test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter - The Most Unwanted Class

helldemon44helldemon44 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So ive been 60 for a while now, in a guild with quite a few people as well and it seems that no1 in their right mind ever wants to group with a GF for any T2 dungeons or higher, this has obviously been said and mentioned many many times by other frustrated players but I think it needs to be mentioned again until there is a fix!!

Basically the game consists of DC, CW and TR's, seriously? 3 class? in an mmo...... 3 viable classes that is, im sick and tired of running crypts, cloak tower and ****ing idris...... its pretty ****ing stupid that a game on release would be like this and NO its not ****ing "open beta" when u can pay2win ok, calling an unfinished game "open beta" isn't an excuse for having such a poorly designed game.......

Don't get me wrong, this game is extremely fun and that's why I hope there is a fix soon, but I think its long overdue, they need to nerf bull**** TR's dps, nerf the ****ing double cleric.

If these things don't get addressed soon, im sure this game wont last long, seems like just another perfect world cash grab.
Post edited by helldemon44 on

Comments

• methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wholeheartedly agree. My GF is next to useless.
  • mikukaomikukao Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mhhh my guild begged me to get my GF to 60 again ASAP after I rerolled. Why are you not building groups yourself? I did that weeks ago and never had any problems gearing up. For T2 you don't wanna run with ****ty pugs anyway.

If you just wanna log on, instant queue and grab loot, then yeah, not gonna work as GF. If you play your GF as a tank, that's why noone is taking you. Dunno, I never had any issues finding groups and still don't have any. Maybe join a Guild? Maybe you just suck at the class? Can't see how people wouldn't want to take the highest AoE DPS class in the game honestly.
  • vagdushvagdush Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    GF is the highest AoE DPS? Did you maybe add a W in your head?
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vagdush wrote: »
    GF is the highest AoE DPS? Did you maybe add a W in your head?
    Nope, he is completely right.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
    edited May 2013
    No, I didn't. I'm usually second in damage after our rogue and that's only because he knows what he's doing. Check Screenshots by Envy or Sanctum in one of the many GF threads in this forum if you don't believe me. Granted, you need a bit of gear and it's AoE cleave damage. Single target you should be behind a rogue, assuming he's not terrible.
    Thing is, most GFs are really bad at doing dps, gearing properly or try to spec tank. Also in T1 they ARE kinda useless. But so is everyone except cleric and rogues. In T2 it's a whole different story though. It also boils down to player skill. Some ****ty rogue is not gonna do much for you if he dies on the last boss of frozen heart, while I just solo that big oaf easily :P Same with Mad Dragon. I just did a pug with my fresh lvl 60 GF and was praised by everyone after I solo'd the dragon to 0 while 2!!!! TWO! rogues where mostly on adds, because they can't handle dps'ing the boss without being high maintanance on the cleric.

I'm dead serious when I say that GF has the highest AoE DPS and is still great to have on any boss fight.

Edit: Any guild or group worth their weight will also gladly take a well played GF along. IF and WHEN that one patch to own all patches arrives that fixes aggro, nerfs astral shield etc. people will BEG you to carry their groups. So there's that too.
  • helldemon44helldemon44 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikukao wrote: »
    Mhhh my guild begged me to get my GF to 60 again ASAP after I rerolled. Why are you not building groups yourself? I did that weeks ago and never had any problems gearing up. For T2 you don't wanna run with ****ty pugs anyway.

If you just wanna log on, instant queue and grab loot, then yeah, not gonna work as GF. If you play your GF as a tank, that's why noone is taking you. Dunno, I never had any issues finding groups and still don't have any. Maybe join a Guild? Maybe you just suck at the class? Can't see how people wouldn't want to take the highest AoE DPS class in the game honestly.

I like how people read the title then reply, idiot
    edited May 2013

Um, what is your problem? I read your post and responded....why are you hostile towards me for no reason?
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    Nope, he is completely right.
    Yeah he's right.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • will954will954 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the only way to get good groups is to be in a guild (and believe me when I say, plenty of guilds even don't want GFs in T2), then this game will die fast. Lots of players do want to jump on grab a que and get some loot. EVERY class should have the same chance to do that. But the current state of the game is 2DC, 2CW and 1TR is far and away better then any group that takes a fighter.
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    GF > GWF

have both. have no doubts.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • vagdushvagdush Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I won't argue that GF can be top DPS, but a cleave fest vs. a GWF on -real- AoE fest... there is no comparison. Cleave barely qualifies as AoE. Again, I'm not saying GF can't be top DPS, they are just not top AoE.
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vagdush wrote: »
    I won't argue that GF can be top DPS, but a cleave fest vs. a GWF on -real- AoE fest... there is no comparison. Cleave barely qualifies as AoE. Again, I'm not saying GF can't be top DPS, they are just not top AoE.

Lol, this is a joke. I almost forgot CWs are taken to parties for perma blackhole.

The reason why GFs are so superior to GWFs is not because we do a lot more AoE dmg, it's because we also do a ****load more single target than them. On Draco Lich I can keep very even with top top top TRs. On Stationary bosses that pose no problem I'll get behind by 700k-900k, which is still great considering they are insanely geared rogues with perfect rotations and I don't yet have a full timeless set to do optimized dmg on bosses where I don't get hit.
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also doing 2nd highest DPS next to our rogue and I'm always top in the damage taken charts millions far from the damage taken by our cleric. Thanks to GF's awesome tanking encounters (KValor EThreat ITFray). 2nd highest DPS with highest damage taken can only mean one thing, I manage to keep most of the mobs in front of me while endlessly cleaving them. How? Fighter's Recovery that's how. ITFray with KValor instantly and I mean instantly replenishes our Daily Hex, allowing you to perma spam recovery or menace (note: if you manage to keep significant numbers of adds in front of you, you can even string 3 menaces which makes you into a super giant guy try it it's funny XD). This allows us to stay alive while taking half of everyone's incoming damage and tanking outside the cleric's astral shield (which ofc reduces the DC's threat level). Some GFs are just lazy and simply cleaves mobs while inside the shield without doing anything party-level-significant. That's why people don't like our class that much. My guild loves running with me and I always run with them so... Good luck guys.
  • mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013

Considering your post was whining about how much you suck I wouldn't really recommend anyone read it.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic response to agro question:

"There are no concrete plans".

The best thing for unhappy people to do if they are waiting for a GF change is to horde AD and glory so you can speed level and gear a ranger.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikukao wrote: »
    Can't see how people wouldn't want to take the highest AoE DPS class in the game honestly.

..... tell me more.....

xD
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's really kinda sad to see one post that says nerf GF dmg and another say GF is useless.
    If anything the Prot and Tact trees are whats useless.

GF are having a hard time because:
    #1 The Community
    #2 Gearsets are misleading; making new players think they can turtle tank
    #3 Multiple Guard bugs

Really there's only 2 sets Stalwart Bulwark and Timeless. That's the devs fault but it doesn't make GF useless.
    Most have seen GF top dps through AoE dmg and they very well can compete with rogues in single target as well. Not beat, but compete.

If they did match or beat rogues in single target it would be rogues who'd have no purpose in a group. After all a rogue cannot range mark and generally have no knockbacks or group buffs.

As for the double cleric thing I myself like to get my dungeons done fast, as there's no argument that GF > DC in dps. Double circle is for lazy people who don't know what they're doing and as stated above Fray + Recovery are golden.