is a way to outright solve bot problems, there aint and never will be, bots today can be made very sophisticated capable of doing most of the things any human being can as well, there will be bots ALWAYS, though there is ways to make it inconvenient for all but the most "hardcore" of them, but those means should have minimum impact on legit human players
  • Options
    maniacjimmaniacjim Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope so Zefsgr. I had 3 matches tonight with some people. They stayed there all 3 matches. I actually just started a convo with them cuz I was bored. One was from NC usa. The others from the dragon coast lol.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay. Never knew that bots could recognise images... goes to show what I know about computers...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*