test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adventurer's Friend Packs!

rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Want a new companion to join you on your adventures in Neverwinter? Nows your chance!

For a limited time, all Adventurers Helper Packs in the Neverwinter Zen Market have become Adventurer's Friend Packs, and will grant you a bonus uncommon companion, such as the Cleric Disciple, Dog, Man-at-Arms, or Wayward Wizard.

Please note that this promotion is only for Adventurers Friend Packs purchased through the in-game Zen Market, and ends on June 11. So get yours today!

Oh boy.. Prepare for the "Stop introducing new en store items and fix the bugs!" bridgae in 3.. 2.. 1
Post edited by rapticor on

Comments

• Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    like-a-boss-meme-generator-present-a-product-like-a-boss-11256f.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    lilmomcrowlilmomcrow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least we are seeing some upgraded versions of companions....hopefully the books are next to be implemented......?
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    So they are putting the upgraded companion into lotto boxes ?

1500 zen for the cleric companion that can get to lvl 20. What's next ? another 2000 zen for 25 cleric companion and 3000 zen for lvl 30 cleric companion ?
  • Options
    fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    So they are putting the upgraded companion into lotto boxes ?

1500 zen for the cleric companion that can get to lvl 20. What's next ? another 2000 zen for 25 cleric companion and 3000 zen for lvl 30 cleric companion ?

Indeed. I don't mind spending money on this game since I already spend just under 300 euro on it, but this is just a slap in the face. What the heck are they thinking? We have to spend real money and not a little either to not even upgrade the ones we have, but to buy new versions of them that can only reach a bloody 5 lvls higher? What the...

I love the game, but this is just too disgusting. Almost starting to look back at the Allods Online cash shop with longing compared to the thing going on here. Spend 150 euro on crafting packs which so far feel like a complete and utter waste of money and now this.

This is not just doing business, this is looking at the customers and instead of adding the training tomes into the game they give us the finger and walk away laughing.

As I said; I don't mind spending money on games and already spend a lot on this one, but this makes me sick.
  • Options
    t0lkien1t0lkien1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just realized Perfect World is a Chinese company. I looked it up because these monetization tactics are the same as other Chinese MMOs and it raised my suspicions. The culture of Chinese money making is different to that in the West, and it's pretty brutal. I've been to China many times and love the place, but money is king there. I know how this works now, and so.... no money from me I'm afraid. AD all the way.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    t0lkien1 wrote: »
    I just realized Perfect World is a Chinese company. I looked it up because these monetization tactics are the same as other Chinese MMOs and it raised my suspicions. The culture of Chinese money making is different to that in the West, and it's pretty brutal. I've been to China many times and love the place, but money is king there. I know how this works now, and so.... no money from me I'm afraid. AD all the way.

Yep, we aren't in China PWE needs to learn the western market and until they do my wallet remains closed.
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure they'll (Cryptic or PWE) will milk the playerbase for as much Zen-purchases as possible then finally "fix" the "issue with companion training tomes". And suddenly, they'll be there......for AD. Lots and lots of AD (starting at 1 million, 2 million, 3 million (uncommon, rare, epic))....then they'll probably implement 'perma-death' for companions, but only for uncommon or above.

And since the AI is absolute junk (my cleric repeatedly runs into melee range for no reason). You'll be buying a new companion pretty much every week (took me ~5days to get my panther [epic] to R30; including switching out to Cleric).
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    lilmomcrow wrote: »
    At least we are seeing some upgraded versions of companions....hopefully the books are next to be implemented......?

or it can be backwards, this came out is why tome of upgrade not out yet
  • Options
    myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I really love the gameplay in Neverwinter, however the more I get into the game and realise what is going on with the cash shop and the fact, no matter what people say about you don't need to buy Zen cos you can earn Astral Diamonds, that the game is slowly pushing you to buy Zen unless you want to turn Neverwinter into a mindless Eastern grind fest.
    In the end it is not the game that will make me leave for another MMO it is the typical PW cash shop (it is already bad with the 1% chance of fusing shards and weapon/ armour specific enchants).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    canibalolercanibaloler Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    "Stop introducing new zen store items and fix the bugs!"

This is totally ridiculous -_-

gg PWE

/game uninstall