test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG REPORT - Players kicked from queued PvP group by groupleader

eternellaeternella Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
It can hardly be intended by the developers of Neverwinter Online that a leader of a queued group in PvP can kick other players.

Please remove this ASAP as many "not-so-nice" players abuse it to no end. To some extent this "bug" should be removed from regular queued PvE groups with a "kick vote" feature (look on World of Warcraft), as again: queued group should NOT have any single leader with "that much power".
Post edited by eternella on

Comments

• aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add A type of Vote system boot a person out of group, So can avoid by being booted by just the leader. I find many people are being rude and not allowing a person to grab the chest in a DD. It is wrong and It should stop. AND please Add it for PVP Please.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    they need to keep a kick system, but it should abe a vote skick system, which anyone can trigger but at least 2 others much accept ie 3 out of 5 must agree to a kick
  • eternellaeternella Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It warms my heart to see that I am not alone with this humble request!
    edited May 2013
    Dear developers!

You fixed the auctionhouse exploit very fast, but know this: PvP has so many bots that use it to "auto-level" (exp is great in pvp, actually so great that its better to lvl on pvp than doing regular exp-grind)! I notcied how the bots are much "smarter" now in that they run in "groups" in a pre-set path. So indeed, your game need some sort of "bot-report", YES, some easy way to REPORT a BOT (look on Lineage II for an idea!)

With the bot-issue comes the fact that the botters often NOT are in a full 5 man groups, they usually run as 2-3 accounts. So, if a botter is leader its 80% chance the "honest player" who auto-joins the group get KICKED from it... so no longer are players KICKED by pre-teens who get a "KICK" out of kicking others, or wanna-be-marines who wants a GAME to be some sort of real life gun-hoo-santa-something and KICK anyone and everyone if stuff go bad or anyone question their IQ....

Developers, PLEASE, do something about kicking for pvp, do a vote system or whatever... and while it, look on World of Warcraft and make other than the two 5 vs 5 capture the point maps, it gets VERY boring... more vaired pvp, more maps... and above all: MORE PLAYERS than 5 vs 5 <---- its to gamebreaking with so few players... one player AFK = that team loose 90% of the time. the other group got "lucky roll" and good good groupset up = they win 95% of the time, etc etc etc.... 5 players is to few per team, make it 15-20 well, make is 30 even...!!! LOOK ON World of Warcraft.... please... they got the pvp right at least...

the very best regards
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doesnt help most the issues, but the 5v5 thing, i'm sure i read somewhere 20v20 is planned. personally i play pvp everyday now, for the diamonds, but i have never come accross bots, or been kicked... though judging by the increasing number of threads on it, i guess im lucky. sadly the list of bugs in pvp is enormous as a whole
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My friend often gets lead and kicks the afk tools that sit around the campfire I often see people calling in zone chat for afk groups if I had the power I would simply ban these players from the game as they dont want to play anyways.
    edited May 2013
    I leveled a priest to 60 and mostly did it in pvp, and in all that time I think I was groupleader one or two times. It's something strange regarding who gets to become leader in a pvp group. Anyways, I agree on that its somewhat "ok" to kick AFK'ers, but sadly "disagreements" far often than not also leads to "kicks" too, and *that* is too much power in the hands for a single player.

What Neverwinter Online really have going for it is the fast combat engine and name brand, the potential sure is there.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What killed pvp for me in wow was when blizzard revamped the system just prior to burning crusade coming out. Before that you had to earn your honour and rank whereas afterwards the majority of matches were plagued by afk leechers.

A vote system for kicking would reduce the abuse that happens in both pvp and pve groups. A number of times when I've ended up as leader for skirmishes I've been told within mere moments of someone dc'ing that I should kick them, then getting rude tells when I wait a few minutes for them to get back online.

A simpler solution would be to remove xp from pvp kills where a player has taken no active role in the kill, although with take and hold maps that might need tweaking to work in those defending an "inactive" flag.

However my hopes arent high that this will be fixed. Afterall cryptic are the ones that decided to add fed v fed matches to STO overnight killing off the klingon levelling option. They then commented later that there was no need for klingon content as noone played that race, a race that was there primarily for pvp. If any genre demanded the ability for looking ahead and joined up thinking it is the mmo.