test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

placing people in inns and out side (Help!)

desimateddesimated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
hello there felow players
i am new to the foundry making proces and i ask for aid
i am making my own foundry quest where i require npcs in inns and outside in farms and that.
i can drag npcs onto the screen and place roughly where they will be but i was wondering if there is a way to move them or place them better positions for people playng in the quest with out having to jump in to the quest to play find where they are then jump out move them and jump back in to check
sorta like the 3d editor side of things where you can place things in better places and see where they are going

any help would be awesome
cheers
Post edited by desimated on

Comments

• Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately 2d edit mode is the only way to place/manipulate NPCs, same thing goes for encounters and respawn points.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    tonylanglettonylanglet Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With detail objects you are able to move those in-game with the 3D editor but that does not compute when it comes to NPCs.

When you place the Encounter or NPC you'll have to put them where you want them to be and to angle them in which direction you which them to look. There is no preview of the map where you can make changes "live". I'm sorry to say but you have to place them as good as you can in the begining and then jump into game and see what has to be done and then get back into the editor and do fine tune it, sadly.

I'm having the same problem when it comes to teleports and the interactive planes which doesnt work as the rest of the objects. And its a pain to fine tune the location of a NPC which is suppose to sit against a wall.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    an idea, tho I haven't tested it. Grab an object around the same size as the NPC you wish to place. Move it in testing to where you want and then take the co-ords/angle for that object and apply it to the NPC. go back into the game to view what minor adjustments are needed. The NPCs will probably obey gravity and so you may need to place the placeholder object slightly above the floor you wish the NPCs to be on.
  • Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    an idea, tho I haven't tested it. Grab an object around the same size as the NPC you wish to place. Move it in testing to where you want and then take the co-ords/angle for that object and apply it to the NPC. go back into the game to view what minor adjustments are needed. The NPCs will probably obey gravity and so you may need to place the placeholder object slightly above the floor you wish the NPCs to be on.

Pretty much.
  • Options
    lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, join the NW_Foundry chat channel. Lots of nice helpful people there who have great tips like that one.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding