test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Targeting issues

justice4justice4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I play as a rogue, and often in dungeons my group will ask me to target the boss and only the boss, while the rest of the players fight the adds. My question is, is there any way to lock on to a target or to make sure that I am attacking what I want to attack? When there is a boss and lots of other critters running around, it can be extremely difficult to make sure my mouse cursor is always on and targeting the right enemy, particularly when then run in between my character and the boss or monster I'm targetting.
Post edited by justice4 on

Comments

• llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you have him in your sights - hit Ctrl & hold it down, works well for pesky telporters, dodgers etc too.
  • teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Bosses are taller than rest of the mobs - aim higher, auto target lock will take care of the rest (your target islocked till you release mouse button).
  • justice4justice4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teemoor wrote: »
    Bosses are taller than rest of the mobs - aim higher, auto target lock will take care of the rest (your target islocked till you release mouse button).

Cool, I didn't know this! It's a pity I can't move while I'm attacking, or I'd never let go of it lol
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They need to allow the rebind of CTRL.

Although I think this is insanely overpowered to allow people to lock targets.

I am sure there is a macro or /command to lock onto specific targets.

Prehaps aim then /locktarget 1

I dunno..
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.