test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Block Bug

vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have seen this posted before, but I can't find it, so...

Since the last patch, whenever I press shift, my GF raises his shield properly. The thing is, some of these times (I'd say a rough 10-15%), he doesn't actually block. The shield is up, but he takes damage, even with a full guard meter. If I keep the shield up when this happens, he blocks none of the hits until he drops his stance and then starts blocking again.

P.S.: Quite gamebreaking for us GFs, I wonder what the reaction would be like if something similar happened to the Rogue :p
Post edited by vheraun on

Comments

• Options
    yokoono2yokoono2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, i have exactly the same bug, just after the patch.

the first block works then if I press forward, and blcok again ( fast ), the second block bug, and the shield doesn't block anything, and you can run backward, strafe with a wrong run animation.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a bug, it's just gone server side.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »

What do you mean ? I still have this bug. And I had not before the patch. Guardian is now terribly to play, I should make a video explaining what's happens...
  • Options
    immeralisimmeralis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yea ok this makes no sense. Please post things that are not gibberish. I have the same bug, and now my guardian take ridiculous amounts of damage. Has anyone addressed this?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here, i've done a little video showing the shield's bug :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcLSlSfdZKM

So : block + forward + quick block = you run witth a bug animation, and you take all the damage in your face.
    : block + strafe right/left + quick block = seems to still work, but not sure about that.

So now, i can't block an incomming damage if i was just a second before blocking. Not cool :/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so it seems we are not a lot of people experiencing this bug... however, the bug is still here i just tried ingame... Makes the guardian totaly unplayable ( and of course i tried another keymapping )

i try everyday, hopping it would be fixed... but i don't know for how long i'll try..
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vheraun wrote: »
    I have seen this posted before, but I can't find it, so...

Since the last patch, whenever I press shift, my GF raises his shield properly. The thing is, some of these times (I'd say a rough 10-15%), he doesn't actually block. The shield is up, but he takes damage, even with a full guard meter. If I keep the shield up when this happens, he blocks none of the hits until he drops his stance and then starts blocking again.

P.S.: Quite gamebreaking for us GFs, I wonder what the reaction would be like if something similar happened to the Rogue :p

I am having the same block bug on my GF.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    They say they are on it. But who knows how long it will take. They are busy putting out companions to the zen-store instead it seems.
  • Options
    wezull2013wezull2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having same bug. Hoping this will be fixed very soon. It's very depressing taking all this unnecessary damage.
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    ....../bump
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It is bugged, just because it's gone server side doesn't mean it's not bugged.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    takeucitakeuci Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah my GF have this bug too, it's very annoying, i have to take unnecessary damage because of a faulty mechanic
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Up !

My Shield is still bug...
  • Options
    brazilianguybrazilianguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when ppl say "it's gone server side" they dont really know what they are saying, its not a lag issue 'cause even if u keep pressing the key for a minute, it makes no diference. so its not a lag issue and not just the GF shows as defending, he attacks with the defense stance bonus and speed. also, even taking dmg while in defense stance, u cant use potions or skills. So it is a bug, and need to be fixed ASAP.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you read the update notes you will see that the Block issue will be addressed with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]