test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Cry Unanswered

obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Q0eMi34.jpg

A Cry Unanswered by @obsidianw0lf

Short Code: NW-DGNBAX3RD
Mission Type: Story/Retrieval/Combat
Average Duration: 20 minutes
Amount of Combat: moderate to high
Starts at: World map located in the city of Neverwinter to the south west. Location marker name is "A Cry Unanswered".

Mission Summary: Walking through the Enclave you hear what sounds like a child's scream. You look around, and notice that everyone around you either didn't hear the scream, or just doesn't care. You cut your way through a side alley, and come upon a small drow child hunched over. To your right you catch a glimps of a hooded man moving away down the alley. Approaching the girl you bend over to see what happened.

The quest will take you through a Inn full of death, and into a underground tomb where a dark threat from the past is being brought back to life.

Author tips/hints: Be careful choosing tails. Sometimes it may lead to a harder fight. Careful how long you listen to doors. You may find there is allot of angry drow on the other side if you listen to long. Avoid getting close to spider eggs. I think you will find that may cause spiders to pop out and see who is at their door step. Other then that have fun.

Links to more pictures.
acu 1
acu 2
acu 3
acu 4
acu 5
acu 6
acu 7
acu 8
acu 9

[Edited]
The ending has been reworked, and the difficulty has been greatly reduced. The quest should be able to be soloed at all levels now. The run time of the quest is now around 22 minutes for solo.
7bK3vEy.gif

A story driven quest with humor, and a lot of challenging fights. What starts out as a simple lost item quest quickly turns into a much darker, and a lot more dangerous adventure.
Post edited by obsidianw0lf on

Comments

• hekl3rposthekl3rpost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a chance to run through your quest a tiny bit. I noticed there wasn't a fire at the entrance, not sure if this is intentional because you are saving it for deeper into the dungeon. I really liked the attention to environmental details. I thought the gore was awesomely gory. I liked the wood beam that was holding up the portcullis gate. I thought that was a great touch. I am not a fan of the spider web graphic but you did a good job with it. I only scratched the surface, but I think the environmental detail of what I saw was good.
    The spider dungeon was spooky and then I died. I will try to get some folks together and give it a real run through.
  • obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey hekl3 thanks for coming by and letting me know your thoughts. So far I've been limited to just my two friends, and my wife's opinion so I'm happy to have more input. I'm glad you enjoyed what you have played so far. I have tried to make the quest both fun, and challenging. To do that I spent a few weeks working on the quest's layout, and encounters. Adding little touches as I went. I only posted it here once I felt it was good enough to be called finished. It still isn't perfect but it is as close as I can get to what I was aiming for with the limitations of the editor.

As for the combat I did make it pretty hard, but not impossible, so with a few friends you will make it through just fine =) Sorry you died though. Ah who am I kidding I'm the DM I have to insert a maniacal laugh here Muwhahaha (ok that is out of the way).

I have run it a few times with friends. They both ran Guardian fighters, and I ran a cleric. At the time we were all around lvl 22 with those toons. We made it through the quest with only one wipe against the second wave of the last fight. If you can make it through the second wave you will be fine. It's the peak of the last encounter.

Finally before I forget. Yes the camp fire is deeper in the map. It is placed in the sub boss room where you find the artifact you came to recover. That way you can get healed up from fighting through the spiders dungeon before taking on the sub boss fight.

If you need any more tips on the quest let me know I'll help out as I can. I'm located on the Dragon server. My highest lvl toon is only 26 as I have been spending a lot of my time in the Foundry building quests. I'm currently working on one that will work as a solo lvl combat with a interesting story. Well at least I hope it is an interesting story. =P
    7bK3vEy.gif

A story driven quest with humor, and a lot of challenging fights. What starts out as a simple lost item quest quickly turns into a much darker, and a lot more dangerous adventure.
  • obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have updated the quest to make it more of a solo quest then a group based quest. this way it will open it up for more people to play the quest and maybe enjoy the story.
    7bK3vEy.gif