test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has the Game Been Fixed Up At All?

jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I've taken about a week and a half break from the forums. I'm curious how the economy's doing, and if any of the bugs or balanced issues have been patched up yet? If they're actually making an effort to patch up the game I may reinstall, but if all that's happened is PR speak I don't think I'll bother.
Post edited by jmerithew on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump, I'd really like an honest answer. I want to like this game lol
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    So I've taken about a week and a half break from the forums. I'm curious how the economy's doing, and if any of the bugs or balanced issues have been patched up yet? If they're actually making an effort to patch up the game I may reinstall, but if all that's happened is PR speak I don't think I'll bother.

No, many other bugs and exploits have come to light. AH was taken down again, bots rule PvP, GF can get EPIC gear around lvl 38 (not to mention they can still one shot everything), list can go on ..and on..and on..

I too wanted the game to be good..or at least passable at start, but in the state its in, there is no way.

(Now here comes the Fan Boys Flames of Death lol)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, many other bugs and exploits have come to light. AH was taken down again, bots rule PvP, GF can get EPIC gear around lvl 38 (not to mention they can still one shot everything), list can go on ..and on..and on..

I too wanted the game to be good..or at least passable at start, but in the state its in, there is no way.

(Now here comes the Fan Boys Flames of Death lol)
    Thank you for the response. It's such a shame. I almost always tank in mmos, and I really love the playstyle of the GF. But when the healer does a better job tanking by spamming heals and running around like a chicken with their head cut off, I just can't enjoy myself. That's not even mentioning the exploits and everything else, but I'd be slightly more understanding if the amount of issues was much smaller.
  • Options
    desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in no way a fanboy. I started with Runescape, went o FFXI, then GW1, then Rappelz, the WoW:BC, then Age of Conan, then Warhammer, then WoW: WotLK, then RIFT, then WoW: Cata, then SWTOR, then LoL, then GW2.....

And now Neverwinter. Needless to say I love MMOs. I have been playing them for 12~ years. Runescape, SWTOR and WoW being my favorite MMO experiences. (LoL the best overall, but not a MMO) Runescape for just being unknowingly fun in my younger years (was top 100 world in Fishing), SWTOR for its great polished design right at launch and GREAT single player, and WoW for the large group (Raids) instancing. Runescape died as my desire for cartoonist graphics declined (got older), SWTOR died when I reached endgame (was like the Wal-Mart version of WoW endgame), and WoW died once they released the "Raid Finder" and announced pet battles in their next expansion (Pandaland).

So I landed on the D&D realm after some searching and trailing, Neverwinter. Finally I found a home again (Elder Scrolls Online might pull me away though).

I was happy that I could get straight into the game even though it is in Beta. Found out it was in OPEN Beta and they wont be wiping the current servers for the official launch (Pointless though, as I assure you they will release a new shard, and 90% of the population will either move or start there.)

Just sit back and realize you are playing an OPEN BETA game for free, and all your progress will be saved after launch.

Complaining that the classes aren't balanced, there are exploits, lag problems, post-patch issues, support ticket delays, server downtime, or whatever else, it VERY ridiculous. IT IS IN OPEN BETA, one more time, OPEN BETA. Arguing that there is a cash store doesn't change that it is IN OPEN BETA.

Cash store = faster and more polished launch, and yes of course, more money for PWE. They are a for-profit company, money is a big goal.

Look at the big, bad World of Warcraft. Beta took FOREVER, they wiped your accounts numerous times, and then it was a complete box of hot garbage for a LONG time after launch. Not to mention its first raid content was retardedly difficult.

Stay here, play the game, report bugs, donate to the production through the cash store, and hope for the best at launch. With all my experience with MMOs, I know we wont be disappointed.

Or you can uninstall and leave. The choice is yours. Just dont become just another childish forums rat, ranting over every single issue an OPEN BETA game has.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump, I'd really like an honest answer. I want to like this game lol

They haven't really fixed anything, the game is actually getting worse every day now...
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

New spider companion.
  • Options
    jskinner937jskinner937 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    desoro wrote: »
    I am in no way a fanboy. I started with Runescape, went o FFXI, then GW1, then Rappelz, the WoW:BC, then Age of Conan, then Warhammer, then WoW: WotLK, then RIFT, then WoW: Cata, then SWTOR, then LoL, then GW2.....

And now Neverwinter. Needless to say I love MMOs. I have been playing them for 12~ years. Runescape, SWTOR and WoW being my favorite MMO experiences.

You lost credibility in my eyes after this...I quit reading. WoW is for the biggest of nerds and kids...hahaha.

But it is an open beta, and it was said upfront that no server wipe will be done, and since the economy is broken and nothing is being done about....hence all the doomsayers. And I disagree that everyone will jump servers, especially when people have been playing this game for over a month now and have established toons. The only good thing about this situation is that only your characters are locked to a particular server and not your account.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

And now Neverwinter. Needless to say I love MMOs. I have been playing them for 12~ years. Runescape, SWTOR and WoW being my favorite MMO experiences. (LoL the best overall, but not a MMO) Runescape for just being unknowingly fun in my younger years (was top 100 world in Fishing), SWTOR for its great polished design right at launch and GREAT single player, and WoW for the large group (Raids) instancing. Runescape died as my desire for cartoonist graphics declined (got older), SWTOR died when I reached endgame (was like the Wal-Mart version of WoW endgame), and WoW died once they released the "Raid Finder" and announced pet battles in their next expansion (Pandaland).

So I landed on the D&D realm after some searching and trailing, Neverwinter. Finally I found a home again (Elder Scrolls Online might pull me away though).

I was happy that I could get straight into the game even though it is in Beta. Found out it was in OPEN Beta and they wont be wiping the current servers for the official launch (Pointless though, as I assure you they will release a new shard, and 90% of the population will either move or start there.)

Just sit back and realize you are playing an OPEN BETA game for free, and all your progress will be saved after launch.

Complaining that the classes aren't balanced, there are exploits, lag problems, post-patch issues, support ticket delays, server downtime, or whatever else, it VERY ridiculous. IT IS IN OPEN BETA, one more time, OPEN BETA. Arguing that there is a cash store doesn't change that it is IN OPEN BETA.

Cash store = faster and more polished launch, and yes of course, more money for PWE. They are a for-profit company, money is a big goal.

Look at the big, bad World of Warcraft. Beta took FOREVER, they wiped your accounts numerous times, and then it was a complete box of hot garbage for a LONG time after launch. Not to mention its first raid content was retardedly difficult.

Stay here, play the game, report bugs, donate to the production through the cash store, and hope for the best at launch. With all my experience with MMOs, I know we wont be disappointed.

Or you can uninstall and leave. The choice is yours. Just dont become just another childish forums rat, ranting over every single issue an OPEN BETA game has.

Cheers.
    I've spoken my peace in other threads about how I feel about the "Open Beta", so I'm not going to hash it out here, but tyvm for your opinion
  • Options
    desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And now Neverwinter. Needless to say I love MMOs. I have been playing them for 12~ years. Runescape, SWTOR and WoW being my favorite MMO experiences.

You lost credibility in my eyes after this...I quit reading. WoW is for the biggest of nerds and kids...hahaha.

But it is an open beta, and it was said upfront that no server wipe will be done, and since the economy is broken and nothing is being done about....hence all the doomsayers. And I disagree that everyone will jump servers, especially when people have been playing this game for over a month now and have established toons. The only good thing about this situation is that only your characters are locked to a particular server and not your account.

Typical forums rat I was talking about. Really? This is D&D. D&D, the game title everyone uses to make fun of MMO players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with desoro 100%

I am in no way rich, not even close, but I have sunk almost $700 on this game to date. This may seem ridiculous given all the dramas the game is having so why did I do this? Basically I just think of this game as one big Kickstarter project. My donation so far has allowed me various perks just like any other kickstarter project, namely the founder pack, guardian of the north loot etc etc.

Also like other kickstarter projects, the company needs funds to further progress the development of the game, which can take a year or 2 like most other game projects. I'm certainly not expecting a polished product 1 month after release! The beauty of this game though is that I can play the game while in beta, and contribute to the development of the game in both financial and technical terms.

I guess I just like being part of the solution instead of part of the problem. :)
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Agree with desoro 100%

I am in no way rich, not even close, but I have sunk almost $700 on this game to date. This may seem ridiculous given all the dramas the game is having so why did I do this? Basically I just think of this game as one big Kickstarter project. My donation so far has allowed me various perks just like any other kickstarter project, namely the founder pack, guardian of the north loot etc etc.

Also like other kickstarter projects, the company needs funds to further progress the development of the game, which can take a year or 2 like most other game projects. I'm certainly not expecting a polished product 1 month after release! The beauty of this game though is that I can play the game while in beta, and contribute to the development of the game in both financial and technical terms.

I guess I just like being part of the solution instead of part of the problem. :)
    No offense dude, but I think you're kindof part of the problem. The people that pump out stupid amounts of money for a half finished product just encourage a company to do it, instead of rethinking how they do things.
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If nothing is fixed after a year I will bow down and scrape at your feet, claiming you the wise person you are. :)
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If nothing is fixed after a year I will bow down and scrape at your feet, claiming you the wise person you are. :)
    No bowing required, I'd just be more wary in the future. With how Cryptic's handled their other mmos I'm not super hopeful. I'm definitely not wishing for this game to implode, it's got ALOT of potential. The combat and the Foundry were 2 things the genre really needed
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Agree with desoro 100%

Best quote I have seen on these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shroommageshroommage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are still countless problems. Bugs are fixed very slowly, and design-related problems (need rolling, random party leaders, PvP AFKing, "report spam" spamming, automatic account bans for typing certain keywords, etc.) are either ignored or said to be "working as intended" until they become completely out of control and no sooner.

If you took a break because you weren't having fun, you aren't going to have fun by coming back.

I'm sorry, but the open beta argument just doesn't hold water. It's nothing more than relabeling. If people aren't having fun, they aren't having fun.
    Agree with desoro 100%

This is nothing like a Kickstarter project. Kickstarter is crowd funding. Neverwinter was not and is not funded by players. It is funded by Cryptic, PWE, and any investors they may have. The money you give them is not going toward the development of the game. It is profit.

Furthermore, a Kickstarter project has a goal. If the goal is not reached, the funders are not charged. Neverwinter has no goal, as it has already been funded. That makes your $700 more of a donation, a donation that doesn't even fund the project. All you funded was PWE's wallet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shroommage wrote: »
    There are still countless problems. Bugs are fixed very slowly, and design-related problems (need rolling, random party leaders, PvP AFKing, "report spam" spamming, automatic account bans for typing certain keywords, etc.) are either ignored or said to be "working as intended" until they become completely out of control and no sooner.

If you took a break because you weren't having fun, you aren't going to have fun by coming back.

I'm sorry, but the open beta argument just doesn't hold water. It's nothing more than relabeling. If people aren't having fun, they aren't having fun.

This is nothing like a Kickstarter project. Kickstarter is crowd funding. Neverwinter was not and is not funded by players. It is funded by Cryptic, PWE, and any investors they may have. The money you give them is not going toward the development of the game. It is profit.

Furthermore, a Kickstarter project has a goal. If the goal is not reached, the funders are not charged. Neverwinter has no goal, as it has already been funded. That makes your $700 more of a donation, a donation that doesn't even fund the project. All you funded was PWE's wallet.
    Thank you for the response. With the way things are going idk if this game truly will be fixed. It's hard to be motivated to fix problems when you're getting money thrown at you either way.