What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In search of Innocence

revelationmdrevelationmd Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Quest Name: In search of Innocence by @revelationmd

Foundry code: NW-DL8DTYYPS.

Currently in need of review.

Heavy on story/plot. Expect to read (and think) alot to get the most out of the quest. Will probably appeal to roleplayers though there are some tough fights - could be challenging for solo play.

Average play time: 45 mins

Hakim Sal-Saradeshi Hakeeni of Calimport (he for whom the sun shines) implores noble heroes to come to his aid. A villainous caravan guard, abusing the good and generous nature of the merchant Hakim Sal-Saradeshi Hakeeni of Calimport (he whose smile shames the radiance of a spring dawn) has drugged and kidnapped his favourite daughter Valeena.

Much gratitude manifesting as golden riches await the kindly souls that return the beloved to her father Hakim Sal-Saradeshi Hakeeni of Calimport (he whose piety is beyond reproach).

The Merchant Hakim Sal-Saradeshi Hakeeni of Calimport (he for whom the windswept trees bow) awaits your aid at his temporary campsite in a clearing where the Neverwinter woods meet the Crags. Make haste!

*A rough map showing the location of the camp is scrawled beneath the text*
Quest Name: In search of Innocence | Foundry code: NW-DL8DTYYPS.

Heavy on story/plot. Expect to read (and think) a lot to get the most out of the quest. Will probably appeal to roleplayers though that is not to say that there are no tough fights - could be challenging for solo play.
Post edited by revelationmd on

Comments

• revelationmdrevelationmd Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quest edited 29th/5 - added a few atmospheric effects to the final showdown.

Heavy on story/plot. Expect to read (and think) a lot to get the most out of the quest. Will probably appeal to roleplayers though that is not to say that there are no tough fights - could be challenging for solo play.
  • darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I'll give it a whirl tonight.
    Check out mine too? I'd love some feedback on it.
    NW-DGYWG5HJ4
  • mrrobsworldmrrobsworld Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've put your quest on my to-do list. Please check mine out as well.
    Descendant of Simon Part 1 -- NW-DDMY3WOTA --
    I'll run through yours tomorrow.
    Thanks.
    edited May 2013
    First off, let me just say that I'm a big fan of roleplay and story, so this quest was right up my alley! However, I do have a few things that I'll say about it that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating. (I gave a 4 instead).
    1) It was a little long, granted the story was appropriate, but I felt there were a few times that the long hallways with nothing in them added to that legnth a tiny bit. Atmosphere was nice, but since the quest is a little legnthy, it could add to frustrations that wouldn't normally be there for players who enjoy the story.
    2) Enemy grouping was a little tight for my taste.
    3) And I know that this is just me being a grammar maniac, but in the beginning, the Guard who blames the handmaidens for the girl being stolen, he says "your" instead of "you're" at some point during the dialogue.
    Hope this advice helps!
    edited May 2013
    Thanks.

I've got some time to kill before the wife comes home. I'll run through yours as well.
    Give mine a shot too while you're at it?
    NW-DGYWG5HJ4
  • mrrobsworldmrrobsworld Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darriot777 wrote: »
    I've got some time to kill before the wife comes home. I'll run through yours as well.
    Give mine a shot too while you're at it?
    NW-DGYWG5HJ4

sweet,,,yours is already on my list....ha
    edited May 2013
    Thanks.

Great stuff! I loved the use of the webbing! It was everywhere and very well placed. At times, it got in the way of my camera while I was fighting. Awesome touch, keep it!
    A couple of notes:
    1) How would a person know that a wizard was highly skilled in life, just by looking at his bones?
    2) When talking to the servant of Morgoff a dialogue option says "oh,,, you're going to kill me?" instead of "oh... you're going to kill me?" Tricky commas getting in the way. lol
    3) Also, the crypt keeper says "thank you" when you complete the quest, there's no space between the players name and the "thank you."
    Hope the advice helps!
    edited May 2013
    Thanks all - not been able to get in game the last couple of nights but I'm planning to be on at the weekend and hopefully will give all your foundry's a go!

edited May 2013
    darriot777 wrote: »
    First off, let me just say that I'm a big fan of roleplay and story, so this quest was right up my alley! However, I do have a few things that I'll say about it that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating. (I gave a 4 instead).
    1) It was a little long, granted the story was appropriate, but I felt there were a few times that the long hallways with nothing in them added to that legnth a tiny bit. Atmosphere was nice, but since the quest is a little legnthy, it could add to frustrations that wouldn't normally be there for players who enjoy the story.
    2) Enemy grouping was a little tight for my taste.
    3) And I know that this is just me being a grammar maniac, but in the beginning, the Guard who blames the handmaidens for the girl being stolen, he says "your" instead of "you're" at some point during the dialogue.
    Hope this advice helps!

Thanks darriot. Appreciate the feedback!
    Regarding:
    1) Yeah, I know the hallway you mean but.... it was only uneventful because you did the right thing (flee the darkness). Hang around for a bit and it gets VERY eventful.
    2) Yep, it is tough for solo - I'm still learning with regards to getting the balance right between fun+challenging and annoying. So feedback received and appreciated.
    3) Bit of a grammar maniac myself so appreciate that being brought to my attention - will fix ASAP!

• meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    Encountered an odd bug where when opening the door into the pit area I got teleported back to the front.

Other than that, I think your quest is very nicely done.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
    edited June 2013
    That IS odd. Not seen that before or had anyone else comment that they have had the same. I'll certainly see if I can replicate it though. Thanks for the feedback!