test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Usefulness of recovery on companion

jiralyajiralya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a Cleric Disciple companion and i was wondering, how good recovery is on him, i tried applying 100 recovery but his cooldowns didnt got lowered on the tooltip, so its hard to quess how useful it is, does anyone happend to know the ratio?

P.S. She is lvl 15
Post edited by jiralya on

Comments

• Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    perhaps the cooldown are actually slow so need a bunch of recovery. I did for my Man-at-Arms since I am a Cleric, it let him strike more often so he take the threat away from me.
  • Options
    jiralyajiralya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea i understand recover stat as it is, but i would like to know how much % of spells cooldown will go down by adding 100 recovery
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It depends on the spell's cooldown, the higher the cooldown, the higher the effect it receives from cooldown reduction.
    Well, it's actually the same effect, but it's a lot more noticeable on higher cooldowns. Thats what I meant.

Aaaaand companions don't get very nice bonuses from REC. I think it's a waste.
    A cleric with 3k recovery reduces the cooldown of Sunburst by maybe ~2.5 seconds (11.5s---> 9s). Companions can't hoard so much recovery so.... O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So recovery DOES work on companions then?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well stats work WAY differently on companions.

For example my rank 30 Phoera with only like 250 lifesteal has a little over 100% Lifesteal lol.

And he is also incapable of critting from what I've seen. I've also noticed defense is pretty effective on companions.

I still have to test recovery, kind of hard to tell a difference.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    only if using ioun stone
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whilst recovery may work on companions they get a much smaller stack of stats than we do, so they can't get enough of it to really make much of a difference. Add to that the fact that you cannot control when they use their spells anyway so the spell you want them to use might be off cd and they just don't use it. So to my mind its pretty useless stat to put on a non-augment companion.

The cat and the stones which act as augments to your own stats however are a different matter, those it is worth adding recovery to if you need a top up on that stat yourself.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doesn't recovery only reduce the recharge on encounter powers? The abilities that companions have seem to be at-will's w/ recharge times imposed on them...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Well stats work WAY differently on companions.

For example my rank 30 Phoera with only like 250 lifesteal has a little over 100% Lifesteal lol.

And he is also incapable of critting from what I've seen. I've also noticed defense is pretty effective on companions.

I still have to test recovery, kind of hard to tell a difference.

Thanks for the tip on the defense itemization for Companions! Any updates on recovery effects on Companion's cooldown abilities?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    lemartes99lemartes99 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Update on recovery.

It seems it has no effect with companions. here is some testing i did with a Caleb Durr. I used Advanced Combat Tracker to look at the combat log.

I ran the same foundry.

Caleb with 0 Recovery
    Slams : 54
    Hurl Stones : 5

Caleb with 375 Recovery
    Slams : 55

Caleb with 645 Recovery
    Slams : 57

Hurl stones has a 2 minute cooldown, recovery did nothing for it.
    I wonder if this is a bug, or working as intended. And if it is they way it supposed to be, why have Companion runestones with Recovery ?