test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the chat!

tayfalfostayfalfos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I will start with a confession, I'm muted, and I'm pissed. However, reviewing the details makes me think that the chat genuinely needs to be fixed.

There needs to be some sort of divide between LFG, and trade chat in protector's enclave. its a mess to look at, and anyone who tries to make their voice heard with more messages just gets a 24 hour mute as long as any 20 random people report you. That is a TINY number, for such a large MMO. Furthermore, my reports were due to me spamming
LF 1 dps + healer T2 DD. 3 times. So it looked like this

LF 1 dps + healer T2 DD
LF 1 dps + healer T2 DD
LF 1 dps + healer T2 DD

I sent this message about every 30 seconds.
However, even with that, my message disappears in like 4 seconds, tops (literal figure, you go try it at 8-9 on dragon). But one guy, yells, someone mute tayfalfos, and all of a sudden, i get a mute. Really? Single line zone chat simply doesn't get your voice heard, picking a single message out during peak hours just makes your eyes hurt. Ive seen a DC go, DC LF T2 DD, followed by groups LF DC T2. and they keep doing that. No one can even read each others messages. Im not justifying spamming, ok well i am, but its an inevitability caused by the system. Spamming will go down once the enclave zone chat slows down, and silencing and pissing off the people trying to play the game is not a long term solution. Please please PLEASE split trade and LFG by creating an extra channel, its the easiest way, and we can see how it goes. I try my best for the sake of my group, and feel like I got punished for it.
Post edited by tayfalfos on

Comments

• oif7greenmedicoif7greenmedic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try and mute every single person that spams 2 or 3 lines like that. Its a terrible system but its all we got atm. *much* easier to find party mates in the zones than in PE. If all the wts/wtb spam would go away to another channel the LFG aspects wouldnt be that terrible. Unless people keep spamming the same 3-4 lines with *****************
    LFG ************* <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they think gets people attention(which just gets them muted). Sanctioned LFG and Trade channels are sorely needed. Again tho sorry bout your mute but you rapid post 3 lines im gonna mute ya
  • corleone33corleone33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed that 20 people isn't a realistic representation of server population. Spam report silencing is there to quickly shut down gold spammers and people who are a serious detriment to communication in an area.

It's too bad you feel like you have to three-peat a single line message in order to be heard in zone, but honestly you were sort of in the wrong as well, but for the right reason IMO.

Give us a dedicated, official Trade and LFG channel that default to colors with decent contrast to the basic zone chat and this will end.
  • tayfalfostayfalfos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, Im in agreement that Im in the wrong, I wish I didnt have to do what I have to do, but when you gotta DD, you gotta DD =p.

That aside, it seems like everyone just wants sanctioned trade and LFG channels, why is the opinion not being voiced more? I mean, I can't imagine anyone saying that its a terrible idea. I feel that implementation wouldn't be that difficult either, unless somehow PWE tied their chat system directly into zones and theres no way to get cross zone chat... but that sounds so silly and inefficient I dont wanna believe it.

I also wanna beg ppl to be less liberal with their mutes, we are also ppl just trying to play the game, muting us is essentially like a 24 hour ban. can't send tells, cant even yell for help when i go down... its quite sad T_T in an MMO to not be able to talk. We aren't bad people, just trying to make the most of a bad situation.