test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon queue party formations

bearsusbearsus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So you queue up for an epic dungeon and find yourself in a party consisting of 3 TR, 1 CW and 1 GWF. You spent maybe 1-3 minutes in the queue and figured it's not that big of a time to lose, so you leave the party, giving everyone else the small chance a cleric and then tank (in case someone does what you did) joins the group. You join the queue again, and after a few minutes you press shift+1 to join, and bam, a group of 2 wizards, 1 rogue, 1 cleric. No tank, hmm. you decide to wait a bit to see if anyone leaves, someone does, and you cross your fingers and wish for a tank. Instead, another TR joins. The person who earlier left was the party leader, so his lead position is given to someone else who then, probably looks at the group formation to see who should be kicked, and since there are now two TRs, he/she kicks the other one. Eventually you either leave the party/get kicked and repeat the thing.

Yes, it's ideal to be in a guild or have friends to play with so you won't have this problem all the time but still.

TL;DR: There's no role selection system. And I think it kind of sucks. =(

Is one going to be implemented like ever?

amitheonlyone.jpg
bearsussig.jpg
Post edited by bearsus on

Comments

• gyridhgyridh Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    group of 2 wizards, 1 rogue, 1 cleric. No tank
    This is very close to the ideal party composition. Another cleric would be perfect.
  • akostisakostis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Its also to due with the fact that ALOT of TR's are in game now. They are the FoTM due to their cheesieness. There are not alot of Clerics in game because it is a thankless job just like in other MMO's There are more and more Melee turning up in game as well as of late. GF's and GWF's are becoming more prevalent as people are getting bored with their main which may be a Cleric or CW.... I fear its just going to be this way nothing we can do about it.

Regards
  • bearsusbearsus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gyridh wrote: »
    This is very close to the ideal party composition. Another cleric would be perfect.
    Youre missing my point ^^
    bearsussig.jpg
  • bearsusbearsus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akostis wrote: »
    Its also to due with the fact that ALOT of TR's are in game now. They are the FoTM due to their cheesieness. There are not alot of Clerics in game because it is a thankless job just like in other MMO's There are more and more Melee turning up in game as well as of late. GF's and GWF's are becoming more prevalent as people are getting bored with their main which may be a Cleric or CW.... I fear its just going to be this way nothing we can do about it.

Regards
    Well yeah, thats true, but still if there was an implementation of i.e role selection, the problem could be at least partly fixed.
    CW: DPS
    TR: DPS
    GWF: DPS, offtank(?)
    GF: tank, DPS
    DC: DPS, heal, also tank?

not sure what each class is capable of as my acc only has 2 char slots and only have 1 level 60. but still.
    bearsussig.jpg
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think that the QUE is horribly off level wise besides group make up.
    I keep trying to Get Mad Dragon Done, I am 35, but when I que I get in groups with all 30s, and usually no other DC or a CW.

Also, I agree with above poster, you don't need a tank. Every dungeon/skirmish I did was a breeze until Mad Dragon--but these were all caster and divine heavy, with maybe a TR.