What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Spotlight: A Fateful Encounter

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Congrats and nice work Zovya! :)

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=899311
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG!! Awesome!

...oh, and thank you!
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grats, its a much deserved honor!
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congrats! :)
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gratz girl! DMs ftw!
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grats! Well done!
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A huge gratz! Well deserved! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woohoo! Congrats Zovya way to go!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy moly, good job matey

EDIT: I'm assuming these are switched out periodically. Might not be a bad idea to have a sticky that lists out all the spotlighted quests, so in the future they can be referenced.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grats! It's a great quest. :)
  • Options
    notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Grats to you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Congrats! Well deserved :)
  • Options
    lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is so awesome! Congratulations.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Excellent choice! :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    Good choice.
    And it has evil option. ;)
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the congo rats everyone. I promise to feed them, and pet them, and call them Francis.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited May 2013
    Woot Grats
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Thanks for all the congo rats everyone. I promise to feed them, and pet them, and call them Francis.

my great ancestor was named francis! He was a privateer yar!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    huge question tried to figure it out on my own but how do you do the adjustable diffuculty slider?
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Brazzaville rats!

;)
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • Options
    aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    huge question tried to figure it out on my own but how do you do the adjustable diffuculty slider?

Have mobs spawn or despawn based on dialogue choices :)

General consensus is that it's better to despawn if the player chooses the easy option, because you might inadvertently make your quest too hard if you did the converse.
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congrats! :o
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I had 3 sets of encounters for each map. Each tied to appear on one of the three dialogue prompts, easy tough or hard. So 3 times the work on something I hate having to do anyway. Placing encounters. But there is such a huge difference in class and level of a player, I felt it was absolutely needed. Even some have trouble with easy, and others think the hard is too easy.