test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bots in pvp

cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Please fix this problem oh mighty and half asleep Cryptic. Every match I'm in one side has 2 or 3 bots not even counting my side. Address the issue in the forums please. Please tell me your at least working on it. This game is fast becoming Raiderz like in its flaws; another good game from perfect world but has world class terrible support. :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cera001 on

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Incoming copy pasta because this has been brought up before.
    They need to just remove all the rewards for a lost match in PvP. It's not pretty, but it will get the job done. Remove profits for losses = removing the players that are only there to intentionally lose for profit.
    I play PvP for fun. The rewards are a bonus. With or without the rewards, playing with bots is NOT fun.

Also, as someone who played RaiderZ for a short time, the maintenance is FAR superior here. For christ's sake, you STILL can't right-click to ignore bot spammers in RaiderZ.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    They need to just remove all the rewards for a lost match in PvP. It's not pretty, but it will get the job done. Remove profits for losses = removing the players that are only there to intentionally lose for profit.
    I play PvP for fun. The rewards are a bonus. With or without the rewards, playing with bots is NOT fun.

Also, as someone who played RaiderZ for a short time, the maintenance is FAR superior here. For christ's sake, you STILL can't right-click to ignore bot spammers in RaiderZ.

I do pvp mostly for the AD, why should I be punished because there is a bot issue? I have 2 characters so as of now that is 6 pvp matches each day. I want to keep getting AD and the little glory this gives me win or lose.

For you the rewards may be a bonus but to me they are the reason I do pvp , the fun is secondary. I am sorry but capture the flag is just boring.

Are you going to tell me you idea of fun is better or more valid than my idea of fun?

All these bot would explain why I often have party members that don't speak in chat though and stupidly do the same things over and over etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Many threads about this. I would love to see even a single response.
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I do pvp mostly for the AD, why should I be punished because there is a bit issue? I have 2 charatcers so as of now that is 6 pvp matches each. I want to keep getting AD and the little glory this gives me win or lose.

For you the rewards may be a bonus but to me they are the reason I do pvp , the fun is secondary. I am sorry but capture the flag is just boring.

All these bot would explain why I often have party memebrs that don't speak in chat though and stupidly do the same things over and over etc.
    You should be punished because people who pvp for AD tend to ruin the game for everyone who wants to PvP for the sake of it. Not like its even a good way to make AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    khitch25 wrote: »
    You should be punished because people who pvp for AD tend to ruin the game for everyone who wants to PvP for the sake of it. Not like its even a good way to make AD.

Really how do i ruin pvp for everyone else, I dont cheat, I try to win and I don't sit at the spawn point? If we are going to start up this stupid line of reason I can say PVP is ruining pve for me.

GO play a REAL PVP game!

Seriously anyone that likes real pvp should be embarrassed to be defending this tacky pvp sytem as it it now.

Btw it actually a good way to make AD while you are leveling up. Not everyone rolls need on everything so they can sell overpriced t1 and t2 gear in the AH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Pilfer, you're obviously aware that you can still complete the daily whether those are won or lost matches. This wouldn't affect your AD gain at all.

But if you're doing something that's not fun for you, you probably shouldn't do it at all. There are better and faster ways to make AD than the PvP dailies. And ways that would probably be more fun for you.

Go play a real farming game, if farming in-game currency is what you're here for. I hear d3 is great this time of year.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pilfer, you're obviously aware that you can still complete the daily whether those are won or lost matches. This wouldn't affect your AD gain at all.

But if you're doing something that's not fun for you, you probably shouldn't do it at all. There are better and faster ways to make AD than the PvP dailies. And ways that would probably be more fun for you.

I didn't say it wasn't fun I said the fun was secondary. The problem is this really: all the pvp whiners want to try and turn this pvp into some kind of super competitive pvp, like there are tournaments for, that will require premades etc.

The pvp in this game is lacking and made to be casual.

If you want hardcore pvp go play a hardcore pvp game, is getting old people trying to turn a predominately pve licensed game in a pvp one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mamorukmamoruk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are some fail safes they can put in for bots, like a type of log in system or something. I was playing dragonball online a while back and if you're just going around farming for somethng the system recognizes that you are doing a patterned action for a prolonged amount of time and bring up a system message that says hey we're checking up on you please go to a safe place in teh zone so we can administer a test to make sure you are not using a bot. and then they give u a little mini game to make sure its you playing and not a bot. They could implement something like that before pvp matches to make sure that its the person accepting and not the bot.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    all the pvp whiners want to try and turn this pvp into some kind of super competitive pvp, like there are tournaments for, that will require premades etc.

What we want is the bots to be gone. Stop shoving words in our mouths to further your own agenda about what you want the PvP to be like.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What we want is the bots to be gone. Stop shoving words in our mouths to further your own agenda about what you want the PvP to be like.

I want the botters gone too, there's no need to nerf the rewards system to achieve this. Stop trying to put words into my mouth to further your own agenda.

Bah your just as much of a stubborn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as me ranncore so lets just agree to disagree on this as both our heels are dug in and not open to compromise on this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enchantingjewlzenchantingjewlz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree about the bots, i enjoy the pvp i play to the end even when we lose but i have seen a bot be able to be everywhere at once even at the opposite teams re-spawn camp fire such a glitch needs fixing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bah your just as much of a stubborn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as me ranncore so lets just agree to disagree on this as both our heels are dug in and not open to compromise on this issue.

Fair enough. All I'm saying is that there is a solution to the botting and AFK issue. You have to decide what's more important: getting 3k xp and 100glory when you lose and playing with as many bots as there are players, or playing a REAL pvp match and not getting rewarded for it unless you win.

Me, I'll gladly give up the 100 glory and 3k xp on a loss to play a fun match.

I can't think of another solution that would get rid of both bots and players only present to intentionally lose for easy rewards, but if you can, feel free to share it.

Edit: altho I would hate to see this implemented, and it doesn't do anything for the AFKers, an easy fix for the bots would be to put in a CAPTCHA when the domination queue pops.
  • Options
    mamorukmamoruk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the simple solution is to just kick the bots when u see them. hey you're gonna be fighting an uneven match anyway so u might as well not let them gets the rewards... unless they're party lead and then you're just ****ed
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    played three games today before server went down and in the last game it was me and a buddy and 8 bots. the 10th person couldn't get in. They were obviously bots because they would run to the center point and then stand around doing nothing. At least it was a fast game.

The worst part is that of those three games I had the same bot on my team each time and somehow he got lead 2 out of 3 games. Bots have to go but sadly dropping all rewards is not the way to go about it since they are already not scoring the item rewards and glory has a cap.

Wish I could come up with a better solution but so far no luck.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mamoruk wrote: »
    there are some fail safes they can put in for bots, like a type of log in system or something. I was playing dragonball online a while back and if you're just going around farming for somethng the system recognizes that you are doing a patterned action for a prolonged amount of time and bring up a system message that says hey we're checking up on you please go to a safe place in teh zone so we can administer a test to make sure you are not using a bot. and then they give u a little mini game to make sure its you playing and not a bot. They could implement something like that before pvp matches to make sure that its the person accepting and not the bot.

But the bots actually outperform people :(

Seriously I've been fighting alongside my good ol' buddy zxcv and he NEVER dissapoints.

Qinger is a bit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ( he kept walking into walls ) but zxcv has actaully killed people. **** those bots are so persistent though. They Silence you no matter what and they don't stop coming.

I'll miss that crazy old fool ... zxcv you were my hero....
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I like the rewards for pvp since it allows another avenue to level in and the AD daily helps keep the pvp mini-game queues short. However, I hate the current "afker"/ leaver situation so am open to anything.

That said, I think a more elegant solution than just eliminating points for losers is to set points and AD daily based on contribution. For example, kills and assists near or on points give 10/5 points, healing (not overhealing) gives some sort of points, capping gives 20 points. Winning also gives a set point bonus and the daily is only completed if you win a BG.

The more points you get the more xp/glory you get. This means that even if you are on a losing team there is still incentive to play since you could still get a lot of points by trying and playing the game right (capping/fighting on nodes); meanwhile you would get little or no points if you afk or leave.

The kicking system would then need to be changed to group vote, the queue system fixed, and an afkers/leavers debuff added to boot.
  • Options
    argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Removing rewards for lost matches will not remove bots, or even hinder them. Because even bots win a game every now and then -> it's worth it leaving the bot running. They still get something for nothing, even though it may be less than before.

Yes, I do want them gone, but there will need to be a different solution, usually a very sophisticated one that we here on the forums have no clue about.
  • Options
    smacktrick5smacktrick5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do pvp mostly for the AD, why should I be punished because there is a bot issue? I have 2 characters so as of now that is 6 pvp matches each day. I want to keep getting AD and the little glory this gives me win or lose.

You don't grasp basic economics too well don't you? If you lower the overall glory gain in the game (by not giving any glory for lost matches) without reducting the prices of the items sold for glory, the AD prices of those items will obviously rise up aswell. Now unless you actually lose way over 50% of your matches, your AD income would still be secured. If you win way over 50% of your matches you'd infact earn more AD per match.

Also those banking the glory waiting for more items to show up in the shop (new classes?) or for the AD prices to simply get higher for whatever reason can't really do it either as there is a glory cap in the game. If they'd actually do a change like this the prices would 100% surely rise eventually.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    argonac wrote: »
    Removing rewards for lost matches will not remove bots, or even hinder them. Because even bots win a game every now and then -> it's worth it leaving the bot running. They still get something for nothing, even though it may be less than before.

Yes, I do want them gone, but there will need to be a different solution, usually a very sophisticated one that we here on the forums have no clue about.

Of course it will hinder them, it will make multibox afking in pvp bgs totally pointless and put the focus on actually playing to win-although as i said above giving points for active and meaningful participation regardless of win or loss would acheive the same thing and be better imo.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You don't grasp basic economics too well don't you? If you lower the overall glory gain in the game (by not giving any glory for lost matches) without reducting the prices of the items sold for glory, the AD prices of those items will obviously rise up aswell. Now unless you actually lose way over 50% of your matches, your AD income would still be secured. If you win way over 50% of your matches you'd infact earn more AD per match.

Also those banking the glory waiting for more items to show up in the shop (new classes?) or for the AD prices to simply get higher for whatever reason can't really do it either as there is a glory cap in the game. If they'd actually do a change like this the prices would 100% surely rise eventually.

I understand economics very well, the problem is your assuming I do pvp to get glory to sell those items for more AD which is not the case.

I do pvp because it is quick and different and while leveling, gives you a small income of AD to spend on junk while leveling and it allows me to slowly acquire glory for later on at end game for the pvp armor or other items possibly it more is added etc.

The bots are doing what you think I am trying to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Of course it will hinder them, it will make multibox afking in pvp bgs totally pointless and put the focus on actually playing to win-although as i said above giving points for active and meaningful participation regardless of win or loss would acheive the same thing and be better imo.

I'll grant you that it would hinder a multibox base afk bot squadron. I was thinking of solo queue bots only.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So, still no official response to this plague. Nice work Cryptic ..
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Haven't seen that many bots, but you can kick them or just leave the game. What's really ridiculous is entire team of afk. Since you can attack them in the spawn they probably don't get flagged.

Put in a vote kick.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Putting in a vote kick won't do a thing to reduce the amount of bots. Other solutions must be found, and it's a tough issue. Many games wrestle with it for years.
  • Options
    loktlokt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bots aren't only one problem here.
    There is PvP abusers.
    You are joining pvp domination, after that they kick you and have fast win.
    That happens from 10 till 60 lvl.
    http://i081.radikal.ru/1305/be/ab0b4bcc9041.jpg

Btw to take screenshot from game, that automatically hiding UI, but paint work well.
  • Options
    marvelousjmarvelousj Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a great idea. Put out something that says we will be banning people for macroing in PvP. Now if a GM actually exists they log for a few hours late at night is the best and bans a ****load of people. Let them make more accounts and if it happens again its a ip ban. Problem solved. Before you even say that wont stop them blah blah blah. Don't kid your self. Not that many of them are as savy as you give them credit for. A ip ban will stop 95% of everyone.
  • Options
    cythrulcythrul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue is completely ruining the game for me. How hard can it be to detect a macro program and just ban people? If Ultima Online could do it in 1998, I'm sure they can do it now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still no official response. Great.